Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

13 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I continue to wonder what more ppl expect from Willis right now 

he had a pass where Hollister didn’t even look for the ball

conley and NWI drop gems

shouldve drawn DPI to hooper

hes a third round project with no pass blocking OL, no OC and no WRs

Did not see the first half but those comments didn’t resemble anything I saw.  Yes should have had to PI call and it wasn’t a “bad” pass that NWI couldn’t bring in but calling it a gem is generous.  The Hollister one is yes in receiver for not looking back at QB but then WR rarely look back until they reach the point where the ball should appear.  This was his route wrong either way the pass was a good 10 plus yards short.   I also saw him totally miss a wide open receiver other then the almost interception the only passes I remember past LOS in second half.   I did see him unwilling to throw to and or just not see open guys.  Blaming the horrid passing on our WR crew is just not willing to accept that the QB was why this O did zero in second half more then any other reason.  OL gave him time he just wasn’t ready to read and react.  I imagine his No 1 option was covered a lot and had zero awareness to go to read 2.  

this complaint of AJ is accepted as he is a top 10 WR but I still stand by my comment that he wouldn’t have helped win this game though his presence might have opened more runs in second half    And IMO we would still have three losses with AJ on team.  I mean with his history with the Titans he is probably injured as well right now

4 minutes ago, quiller said:

Did not see the first half

that's part of your problem lol. dude was in a rhythm in the first half. perfect back shoulder throw to hooper, an absolutely beautiful sideline shot right in the bucket to chris conley that was dropped, plus a couple of impressive runs. 

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that's part of your problem lol. dude was in a rhythm in the first half. perfect back shoulder throw to hooper, an absolutely beautiful sideline shot right in the bucket to chris conley that was dropped, plus a couple of impressive runs. 

I admit it is mainly on me, but other than handing off to Henry, I never felt comfortable with anything he did. I was worried each time. 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

honestly, call me crazy but if we can seriously address the talent deficit at OL and WR this offseason i miiiiight just be on the "move tannehill and roll with malik next season" train (plus moving tannehill will free $$$ to actually go get some of that offensive talent).

It depends on where Malik is at the season's end.  He doesn't have to be "there," but if he is progressing, absolutely do this.

Cut the obvious guys, and restructure a few more to avoid as much dead money as possible, and you can re-sign all of our priority FAs (Davis, Long, Simmons, and one DL) if they take team friendlyish deals.  That leaves holes at WR, TE, LT, LG, and Edge.  Bandaid everything you can, and then spend every draft pick on the BPA on offense or Edge.  Doesn't matter the position, just fix what you can with the best talent possible.

Any combo of talent at those positions and you get the team in a much better position.  Low end needs like depth a DT, LB, or S should be ignored.  This staff has already shown that they can get a lot of mileage from waiver wire defensive players.  Fix the offense and put Malik in the best position to succeed.

This year's rookie class is looking like a solid group, so if that's a sign that JRob and the scouting department has fixed whatever was wrong, they can add a lot of talent and get this offense respectable.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It depends on where Malik is at the season's end.  He doesn't have to be "there," but if he is progressing, absolutely do this.

Cut the obvious guys, and restructure a few more to avoid as much dead money as possible, and you can re-sign all of our priority FAs (Davis, Long, Simmons, and one DL) if they take team friendlyish deals.  That leaves holes at WR, TE, LT, LG, and Edge.  Bandaid everything you can, and then spend every draft pick on the BPA on offense or Edge.  Doesn't matter the position, just fix what you can with the best talent possible.

Any combo of talent at those positions and you get the team in a much better position.  Low end needs like depth a DT, LB, or S should be ignored.  This staff has already shown that they can get a lot of mileage from waiver wire defensive players.  Fix the offense and put Malik in the best position to succeed.

This year's rookie class is looking like a solid group, so if that's a sign that JRob and the scouting department has fixed whatever was wrong, they can add a lot of talent and get this offense respectable.

Yeah Malik needs to how he can handle a full NFL offense.  It would be better to roll with Malik and go spend money on WRs and talent around him. That's how you hope to do it. Cheap rookie QB deal, pay playmakers around him. 

But he has a long way to go. 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

honestly, call me crazy but if we can seriously address the talent deficit at OL and WR this offseason i miiiiight just be on the "move tannehill and roll with malik next season" train (plus moving tannehill will free $$$ to actually go get some of that offensive talent). i love tannehill but we know he's not the guy, he's not getting any younger, and we have an out on his contract. imo with malik, the dude needs reps. he needs the game to slow down for him. but imo, there are enough flashes there that even if he's not the guy, i want to give him a go. rip the bandaid off let's do it baby

I think the main thing is fix the OL. 
If Ben retires, move Brewer to a position where he might have more success at C. 
Replace the whole left side. Draft an OT, pay a FA Guard