2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

33 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Also keep in mind the importance of a line. 
When Mahomes didn't have that line against Tampa Bay he looked horrible. 
I think the better point would be made to say what those lines looked like the last few champs. 

As much as Mahomes will eliminate or make up for bad line play, still need a better line. 
I hate saying that because I'm all about finding that QB lol 

I keep harping on finding the right QB but you’re absolutely right.  OL play is big factor too. You mentioned the Chiefs but on the flip side look at the Bucs last season compared to their SB year. The OL play dropped off tremendously compared to 2020, which had a huge effect on Brady.

It’s why using this season to shore up our OL and offensive system and next offseason to find our QB of the future is probably the right path to take.

• Like 1

Thinking more about Tannehill, I read somewhere that Arthur said on the podcast that Tannehill is a guy that will follow the play as designed. If it's supposed to go right, he will go right. Opposed to seeing a mismatch or having a player that is hot and feed him. 
He said Hurts and him would look at each other and be like I'm going to you, You cooking your guy. 

While Tannehill will throw it into coverage to NWI and get picked off (my words not his). 

I heard a good quote, "Is Tannehill the problem, no.  But is he the answer? No."

I hate the idea of restructuring his deal to lower the number this year and then have to stay with him another 2 years or so, and miss out on a QB now or next year. 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Thinking more about Tannehill, I read somewhere that Arthur said on the podcast that Tannehill is a guy that will follow the play as designed. If it's supposed to go right, he will go right. Opposed to seeing a mismatch or having a player that is hot and feed him. 
He said Hurts and him would look at each other and be like I'm going to you, You cooking your guy. 

While Tannehill will throw it into coverage to NWI and get picked off (my words not his). 

I heard a good quote, "Is Tannehill the problem, no.  But is he the answer? No."

I hate the idea of restructuring his deal to lower the number this year and then have to stay with him another 2 years or so, and miss out on a QB now or next year. 

He's already getting paid 9 million in the 2024 void year anyway.  And Titans have a crap ton of space, so why not restructure?  It allows them to sign players, which they really need to do.  And unless they cut someone like Ben Jones or trade someone like Henry or Byard, it's something they really need to do if they want to be able to go out and sign anyone.

I'll trade the minor extra cap hit in 2024 in order to actually be able to make moves this season when so much of the roster needs turnover.

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I kept saying this for years & I pointed out the evidence, he doesn’t read the field be late on throws miss wide open WR’s because he’s trying to force it to another  WR. That’s why I been saying he’s a game manager he plays within a offense vs the offense is his. In order to win with him you need a lot of pieces to hide his weaknesses. But of course I don’t know what I’m talking about 😮💨

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

He's already getting paid 9 million in the 2024 void year anyway.  And Titans have a crap ton of space, so why not restructure?  It allows them to sign players, which they really need to do.  And unless they cut someone like Ben Jones or trade someone like Henry or Byard, it's something they really need to do if they want to be able to go out and sign anyone.

I'll trade the minor extra cap hit in 2024 in order to actually be able to make moves this season when so much of the roster needs turnover.

Well I'll trust any cap magic they do. I just don't want them to be stuck with him or feel obligated to stay with him. 
Let's say he has a great season like 2019, but we are another early exit or don't make playoffs. "Tannehill isn't the problem, lets build around him." 
Then we hold onto an extra season. 

With him, I want to move on a year to early instead of too late. 

Likely should have gotten rid of Marcus after 2018.  
Then drafted someone in 2019 or 2020, wasn't in position to do it, and some of those guys ended up bust anyway, but could have traded the farm to go get Herbert or had Jordan Love behind Tannehill.  

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Why restructure when you can just cut ties we steady paying rent on a over price that in return leaves us with no equity. The sooner we move on from him the better because all we’re doing is wasting the prime of Henry. Running him into the ground then we’ll be left with a declining RB & a QB who isn’t the guy. Get a QB now so that we can transition into a new era of titan football 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Why restructure when you can just cut ties we steady paying rent on a over price that in return leaves us with no equity. The sooner we move on from him the better because all we’re doing is wasting the prime of Henry. Running him into the ground then we’ll be left with a declining RB & a QB who isn’t the guy. Get a QB now so that we can transition into a new era of titan football 

Oh I think we've already wasted the kings PRIME! He's slowing down.. Like hear me out. He had ONE run that he didnt get caught from behind last year? And I don't think it was over 40 yards idk off top I just remember him not being able to get home on the home run runs you know and yes he can still probs rush for 2k next year if the line is built right but THE PRIME king was wasted. But hell you take 15% out the king thats more than enough to be a great RB.

Maybe saying we wasted his peak not his prime would be a better way for me to put it. Idk we wasted something for sure tho

3 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Oh I think we've already wasted the kings PRIME! He's slowing down.. Like hear me out. He had ONE run that he didnt get caught from behind last year? And I don't think it was over 40 yards idk off top I just remember him not being able to get home on the home run runs you know and yes he can still probs rush for 2k next year if the line is built right but THE PRIME king was wasted. But hell you take 15% out the king thats more than enough to be a great RB.

Maybe saying we wasted his peak not his prime would be a better way for me to put it. Idk we wasted something for sure tho

I don’t think he’s slowing down at all, understand this Henry is a long strider he has to get a chance to hit that 2nd gear, the OL was terrible this yr getting to the 2nd level, therefore Henry could hit the hole but he couldn’t hit that 2nd gear because he didn’t often have room to, Roger Saffold Lewan move people in the run the game. He still has it my opinion 

I'm certainly being a bit of a prisoner of the moment here, and I know that next year's class is always "the class", but with both HOU/Indy needing QBs and ahead of us in draft order...it just feels like we really, really, really risk falling far behind in the AFCS arms race.

I keep going back and forth in my own head about what I "think" we should do...not that I have a vote...but it just seems like a super super sensitive time where we're either going to KEEP UP w/ the division or start falling behind.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm certainly being a bit of a prisoner of the moment here, and I know that next year's class is always "the class", but with both HOU/Indy needing QBs and ahead of us in draft order...it just feels like we really, really, really risk falling far behind in the AFCS arms race.

I keep going back and forth in my own head about what I "think" we should do...not that I have a vote...but it just seems like a super super sensitive time where we're either going to KEEP UP w/ the division or start falling behind.

I'm on the fence about trying to get a QB now and build with whoever that is vs. just rolling with Tannehill because he likely is the best path to victory this season. 

Odds say that only 1 of the "four" QBs will be good to solid. I try not to worry about what other teams are doing because it's always what are we going to do. "They should fear us" mentality. 

I think we are more on the "injured" 49ers path, where they had a down year and rebounded to the top the next vs. this being the end of the line and back to the cellar we go. 

Just would be nice or exciting to have a fresh new QB to lead that charge. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm on the fence about trying to get a QB now and build with whoever that is vs. just rolling with Tannehill because he likely is the best path to victory this season. 

Odds say that only 1 of the "four" QBs will be good to solid. I try not to worry about what other teams are doing because it's always what are we going to do. "They should fear us" mentality. 

I think we are more on the "injured" 49ers path, where they had a down year and rebounded to the top the next vs. this being the end of the line and back to the cellar we go. 

Just would be nice or exciting to have a fresh new QB to lead that charge. 

Just doesn't feel like its gonna be that NEW QB year to me. Tanny can be the QB in the AFCCG. Ive seen it. IF we rebuild the line.. EVERYTHING gets better. The WRs have more time to run their routes. The KING can still have a 2K season if the holes are there. And Tanny stays healthy which isnt talked about when we lost our spot in the playoffs. Like if Tanny is in there we make the playoffs ez. Do we win a game? Meh doubtful but if the jags did we could've haha

I think you are right with the injured 49ers path. Sounds about right

7 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Just doesn't feel like its gonna be that NEW QB year to me. Tanny can be the QB in the AFCCG. Ive seen it. IF we rebuild the line.. EVERYTHING gets better. The WRs have more time to run their routes. The KING can still have a 2K season if the holes are there. And Tanny stays healthy which isnt talked about when we lost our spot in the playoffs. Like if Tanny is in there we make the playoffs ez. Do we win a game? Meh doubtful but if the jags did we could've haha

I think you are right with the injured 49ers path. Sounds about right

You wishing on a star at Tammy’s best he still couldn’t get us over the hump that’s with the OL at its best the skill position too. He shrinks big games & his weaknesses shows. Rather get a new QB on a rookie deal we’re not going to be contenders next yr