Is this the Bucs turning point?

NeptunePenguins

The Bucs loss in 2020 to the Chiefs 27-24 after starting off horrifically, only to almost come back to win the game. Now they have a victory against the Rams are look ready for a true run. Will they win it all? Or at the very least have a respectful playoff run? 

Edited by NeptunePenguins

Meh, a jinx would be more like a "The Bucs WILL win a Super Bowl" This is more of what are they capable of if everything turns around which seems like it might with how well they played in that 2nd half tonight. Best case scenario for the Bucs imo looks a bit like this 

image.png

Though that is the best case for them in my opinion. With the win tonight I would place the Bucs 9-8 to end the season. I give them a chance to make it, but they wouldn't be my favorites at this point. 

Edited by NeptunePenguins

The win might give the players a bit more belief, but we’re still not a very good football team.

The interior line is a massive problem and I don’t like our pass rush against teams with good offensive lines. For as long as the players think they can coast through games and for as long as Leftwich continues with his current approach to calling an offence, we will continue to lose games that the team everyone thought we were at the start of the season wouldn’t dream of losing.

Their biggest obstacles remain to be the Bengals, 49ers, and Seahawks in my opinion. All games I expect them to lose. Their division games aren't gimmies either. Still I do believe this win against the Rams almost certainly makes it difficult for them to miss the playoffs. Only true question is whether they hang with the upper tier teams in the playoffs, which if their line keeps playing the way they are, it won't be easy. 

37 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Also, i will say that the bucs played like trash this game

Not a statement game at all

💯 this

The rams lost this game just as much as we should have lost it

Only good thing about this game was Brady calling all the plays because it was hurry up.  As long as Leftwich is still calling plays, this team is going to struggle to beat anyone.

Probably not. Obviously anything is within reach with Brady as triggerman, but the offensive line can't run the ball worth a lick. I've also heard coming into that game they were 5/50 on 3rd and 7, which is the worst in that metric since 2000. Yeah it's a specific stat, but not so specific that it shouldn't ring alarm bells. That's just flat out terrible. Losing Shaq Barrett also sucks. Luckily the NFC South is the NFC South, and the NFC as a whole is unremarkable in 2022. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe