2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

It is funny to see the talking heads say the Titans are tanking because we released some "names" that didn't add anything to our team last year. 

See that thing is this.  If we released Byard, Simmons,Henry and Tannehill then yes we are tanking. Because those were contributors last year. 

The players we released had little to no bearing on our team last year and we still were a game away from division and playoffs. Yeah division is down but fact remains. 

So I also believe we are closer to playoffs than we are to Top 3 pick. Make a couple additions on the line and pray our injury bug is gone and we are back to a team to be worried about. 

2020 Niners were hit hard with injuries and finished 6-10. 

Came back next year lost by 3 in the conference championship. 

We have a formula that can win us games. Hopefully we perfect the formula more with new OC and GM. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

😮💨😩 and Paying a game manger 36 mill to only be good enough to compete for tan AFC south banner but not good enough for a SB is waste of money. 

bruh you do realize that 36 million For an above average, playoff starting, division winning QB is a BARGAIN right now? Daniel jones is demanding 45 million per.. Jalen hurts and Lamar are about to get  50 million annually.. Kirk cousins and dak both make more than 40 million annually.... Deshaun Watson is making roughly 50 per...  we are lucky to have him at that rate when you compare his number to others with his credentials across the league...... like what would you prefer the alternative be? go back to how things were with Marcus?!

2 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

don't look at the price. its the principle behind it... why give money (no matter the cost) to an oft injured player.. for what?  so in 2025 we can talk about cutting him so we can free up money?

It's impossible to ignore the price. It's the salary cap.

You brought up Dupree. All you had to do was say let's not overpay Long since he's had injury issues. Dupree costs a lot more, so comparing the two isn't apples to apples.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It is funny to see the talking heads say the Titans are tanking because we released some "names" that didn't add anything to our team last year. 

See that thing is this.  If we released Byard, Simmons,Henry and Tannehill then yes we are tanking. Because those were contributors last year. 

The players we released had little to no bearing on our team last year and we still were a game away from division and playoffs. Yeah division is down but fact remains. 

So I also believe we are closer to playoffs than we are to Top 3 pick. Make a couple additions on the line and pray our injury bug is gone and we are back to a team to be worried about. 

2020 Niners were hit hard with injuries and finished 6-10. 

Came back next year lost by 3 in the conference championship. 

We have a formula that can win us games. Hopefully we perfect the formula more with new OC and GM. 

well said. not saying it will happen, but you could wait for Jonnu and Corey Davis to be cut (which they likely will be) and resign those guys to the team, and fix your whole at TE and WR2... if not them, players similar to them.. bring back brewer at LG... risign Nate or a comparable player at RG.. sign a low cost vet to be your LT and draft a prospect for him to compete with and boom.. you're back rocking and rolling on the offensive side of the ball.  

its like folks forget we were a  7-3 before the losing streak. we played the bengals, chargers, cowboys, texans, and jags all tough at the end of the year(mostly one score games), with the worst LT in football, a horrible play calling OC, and the worst receiving corps in football..... and still were 2:52 from winning the division.... with a 3rd string qb..

Edited by Airness McNairness

30 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

bruh you do realize that 36 million For an above average, playoff starting, division winning QB is a BARGAIN right now? Daniel jones is demanding 45 million per.. Jalen hurts and Lamar are about to get  50 million annually.. Kirk cousins and dak both make more than 40 million annually.... Deshaun Watson is making roughly 50 per...  we are lucky to have him at that rate when you compare his number to others with his credentials across the league...... like what would you prefer the alternative be? go back to how things were with Marcus?!

You still not getting it it ain’t about the principle it’s always about the price 36 mill is a bargain for a team not over the cap. We’re not in a good spot cap wise & we still won’t be a title contender with RT we have far too many holes have to be addressed & that cost money & draft compensation. Best to reset & try to get us a QB in the draft 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

well said. not saying it will happen, but you could wait for Jonnu and Corey Davis to be cut (which they likely will be) and resign those guys to the team, and fix your whole at TE and WR2... if not them, players similar to them.. bring back brewer at LG... risign Nate or a comparable player at RG.. sign a low cost vet to be your LT and draft a prospect for him to compete with and boom.. you're back rocking and rolling on the offensive side of the ball.

Yup, it's just that easy.

I don’t want to keep harping on it but this year should be the “reset” year. I was already in that mindset but listening to The Athletic Football podcast on us made me fully on board that train of thought.

You guys are right that this team isn’t that far away but we have to play our cards right.  We do things right this offseason, we could go into 2024 in real good shape. We’d have a bunch of cap, a decent supporting cast, Jeffery Simmons extended and a path to draft our QB of the future. 

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I don’t want to keep harping on it but this year should be the “reset” year. I was already in that mindset but listening to The Athletic Football podcast on us made me fully on board that train of thought.

You guys are right that this team isn’t that far away but we have to play our cards right.  We do things right this offseason, we could go into 2024 in real good shape. We’d have a bunch of cap, a decent supporting cast, Jeffery Simmons extended and a path to draft our QB of the future. 

Retool. Reset. Rebuild. Refocus. 

When I think of reset I see getting rid of every player of importance or value. Why bring back Jeff. Why keep Byard. Cut Tannehill. Cut Henry. Sign players to one year deals, get draft picks. 

Rebuild: kind of the same. Except trade anything of value and load up with rookies and draft picks. 

I think we are in a retool/refocus. Every team has needs. Multiple needs. "We have so many holes." Yes we need to fill some areas, but name me a team with a certified dude at every position then I'll show you a dream lol 

We need to focus on the offensive line and wide receiver. 

We could benefit at finding some depth in the draft at edg. MLB and corner. But we have guys there or can find fa guys there to do serviceable jobs given who we already have in place. 

I think we run it back with Ryan. It's gonna be hard to be in position to get a QB next year. We will have to mortgage our future for at least 3 future drafts. 

And then have to hope a rookie QB can step in and not be a rookie. 

Sorry for the long response and it's not really aimed at you. But just wanted to talk about the retool, reset, rebuild angle. 👍🏾

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You still not getting it it ain’t about the principle it’s always about the price 36 mill is a bargain for a team not over the cap. We’re not in a good spot cap wise & we still won’t be a title contender with RT we have far too many holes have to be addressed & that cost money & draft compensation. Best to reset & try to get us a QB in the draft 

bruh what?! how can you say we wont be a title contender with RT but we already have been? made a conference title game with him at qb? CHECK!.  Earned a number 1 seed with him as qb? CHECK.. not saying he's the best, but this notion that we can't win with him is ludicrous.. you know how many teams. have had your mindset and end up terrible for a decade plus? Id rather have a qb, coach and team that I feel has shot to win every game they play, than to go through the reset years HOPING one of these draft qbs saves the day....look at the colts, and other teams around you that have tried this and see how that's worked for them..

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It's impossible to ignore the price. It's the salary cap.

You brought up Dupree. All you had to do was say let's not overpay Long since he's had injury issues. Dupree costs a lot more, so comparing the two isn't apples to apples.

its the principle of paying a player money that isn't available to you in games...the money is besides the point.. paying money to unavailable players is