CB Talk

MOSteelers56

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, Scoundrel said:

Did he get hurt? I don’t see him returning after now holding the FBS record for pick sixes in a career. Now with 14 career interceptions for 390 yards 6 TDs and 18 PDs. He’s going to go cash in.

I was correct on Emmanuel Forbes

On 12/6/2022 at 8:48 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

What's the deal with the Bama CBs? Are they first rounders? Which is better?

Khyree Jackson had promise, but he fell out with the coaches and is transferring.  Kool-Aid is a true sophomore so cannot declare for the draft, he had a very solid year though I thought and should be in the running for top CB in 2024.  Eli Ricks, who knows, he was benched for Arnold apparently more than once this year, I thought it was injury related but apparently that was only at the start of the year, other times Arnold took his place because Ricks was not picking up the scheme or something, at least that is what was said on the broadcast.  I have been disappointed in Battle as well considering, a little bit in Branch also, Branch is more a slot/safety Battle more a true safety but did not make a ton of plays this year at all.  Super disappointing in both considering the experience both had, they should have performed much better.

Super disappointed in Eli Ricks probably more than any, he should not declare and should return to school and improve greatly.  I thought he was easily the best CB in the nation coming into the season considering the talent he showed but maybe that injury took a lot out of him, because that is not anywhere close to being the case, he did not have a good year at all.  The dude had only 7 total tackles on the year and 4 passes deflected and clearly zero INTs.  Maybe those pick-6's as a true freshman were just luck or something while he was on LSU...

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Thoughts on Devon Witherspoon?

I watched him pretty close when they played Michigan a few weeks ago and just from his body language he seemed to have that alpha dog in him. He played good, too. Admittedly, Michigan doesn't have tremendous WR talent so maybe that's not the very best example, but he played well against the run too and seemed tough.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I watched him pretty close when they played Michigan a few weeks ago and just from his body language he seemed to have that alpha dog in him. He played good, too. Admittedly, Michigan doesn't have tremendous WR talent so maybe that's not the very best example, but he played well against the run too and seemed tough.

I agree, he does have some great body language and is a super confident player.  Very active, agile and has good ball reaction time, really broke out this season and is one of the better corners in the up coming draft.  I really like Martin on that Illinois defense as well, he could play CB or S and is a great tackler.  

Speaking of Michigan, Will Johnson is a potential super star corner, his quickness to the ball and closing speed is absolutely elite and his size is outstanding.  Dude should be a potential 1st round pick in 2025.  

• Like 2