HoF Semifinalists Announced

bucsfan333

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Isaac Bruce wasn't even the best WR on his team. He can wait.

I'm guessing you're talking about when Holt was around. Bruce was a great wide receiver before Holt was drafted. When the Rams were awful, he was the lone bright spot. The numbers he put up in 1995 with the likes of Chris Miller and Mark Rypien throwing him the ball were ridiculous. Bruce played a lot better in his 30s than Torry did.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I'm guessing you're talking about when Holt was around. Bruce was a great wide receiver before Holt was drafted. When the Rams were awful, he was the lone bright spot. The numbers he put up in 1995 with the likes of Chris Miller and Mark Rypien throwing him the ball were ridiculous. 

Yes I was. But Holt outperformed Bruce each year they were both there. 2nd fiddle isn't a good knock for him.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yes I was. But Holt outperformed Bruce each year they were both there. 2nd fiddle isn't a good knock for him.

Well, Bruce had better numbers the first year they were together. Also he had more touchdowns in a couple of years they were there together. Torry was definitely getting more targets. I think both were neck and neck though when I watched them play. Two great receivers. Both HOF worthy. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Well, Bruce had better numbers the first year they were together. Also he had more touchdowns in a couple of years they were there together. Torry was definitely getting more targets. I think both were neck and neck though when I watched them play. Two great receivers. Both HOF worthy. 

Sure. But I don't think you can make a realistic argument that Bruce should be in BEFORE Holt. Holt was a rookie that first year. 

2 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

How is Dawkins not a lock this year?

Obviously, I think that he should be in, but I think "lock" for this year would be difficult to do. This is a bit of a stacked class at the top. He's got a good shot - especially since one of the two guys who are locks (Moss, TO) are not both going in this year, in my opinion, but I hesitate to say lock.  

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know that traditionally some great WRs have had to wait, but Randy Moss certain make it in on his first chance, right?  At least he should.

Some doubt now with how TO was handled. People didn't like TO for his career, and until the end people didn't like Moss.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know that traditionally some great WRs have had to wait, but Randy Moss certain make it in on his first chance, right?  At least he should.

I could definitely not see him getting in on the first ballot, especially since they are making TO wait. The two have eerily comparable careers and suffer from similar personality issues that voters won't like. It's hard to justify making TO sit and wait, but give it to Moss on the first ballot. Yes, I think the latter was a more talented player, but what they did on the field was extremely similar. I think he should definitely be a first ballot lock, but voters hate wide receivers, and they really seem to loathe diva type wide receivers. 

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Moss gets bypassed this year. 

Archived