2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

hooker is so mid. i don't see anything but career backup from him but it feels like the entire titans/vols overlap of twitter has the orange glasses on lol. i dunno, just don't see it at all. really average physically and is coming from an offense where he won't have an easy transition to the nfl. he feels in the same tier as sam howell or matt corrall as a prospect to me, but with better size.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

hooker is so mid. i don't see anything but career backup from him but it feels like the entire titans/vols overlap of twitter has the orange glasses on lol. i dunno, just don't see it at all. really average physically and is coming from an offense where he won't have an easy transition to the nfl. he feels in the same tier as sam howell or matt corrall as a prospect to me, but with better size.

Well just FYI I'm not a vols fan. 

I'm just looking at mental makeup combined with skills. He seems to be more up there than Levis and Richardson.  

If he came out sooner (in theory and wasn't older)and didn't have the injury he is no different than Young or Stroud. Both have issues. 

I went and looked at him at Virginia when he wasn't in a gimmick offense, he still displayed skills throwing the ball. 

I look at him still having to make reads and throws. 

Like I've said before I'm on the Herbert scale of evaluation. People didn't like his offense. But thought he had the abilities and mental makeup. 

I go all over the place. But I'd rather take a chance on a average physical talent and a strong great mental guy than top athlete. 

Just how I see it this week lol. Next week I might feel totally different. Lol 

40 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Hooker should show more mental makeup than Richardson. He's 4 years older than him.

He’s older than Justin Herbert, Jalen Hurts and is only a year younger than Lamar Jackson. If we’re talking about keeping Tannehill another year and redshirting a rookie QB, give me the 21 year old with immense potential over the 25 year old rookie.

Either get your QB in the first (trade up if need be) or don’t take one at all. That’s how I feel at this point.

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

He’s older than Justin Herbert, Jalen Hurts and is only a year younger than Lamar Jackson. If we’re talking about keeping Tannehill another year and redshirting a rookie QB, give me the 21 year old with immense potential over the 25 year old rookie.

Either get your QB in the first (trade up if need be) or don’t take one at all. That’s how I feel at this point.

Yeah, not a fan of Hooker because of that. If he falls, then sure. Give it a shot.

I think teams should draft a QB every year until they know they have their guy. Not early or anything, but take a flyer each year until you get a hit.

I'd take an older QB over an older TE or Wr. 

I've said it a couple times but the COVID years and then that transfer portal is gonna give us some older players in the draft for the next couple years if not more. .

If he okays 10 more years he still will be only 36, which isn't terribly old for QBs. 

I personally don't care if he is older than any of those QBs. 

Can you play or not. 

If Caleb Williams stayed 4 years he'd be 24. And if he had a COVID year he'd be 25 his rookie year. Talent aside. 

Just factors to consider. 

Id be more hesitant based on talent than age. Age isn't in the discussion for me. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'll just add that these qbs were a few months under 24 when drafted.

Burrow Wentz Carson Palmer. Eli Manning. 

Tannehill was 24. Chad Pennington. Also 24. 

We not taking Brandon Wedden who was, 28. 

And they were all much better prospects than Hooker. It's easier to overlook age when they have all the attributes and skills you look for. Those first 4 all went #1 or #2 for a reason.

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

And they were all much better prospects than Hooker. It's easier to overlook age when they have all the attributes and skills you look for. Those first 4 all went #1 or #2 for a reason.

I'm not debating the talent, I get he isn't an #1 prospect.  When we talking about age, I just didn't think it was something to hold against him to the point of making him undraftable

I'm just pointing out that the age isn't stopping me from liking someone. 

I have my doubts about his talent. And that's why he isn't getting drafted #1 overall or in the first.

It was stated that age was the main reason for not liking him and just pointing out some other older QBs.