Week 8 Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, WheatieMan said:

McVay and Donold were ho-hum about "running it back." Stafford should have retired, but I can understand a free pay day. That team needs to be broken up. It was a one year job and the gamble paid off, but unfortunately the 3-4 year rebuild can that was kicked down the road can be kicked no more.

They’re more likely to bring in a RB and an EDGE and punt more draft picks into the sun, than tear it up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

I really thought Green Bay was going to have a nasty defense this season. I thought the offense would struggle, sort of how it has, but the defense was going to be so lights out that we wouldn’t see it on the record sheet. Sheesh.

Yeah, the defense is the bigger surprise for me as well. It was clear the passing attack would take a hit with no Adams (though even that has fallen farther than I expected.) But it definitely felt like the defense was young and talented, you had a great running game, and a QB who never turns the ball over, and that would translate well to a more old school style good team. Worst case scenario, you win games like you drafted Alex Smith in 05 instead of Aaron Rodgers. But the OL doesn't look remotely the same, and the defense seems to have stepped backwards in every way. Just feels random, since the whole unit basically was kept together, save for like, Kevin King and Za'Darius Smith, who were being passed up by their younger backups anyways. Both of their top draft picks were in the front 7 too.

And the numbers don't look that bad, they're like a mid-tier defense in a lot of stats, but they just allowed 25+ points per game in a 4 game stretch against Bailey Zappe, Zach Wilson, Daniel Jones, and Taylor Heinicke. They've played one offense in the top 12 in points per game so far. And they can't stop anyone from running. The Bills don't even want to run the football and they managed 150+ rushing yards at 5.7 per carry. It just isn't what it seems like it should be.

• Like 1

Yeah this revelation wasn't randomly specific at all. Strange way to flex Josh Allen. BTW how often do teams play three former MVPS in a four game span?

The funny thing is even with that "stat", when Troy Aikman did it, Steve Young had to leave the game after the first half in the Cowboys/49ers showdown. He was replaced by Elvis Grbac who proceeded to **** the bed, and lose the game. 

43 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah this revelation wasn't randomly specific at all. Strange way to flex Josh Allen. BTW how often do teams play three former MVPS in a four game span?

The funny thing is even with that "stat", when Troy Aikman did it, Steve Young had to leave the game after the first half in the Cowboys/49ers showdown. He was replaced by Elvis Grbac who proceeded to **** the bed, and lose the game. 

Not a 'top 10 player in the league' though....

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I need someone to explain to me why Jerry Jones is so delusional with regards to Zeke Elliott vs. Tony Pollard. what is going on here?

Push that to the backseat for just a second - why is Jerry answering this at all? Isn’t that a question for the coach? Unless there’s some sort of dynamic here, where Jerry is an ego maniac control freak, that I’m unaware of….