2023 NFL Draft Thread

broncos67

On 12/26/2022 at 8:47 PM, jsthomp2007 said:

My radar is on Stetson Bennett. He will drop to the 5th ot 6th because of his size. But he has amazing footwork, reads defenses well, and gets the ball quickly. And dude has some moxy. He's either a top quality backup or he defies the odds like he has in college and starts eventually.

He doesn't have an NFL arm and will be 26 next October. Feels like another Aaron Murray, Jake Fromm level UGA QB. 

• Like 1

Looking at free agency, there's a LOT of DL talent available relative to OL talent. I would like to see Denver pursue either McGlinchey or Seumalo along the OL, but there's a ton of DL options that could work for us. Would not shock me to see us try and land one big signing on either side of the ball. I have a feeling we're gonna see a bunch of players restructure this season in addition to the cap casualties. 

Would find it hard to believe we go after a new HC and don't give him the maximum opportunity to succeed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Looking at free agency, there's a LOT of DL talent available relative to OL talent. I would like to see Denver pursue either McGlinchey or Seumalo along the OL, but there's a ton of DL options that could work for us. Would not shock me to see us try and land one big signing on either side of the ball. I have a feeling we're gonna see a bunch of players restructure this season in addition to the cap casualties. 

Would find it hard to believe we go after a new HC and don't give him the maximum opportunity to succeed.

After looking at OverTheCap.com, I was also thinking McGlinchey, and then taking O-Line in Round 1 and 3. 

21 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

After looking at OverTheCap.com, I was also thinking McGlinchey, and then taking O-Line in Round 1 and 3. 

I think George will trade down from that late 1st, hopefully securing us a 2nd and additional 3rd or early 4th. Depends upon what the HC wants and what needs we still have after FA. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see a trade down to get more picks, something George has always valued. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I think George will trade down from that late 1st, hopefully securing us a 2nd and additional 3rd or early 4th. Depends upon what the HC wants and what needs we still have after FA. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see a trade down to get more picks, something George has always valued. 

Lots of good line prospects in the day 2 range 

• Like 1

At this point I don't care if we spend our entire god damned draft on the offensive line. Russel Wilson running for his life every drop back at 34 years old is not a recipe for any kind of success. Yeah, they had a bunch of injuries. Guess what? They sucked before that. And our depth is horrid. I will say, our backups actually seem to be decent at run blocking which is a positive. But man.. brutal, brutal pass pro. 

21 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

At this point I don't care if we spend our entire god damned draft on the offensive line. Russel Wilson running for his life every drop back at 34 years old is not a recipe for any kind of success. Yeah, they had a bunch of injuries. Guess what? They sucked before that. And our depth is horrid. I will say, our backups actually seem to be decent at run blocking which is a positive. But man.. brutal, brutal pass pro. 

Who had that graph that said Russ was in the top 5 in time-in-pocket basically every year of his career, and also in sacks taken? That’s just who he is; a guy who’s elusive enough to buy time, but not smart enough to get the ball out before things completely close in. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Who had that graph that said Russ was in the top 5 in time-in-pocket basically every year of his career, and also in sacks taken? That’s just who he is; a guy who’s elusive enough to buy time, but not smart enough to get the ball out before things completely close in. 

That may be, my friend. But the amount of time it takes for our line to close in is sooo short, that doesn't bode well at all with his tendency to hold the ball. 

• Like 3

I support trading down. Hopefully Seattle can do us a solid and knock the Niners out this Saturday n it’s the least they could do after taking our top 5 pick. My philosophy has always been build through the draft. A few guys I really like are Ryan Hayes OT Mich, Matthew Bergeron OT, Syr, Jack Campbell LB, Iowa, Riley Moss CB, Iown, Malachi Moore, DB Ala, Chase Brown RB Ill, Andre Carter Edge, Army, Rashee Rice WR SMU, Trey Palmer WR, Neb, Tanner McKee QB Stan, Dalton Kincaid TE, Utah Joe Tippman C Wis, Tyler Davis, DT, Clem, Joey Porter, CB Penn, Brian Branch DB, Ala. I’ll be watching to see where they go. I really like seeing the Canadian players succeed in the NFL so I pay close attention to them. 

Edited by CDNBRONCOSFAN
Not complete
  • Like 3