1. 1. Who

2. 2. Best Christmas movie

• Die Hard
    • National Lampoons
    • Home Alone
    • Charlie Brown
    • White Christmas
    • Other
  3. 3. Is it OK to decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving?

14 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I think they light us up for 30 +.  The only chance we have is for Watson to get hot, and somehow we win a shootout!!!  That probably won't happen!

With all due respect, BPP - this (the Browns offense coming of age under Watson) will happen sooner rather than later. I am thinking (and hoping and praying) that this begins to show up Sunday.

My hope is rooted in the fact that Deshaun was a game changing QB prior to his "vacation". He has been doing football all his life, and he is still just 26 years old. I highly doubt he has forgotten how to play the game in his time away.

When I have heard a few of his interviews when he talks about breaking down plays and recognizing defenses presnap - it is clear that his processing speed for information is top shelf. I think the physical gifts he possesses begin to marry this week with the mental side of his game to show us what we all have been waiting for.

As I review the Texans game in my mind, I have to give props to Stefanski for adjusting on the fly. When it became apparent that Deshaun was not having the kind of day where he goes off for 400 yds - I think Stef purposely altered the play calls to suit what his QB1 was capable of that day to win the game. As I said in another forum, thank goodness his passes were missing low - because passes the miss high get tipped and picked. That would have led to a game that the Browns have typically lost in the past.

I am excited to witness the page turning to the next chapter of Browns football. We still have the weapons to control this game even without Deshaun. With him - that brings a whole lot of new ammunition to the fight.

Browns 31-27.

Edited by brooks1957

One other thing I am looking forward to - Tony Fields in the LB rotation.

NGL - losing Takitaki is HUGE. But I have seen Fields in spot duty, and I have really really like what I have seen. He plays the game with a speed and enthusiasm that is rare to see these days. Like a heat seeking missle. Most beneficial to the Browns, his tackling is very crisp.

That said - he is still a young player in the embryonic stages of his NFL career. I would not be shocked if teams used his speed and pursuit ability against him - where he gets caught overpursuing plays. He is young, he will develop and learn.

But I think his time has come to showcase his skills.

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

With all due respect, BPP - this (the Browns offense coming of age under Watson) will happen sooner rather than later. I am thinking (and hoping and praying) that this begins to show up Sunday.

My hope is rooted in the fact that Deshaun was a game changing QB prior to his "vacation". He has been doing football all his life, and he is still just 26 years old. I highly doubt he has forgotten how to play the game in his time away.

When I have heard a few of his interviews when he talks about breaking down plays and recognizing defenses presnap - it is clear that his processing speed for information is top shelf. I think the physical gifts he possesses begin to marry this week with the mental side of his game to show us what we all have been waiting for.

As I review the Texans game in my mind, I have to give props to Stefanski for adjusting on the fly. When it became apparent that Deshaun was not having the kind of day where he goes off for 400 yds - I think Stef purposely altered the play calls to suit what his QB1 was capable of that day to win the game. As I said in another forum, thank goodness his passes were missing low - because passes the miss high get tipped and picked. That would have led to a game that the Browns have typically lost in the past.

I am excited to witness the page turning to the next chapter of Browns football. We still have the weapons to control this game even without Deshaun. With him - that brings a whole lot of new ammunition to the fight.

Browns 31-27.

I'm not saying this isn't going to EVENTUALLY happen.  I would be surprised if it happens this quickly.  I don't believe that one week is enough to shake off the rust!  I agree that Stefanski did adjust his play-calling when it became apparent that Watson wasn't himself.  I just think this is going to be gradual, and not overnight!!!!

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:22 AM, big poppa pump said:

I'm not saying this isn't going to EVENTUALLY happen.  I would be surprised if it happens this quickly.  I don't believe that one week is enough to shake off the rust!  I agree that Stefanski did adjust his play-calling when it became apparent that Watson wasn't himself.  I just think this is going to be gradual, and not overnight!!!!

How much rust should there really be? He isn't coming off of an injury where he hasn't been able to throw a football. I'm sure physically he has been doing what he has always done and can still throw a football to a spot. He has been with the team long enough to know the playbook completely. He has practiced with this line and these receivers many many times.

It's really just getting acclimated to game speed again and that shouldn't take a veteran very long.He thinks he fixed his issue and I don't see why he won't be who he is going forward.