Week 12 Gameday Thread (SNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-7-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-1-0)

Striker

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ha! Well maybe he does play next week.

Sounded like if that rib scan checks out he's playing.  Said once they are mathematically eliminated they can have some discussions.  Problem is that we will beat the Bears and still hang around for a while even though everyone knows this team is cooked.  I'd like to see Love get a start against a team like the Bears.  He can beat them for sure.  It would be a confidence builder.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

First thing he'll say, "I'm proud of our guys for battling and not giving up." Some idiotic **** like that.

And he is right.  Anybody who thought we were gonna win this one was kidding themselves.  We are a banged up unit going up against arguably the best team in the league at their place in prime time.  I thought the offense did some nice things in both halves.  Early in the game Rodgers had some nice throws but he got the hell beaten out of him and he might be done for the season.  I hope he doesn't have a collapsed lung.  Our backs ran hard.  That Watson is one fast guy!  Love showed a lot of promise and poise.  I was pleasantly surprised.  If we shore up the line and add a legit TE and another WR we might have a decent offense in 2023 and beyond.

We may finally have a returner in Nixon!  I don't recall too many penalties on ST tonite so perhaps Bisaccia's work is beginning to pay off?  We do need a new kicker.   Crosby is getting a little long in the tooth.

The defense is a mess.  We can't stop the run to save our souls and the tackling is atrocious.  This is unacceptable when you consider all the draft and FA capital we put into this unit.  I suspect it is coaching or scheme or both.  MLF has to address this problem this offseason.  

Just now, CWood21 said:

Had to figure that was going to be the case.  He's gritty, I'll give him that.  Probably holding the team back though.

Seriously. It's time to pull the ******* plug and get on with life.
IMO Love playing now doesnt preclude AR wont be back with the team next year - but the organization's gotta start making some decisions and taking some action. They seem to be sleep walking thru things.

If this was a home game, I'd have fired Barry's *** right after the game. Go clean out your office and thanks for participating. It's time to send some messages to folks that sub par play (or coaching) will no longer be tolerated.

My 2 cents.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The defense is a mess.  We can't stop the run to save our souls and the tackling is atrocious.  This is unacceptable when you consider all the draft and FA capital we put into this unit.  I suspect it is coaching or scheme or both.  MLF has to address this problem this offseason.  

I say start it now. Put folks on notice that things have got to change. Get their attention.
A better DC may or may not exist on our coaching tree - but sending a message to the players cant hurt at this stage. Everybody's playing for their careers.....so start playing like it.....or you'll be the next one out the door.

I appreciate him wanting to play it out for his team mates but nobody wants to see this. They're 4-8, he's 39 years old with a broken thumb that likely needs surgery + a rib injury with scans tomorrow to determine if there's anything fractured. Org needs to be smart and protect their very expensive investment here.

• Like 1