2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

Honestly Ive seen with my own eyes with a healthy team with a real OC this team make it to the AFC championship and beat the crap out of KC many times... Damn near beat them with Malik at QB lol

So I will have to say for one more year.. Run it back with Tanny. Cut his cap hit. Rebuild the oline. Build a nice WR room with some SPEED around Burks! Hope Chig takes a huge step. Annnnnd sign or trade for a pass rusher to put on the other side of Landry and see what happens in a weak AFC south tho Im worried about the texans lowkey and the jags are solid but damn it they WEAK lol 

Probs the last year we lean on the king hell we might let him walk after this year or if we really crazy trade him to the bears and get the 1st pick haha idk

At least at that point tho with a rebuilt Oline a super talented WR room and a crazy good defense we have a team ready to go for a rookie QB in 2024 so

Interesting time for sure with a new GM. Just would've never guessed after blasting every good team and getting the 1 seed we would be here haha

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Honestly Ive seen with my own eyes with a healthy team with a real OC this team make it to the AFC championship and beat the crap out of KC many times... Damn near beat them with Malik at QB lol

So I will have to say for one more year.. Run it back with Tanny. Cut his cap hit. Rebuild the oline. Build a nice WR room with some SPEED around Burks! Hope Chig takes a huge step. Annnnnd sign or trade for a pass rusher to put on the other side of Landry and see what happens in a weak AFC south tho Im worried about the texans lowkey and the jags are solid but damn it they WEAK lol 

Probs the last year we lean on the king hell we might let him walk after this year or if we really crazy trade him to the bears and get the 1st pick haha idk

At least at that point tho with a rebuilt Oline a super talented WR room and a crazy good defense we have a team ready to go for a rookie QB in 2024 so

Yeah, just:

1. Rebuild the OL

2. Get a super talented WR room

3. Sign or trade for a pass-rusher

4. Trade Derrick Henry for the #1 pick

5. Profit

• Like 1

I do think having an efficient run game is still important in today’s game. And you can still be a successful team being a run oriented team, as proven by us from 2019-21, the Niners, the Ravens and the Eagles. The problem is when you lack the balance and creativity in the pass game to go along with that run game(Ravens and us). Not having those outside playmakers also hampers your offense (again us this year and the Ravens).

At the end of the day though, what it comes down to like always is having a great/elite QB. 

34 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I certainly get his point but also look at the QBs of those Super Bowl winners.

22-Mahomes

21-Stafford

20-Brady

19-Mahomes

18-MVP level Wentz/Foles

I just keep coming back to the point that it’s all about the QB.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, just:

1. Rebuild the OL

2. Get a super talented WR room

3. Sign or trade for a pass-rusher

4. Trade Derrick Henry for the #1 pick

5. Profit

WR is already off to a good start. Add 1 of a number of these young fast guys coming out and I dare say we'd have a damn good core to a room. Also we are rebuilding the oline lol and those things paired with a healthy defense means we can compete with anyone LOL

The henry thing was more of a joke lowkey

Idk I think we can be ok this year.. But I just feel like we can build something crazy for the next 5 years cause last years class was pretty damn good lol and kill this offseason and we can just dump tanny next year. Boom. Rookie QB walking into a full built SQUAD ready to win not like most young QBs

We gotta be smart this offseason with FA. Can't go into next year hoping a group of rookies and 2nd year players are gonna carry us. Need some vets for depth at the very least in the DB and WR room

29 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I certainly get his point but also look at the QBs of those Super Bowl winners.

22-Mahomes

21-Stafford

20-Brady

19-Mahomes

18-MVP level Wentz/Foles

I just keep coming back to the point that it’s all about the QB.

Also keep in mind the importance of a line. 
When Mahomes didn't have that line against Tampa Bay he looked horrible. 
I think the better point would be made to say what those lines looked like the last few champs. 

As much as Mahomes will eliminate or make up for bad line play, still need a better line. 
I hate saying that because I'm all about finding that QB lol 

• Like 1