Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

I see Darnell wright is picking up traction on packers Twitter… I was waiting to see if he did. Given he is in Gute ol stomping grounds of the SEC and because he was an OT that has a pretty clean career in the SEC.

So he is now being mocked at the 15 a lot.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Now that PFF paywalled their draft simulator, which one is the best?

I have been running through fanspeak and profootballnetwork most.  I usually do a couple every couple of days.  Usually I am just checking different scenarios.  Like go OT first, what happens to the edge guys later?  Or make sure I get JSN, but at what point can I now not totally jump the board for a DL?

Of course, you are at the mercy of whatever the sim decides to do, and they do sometimes do really unrealistic things.  I did run one tonight with Young, Levis, and Robinson available at 15.  So you have to kind of hold yourself to playing it as legit as possible when making your own picks, if you are trying to actually assemble a realistic draft class.

• Like 1

I want Brandon Joseph in the 4th round as our safety to target. Weak year for safeties so no since reaching for one of them. Joseph didn't test well, but you watch him play and he jumps off the screen. Great instincts which so many do not have. He's a value at 14 and will play for a team in the NFL and probably turn into a decent starter. 

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Now that PFF paywalled their draft simulator, which one is the best?

I have an account there.  Let me know if you want the login information if you want to use it to build a mock or something like that.

I think you can do 2 rounds of a mock before the wall kicks in.  

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I want Brandon Joseph in the 4th round as our safety to target. Weak year for safeties so no since reaching for one of them. Joseph didn't test well, but you watch him play and he jumps off the screen. Great instincts which so many do not have. He's a value at 14 and will play for a team in the NFL and probably turn into a decent starter. 

I like Sydney Brown (IL), Jartavius Martin (IL), Ji'Ayir Brown (PSU), and Daniel Scott (Cal) as later options.  I think I also liked the Notre Dame kid, Brandon Joseph, but I can't remember.  Again, all of these guys 4th round or later.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 5:38 PM, Packerraymond said:

I trade Yosh if I get 2nd round value. If I don't, yes he's OL6. Don't want him convoluting his OT footwork with center footwork. With him not starting I can ride his *** harder in the weight room too, which is ultimately going to be the biggest benefit to him.

Man I just don't know if I could stomach leaving Tom on the bench to get Yosh on the field.  Just on a personal level I've never been very high on Yosh; I want so badly to like him but there's elements of his game that just drive me up a wall.  Slow to react and slow to find work is just a really hard sell to me at OT.  Having him at RT mitigates some of that, and MLF is a good enough football mind to be able to work around it, but Tom just brings so much more to this scheme in particular because he's quick enough to do some fun things with in the wide running game.

It's not that I think you're wrong or even disagree that might be the best option, I just don't like it lol.

On 3/27/2023 at 1:43 PM, packfanfb said:

Nothing to see here. Just Keeanu Benton whooping our starting center as a freshman...

Yeah that's Myers alright; in his defense, the LG gets an assist for arriving just in time to prevent Myers from washing him past the pocket.  In his defense, the RE does a fantastic job holding onto him just enough to prevent him from coming to help on time, but not long enough to get called for holding.

That being said, big physical monsters who were stud wrestlers are like the worst nightmare of interior OL, so let's give props where they're due: Benton is a rough ask 1v1 in space no matter your talent.  Not sure the Packers will have the picks with the right opportunity to take him, but it is fun to ponder a Clark/Slaton/Benton interior and what it would be like to try and block that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Yeah that's Myers alright; in his defense, the LG gets an assist for arriving just in time to prevent Myers from washing him past the pocket.  In his defense, the RE does a fantastic job holding onto him just enough to prevent him from coming to help on time, but not long enough to get called for holding.

That being said, big physical monsters who were stud wrestlers are like the worst nightmare of interior OL, so let's give props where they're due: Benton is a rough ask 1v1 in space no matter your talent.  Not sure the Packers will have the picks with the right opportunity to take him, but it is fun to ponder a Clark/Slaton/Benton interior and what it would be like to try and block that.

Benton might be in play for those mid 40's spots.  May be a touch early for him, but not by much

• Like 1