Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I don’t actually know the answer to any of those questions. I can only guess or like I said not give the benefit of the doubt. I also think you’re pigeon holing one problem from that entire article of issues. 

I understand there is a tremendous amount of money grabs that occur in non-profits in general and many are just tax shelters.  I have no doubt that if you personally work for a proper public corporate entity you adhere to higher standards.  I just think this is a low blow and unnecessary piling on.  

I do know Tanya has done an immense amount of cancer work and the Snyders both dealt with cancer.  Tanya has been a very public advocate for breast cancer awareness and shared her personal story.  It has been a feature talked about during multiple games for many years during Breast Cancer Awareness month for the nfl.  However, it has faded away because the nfl stopped the focus on breast cancer awareness month.  

Of course, I have no doubt though there will be a reaction from the commanders to this article and they will likely kick themselves in the teeth like usual by overreacting.  

I am not a fan of this unnecessary and unproductive attacks on the snyders.   Hence my reaction.  Why can't we stick with legitimate less frivolous issues.  Really though, does anyone envision an attorney general going after cancer survivors for semantics of a charity that has a long history of real charitable work?  That isn't a good look.  

• Like 1

The report that Commanders owner Daniel Snyder has received multiple offers “well north” of $7 billion for the team and associated real estate comes at a perfect time. Today is the day for interested bidders to put their proposals on paper.

Via JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington, at least fiveand possibly up to seven bids are expected.

Snyder reportedly wants $7 billon. The Broncos sold for an American sports franchise record of $4.65 billion earlier this year.

As noted by Finlay, the recent news that the NBA’s Phoenix Suns will be sold for $4 billion will drive the market for the Commanders even higher.

Snyder could be tempted to let it ride, thinking that the passage of time will simply make the expected price even higher. At some point, though, his partners likely will make a move to oust him. Ultimately, the best time for Snyder to walk away will be just before they make him run.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The report that Commanders owner Daniel Snyder has received multiple offers “well north” of $7 billion for the team and associated real estate comes at a perfect time. Today is the day for interested bidders to put their proposals on paper.

Via JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington, at least fiveand possibly up to seven bids are expected.

Snyder reportedly wants $7 billon. The Broncos sold for an American sports franchise record of $4.65 billion earlier this year.

As noted by Finlay, the recent news that the NBA’s Phoenix Suns will be sold for $4 billion will drive the market for the Commanders even higher.

Snyder could be tempted to let it ride, thinking that the passage of time will simply make the expected price even higher. At some point, though, his partners likely will make a move to oust him. Ultimately, the best time for Snyder to walk away will be just before they make him run.

I just want a owner who does the right and best things for this team on and off the field and most of all for the fans. Get these players a state of the art facility for team headquarters close to the new stadium which should also be state of the art. This team is a gold mine and if the owner does this and allows this staff to continue this build atleast another season or two while handling the stadium and team facility by choosing location and getting that going this can be a huge time for this team going forward.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 10:03 AM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

20 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Did these guys not think about us fans, because the alternative is the option of having a dog as our mascot.  A frickin dog.  

I think this may stop the whole process. My guess is they’re trying to make $ off of trademarking the term Hogs which they pretty much did in the 80s. 

I don’t blame them, I hope they make some $ off Snyder. Eff Snyder!

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I think this may stop the whole process. My guess is they’re trying to make $ off of trademarking the term Hogs which they pretty much did in the 80s. 

I don’t blame them, I hope they make some $ off Snyder. Eff Snyder!

I would prefer the team be named the Hogs and if these guys do this trademarking crap then we lose that.

They really want to trademark their own nick name that was given to them for money?  Geez.

You can't go back in time and trademark things like this.  

I guess I was hoping the mascot would be the Hogs which would allow me to continue to feel tied to the past.  If it is a dog I am going to be so annoyed.

Anyways, Jason Wright is so bad.

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

How does this work for Doc Walker who is employed by the team?  

Sometimes you have to take a stand in life. We’ll see if Doc is loyal to his Hogs like he acts like he always will be or if he’ll do what he does at times and talk out both sides of his mouth and take Dan Snyder’s money.