Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

6 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Gronk wasn't a 1st round pick to begin with.   A lot of 1st round picks have been poorly used trying to get the next Gronk.   I hope we don't repeat these mistakes.

I thought it was Gronk's back that kept him out of the first round.  Like he was insanely talented, but the back pushed him down a little.

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

Alright Albert Breer is saying Michael Mayer is what he keeps hearing at 15 even though the league says Dalton Kincaid to GB.

I think it’s high for both but would love Mayer to be on this team with Love.

Any of the "hearing" rumors are fun.  But the guys Breer "keeps hearing" from are not Gute, and don't work for the Packers.  Unless, of course, they are leaks intended for objectives other than truth.  

• Like 1

Too much smoke for me to think TE is the actual pick, but I'll be relatively happy with it. Not because I love the value of the position in the first, but because I want Gute to attempt to load this offense up by any means necessary. 

I think OL or Edge is more likely. I have a sick feeling that Keion White getting a 1st round invite is not without significance. Man, I hope it's not us. 

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm mentally preparing myself to me okay with Mayer at 15. Like the player, don't like the value. We'll see how it all goes.

It really depends on how concerning the medicals are on Washington.  Taking the top TE at 15 instead of trading down and getting the last one of that top tier is definitely less desirable, but it's possible you have the top tier as "one player".

Smarter move is probably to take an Edge at 15 then double dip on quality TE prospects later.  Like give me Musgrave and Kraft over Mayer or Kincaid anyday.

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

I have a sick feeling that Keion White getting a 1st round invite is not without significance. Man, I hope it's not us. 

It's almost certainly not us, since he's older, raw, and not a freak athlete.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm mentally preparing myself to me okay with Mayer at 15. Like the player, don't like the value. We'll see how it all goes.

I think I would be less shocked by TE Washington vs Mayer just because with Washington Gute can play the "freak athlete" card.  I would hate either one at 15.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It really depends on how concerning the medicals are on Washington.  Taking the top TE at 15 instead of trading down and getting the last one of that top tier is definitely less desirable, but it's possible you have the top tier as "one player".

Smarter move is probably to take an Edge at 15 then double dip on quality TE prospects later.  Like give me Musgrave and Kraft over Mayer or Kincaid anyday.

I think OT has the biggest drop off after our pick range. That will likely be the best value selection. EDGE and TE are both really deep into the 2ns and 3rd

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's almost certainly not us, since he's older, raw, and not a freak athlete.

I'm thinking the Saints are a possibility. They have an odd taste in pass rushers 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I thought it was Gronk's back that kept him out of the first round.  Like he was insanely talented, but the back pushed him down a little.

The back issues almost certainly pushed his draft stock down somewhat.   I was just suggesting that for any number of reasons the top TE's in the league have not arrived via 1st round draft pick.

I know historically picking a TE in round one has been poor in value… but getting a great TE seemingly is invaluable.

I think having an elite TE and having a QB that will use him… will make this offense crazy dangerous.

So although the first round history gives me pause… but getting a difference maker at that position I think is the second most important need (after having an LT of the future).