2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

Out of all the Titans to leave in recent years, King Henry leaving would be the toughest. I would get it but man, it’d suck. In an ideal world he’d transition into late career Jerome Bettis and we’d find our equivalent of “Fast” Willie Parker. Or a MJD to his Fred Taylor.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Out of all the Titans to leave in recent years, King Henry leaving would be the toughest. I would get it but man, it’d suck. In an ideal world he’d transition into late career Jerome Bettis and we’d find our equivalent of “Fast” Willie Parker. Or a MJD to his Fred Taylor.

I think that is why I wouldn't doubt if we took a RB this year or maybe lean more into Haskins and a carrier. 

With the cap space we will have next year, I just feel we have to treat this year as a reset. Money wise and team structure, I just don't think this is the greatest situation to introduce a rookie qb to, and all of these qbs has flaws. I don't know if I love giving up assets to move up, especially if it's heavy assets. We need as many assets as we can get, we are struggling with depth.

We have seen how bad situations can sour young qbs and how great situations can significantly help young qbs. It is going to be hard to repair this o line on this year alone. This free agency line group is pretty terrible.

I really think the best situation is to either trade or let Tannehill go. Sign a Darnold, Brisset, or Dalton. Have em compete with Malik. If Malik shows us something great. But most likely looking like a 4-6 win team. Because honestly that is what this team is looking like.

The organization can look at this year as a reset and Vrabel has built enough here that he can have a reset down year. 

Really feels like where we are headed. Not a blow it up rebuild, but a soft transition year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Farley or Fulton and a 2nd+ for Ramsey? Too much? Too little? He makes no difference on this team so why bother? Where do you stand?

I think that's where I stand. I wouldn't hate it, but we have so many issues that paying a CB approaching 30 that much money seems like a waste.

Despite all the continued reckless media speculation to fill the dead air from the Nashville media that's trying to prepare the titans fans for a rebuild, I say hold your horses.. this team is closer to getting back to the playoffs than we are    being a     bottom feeder... every year the media tries to retire Ben Jones and find  a way to move on from derrick.. It's pathetic.

the titans aren't moving off tannehill or Henry.. they are still in a competing window.. this team needs to fix the line and get another pass weapon.. despite what's being told, that is not hard to do.. we have a playoff caliber defense.. we don't have to shut the whole thing down and start over. every off season, some fans get enamored with the idea of cutting players to have more money to join the excitement of FA... just to then complain about how bad the team is during the season( see the titans fans that were "cool" with trading aj but then complained about how bad the receiving corps was... 

lastly, anybody that wants to cut Dupree but sign David long is foolish.. why would they cut one player who makes a lot of money but has missed games, but then turn around and give money to a guy, who over that same time span, has missed the same amount of games as Dupree? make that make sense.. if they are gonna move on from Dupree, then that same process would mean that wouldn't resign Long either...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

Despite all the continued reckless media speculation to fill the dead air from the Nashville media that's trying to prepare the titans fans for a rebuild, I say hold your horses.. this team is closer to getting back to the playoffs than we are    being a     bottom feeder... every year the media tries to retire Ben Jones and find  a way to move on from derrick.. It's pathetic.

the titans aren't moving off tannehill or Henry.. they are still in a competing window.. this team needs to fix the line and get another pass weapon.. despite what's being told, that is not hard to do.. we have a playoff caliber defense.. we don't have to shut the whole thing down and start over. every off season, some fans get enamored with the idea of cutting players to have more money to join the excitement of FA... just to then complain about how bad the team is during the season( see the titans fans that were "cool" with trading aj but then complained about how bad the receiving corps was... 

lastly, anybody that wants to cut Dupree but sign David long is foolish.. why would they cut one player who makes a lot of money but has missed games, but then turn around and give money to a guy, who over that same time span, has missed the same amount of games as Dupree? make that make sense.. if they are gonna move on from Dupree, then that same process would mean that wouldn't resign Long either...

Because Dupree costs a lot more than Long will. It's pretty simple.

• Like 1