Zach Wilson

biggie.

31 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, completely missed the part where Jimmy sucking in the postseason is somehow not indicative of him sucking in the postseason, but Jerry Rice sucking in the postseason is indicative of Jimmy Garroppolo turning it around, made sense.

It’s okay, my man. Sometimes even the simplest things go over the biggest of heads, no shame. No hard feelings either. 😉 

Now you're starting to get it. Stay safe out there in the streets my man. Keep your head up. 

denzel-washington-bro.gif

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

10 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Now you're starting to get it.

Oh no, don’t get it twisted (again). You made it clear quite early that simple things go over your head. 

Jimmy in his 10th season flipping a switch because, almost 40 years ago, HOFer all-time great Jerry Rice did it after three years - nah, that part’s still…embarrassingly out there. 

How much guaranteed do you think SF gives to Jimmy this offseason? I’d cap it at $120M.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Mac Jones will always be a decent starter but he doesn’t have Top 10 QB potential like the four selected before him. Like, he’s bust proof, but he’s never gonna be that good. There is only so much one can do with an arm like his combined with lack of athleticism. Need one or the other, preferably both.

"never judge a QB until at least like 40% through season 3."

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Ohhhhh, it’s happened. It’s almost as if how Jimmy’s performed in the past has some sort of indication on what your expectation of him is going forward. Wow, crazy crazy thought…

It has to do with him having plenty of experience at this point, unlike Rice as a rookie lol. Not a hard concept. 

Zach can help the Jets win for a few years potentially. Isn’t that good? [insert QB who played like crap in their first two seasons and then went on to have a good career/win a SB], because if it can happen to that QB and Jerry Rice, it could happen for Zach!

Yeah, Peyton Manning and Jerry Rice are totally the norm, LOL. Funnier part is how underwhelming Manning was in the postseason as a whole. 

Why would you expect a guy whose shown to be poor at something, with a decent enough sample size, to magically just flip a switch? Because some HOFers did it? See it to believe it. Jimmy has shown no indication that he’s going to be a valuable asset in the postseason, and has in fact shown to be a poor overall postseason performer to this point. Maybe that changes, but those are the facts as of now.

He’ll play decent football in the regular season but then will show that he’s just a game manager when the competition gets stiffer in the playoffs, as he’s done multiple times. Again, not a hard concept.

Lunacy is putting Jimmy Garroppolo in the same sentence as Jerry Rice and Peyton Manning, lol.

Looking forward to him re-signing long term with the 49ers!

If Jimmy was on the Jets there’s a good chance they are leading the conference right now. Yeah at the the very end you’ll need the rest of your team to take over in a big moment if a playoff game gets tight late. Every QB gets that help at some point if they want to win. That’s still Jimmy getting them further than most QB’s are capable. 

Wilson isn’t near that, and the Jets can win now. Tbh if I’m the 49’ers I get over the picks I lost on Lance and realize he’s a massive gamble while you have an open window

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Oh no, don’t get it twisted (again). You made it clear quite early that simple things go over your head. 

Jimmy in his 10th season flipping a switch because, almost 40 years ago, HOFer all-time great Jerry Rice did it after three years - nah, that part’s still…embarrassingly out there. 

How much guaranteed do you think SF gives to Jimmy this offseason? I’d cap it at $120M.

Damn and I thought you were doing so well. Alright, back to the lab you go. I have confidence you'll get there on your own at some point. Heaven can wait. 

As for Jimmy this offseason, I don't know what the 49ers will do. Lynch and Shanahan have handled the QB situation about as badly as anyone in their position could have. Nothing would surprise me. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

If Jimmy was on the Jets there’s a good chance they are leading the conference right now. Yeah at the the very end you’ll need the rest of your team to take over in a big moment if a playoff game gets tight late. Every QB gets that help at some point if they want to win. That’s still Jimmy getting them further than most QB’s are capable. 

Wilson isn’t near that, and the Jets can win now. Tbh if I’m the 49’ers I get over the picks I lost on Lance and realize he’s a massive gamble while you have an open window

Funny-1061.gif

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

If Jimmy was on the Jets there’s a good chance they are leading the conference right now.

On 11/22/2022 at 1:57 AM, Yin-Yang said:

so if he’s willing to take a competitive role, the Jets are as good a team as any. 

22 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

If everyone involved is cool with that, then as I said, it’s a great fit.

14 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Listen, I think NYJ should get someone like Jimmy (or Carr if possible). I think Jimmy should want to go to NY. 

There is plenty of easy targets for the weapons the Jets have that Zack just couldn't hit.  I was sure his accuracy would translate since it was so good in college but even the easy stuff he's incapable of completing which is shocking to me.  Pretty sure White isn't the answer but I think he can hit the easy short yardage stuff at least.  

It's almost like a case of the yips because it's that unexplainable how an NFL QB can't hit an open WR within 5 yards of the LOS. 

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Fat Walrus,  you've gone to far. Might be close though?

Their stats are almost identical.

18 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Maybe it's just me but this is an overreaction. 

Benching a QB who is clearly not a NFL-caliber player when your team is winning games in spite of him and he's losing the locker room is an overreaction? I don't believe so. If the Jets want to continue to win games, Wilson cannot be playing. That's simply the bottom line.