Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Again, I go back to the comment I made to PR.  Did Adams get the contract he actually wanted OR do you think there was gross negligence on behalf of the Packers' FO?

I'll use logic...

Adams signed a deal, with Las Vegas, that he said was for less money than what GB offered him at the end.  And I believe that was confirmed a few times over.

So I believe that the offers made back in his lame duck year were not as good as the final one.

Had GB been willing to do that deal for him, the timeframe matters.  Had they done it way back when Adams wanted it, he'd be a Packer.  With Rodgers and without probably Campbell, Tonyan and Douglas.  And without Quay Walker or Wyatt.  50/50 on Watson.

I believe that there was organizational negligence concerning Adams.  But not gross negligence.  

50 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Look at Davante Adams' contract and tell me he got what he wanted.  It's effectively a 3 year, $48M deal with a pair of $35M options on the back-end.  I don't believe for a SECOND that if Adams' agent offered that deal that the Packers would have turned that down.  That's a bargain for a player of Adams' caliber.  But that "$27M AAV" looks very fake.

EDIT: It's in the same vein as the Hopkins deal being a $27MM "AAV".  Clever cap manipulation doesn't paint an accurate picture.

Then why isn't he a Packer???

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

The key line is until Rodgers and the Packers have made up their mind. The Raiders can't do anything until March 15th when the new league year begins.

I would expect Rodgers to come to the Packers this week with his 'desires!' I would hope the Packers encourage him to go elsewhere and play. If they do, he's going to be a Raider because they have the 7th pick in the draft. 

I am starting to get the same feeling as last year. I assumed Rodgers was gone but then it just felt like he would stay and I am getting that same feeling this year. But the retirement possibility is higher in my mind maybe up to 10%. So I will say like 50% comes back, 44% is traded, 5% retire, 1% aliens attack.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why don't you all wait to see how this plays out before declaring them on the hot seat and sackless?

At this juncture, I'd be surprised by any outcome other than AR coming back. I cant see how this "hesitation" and/or "uncertainty" that AR has continually voiced about his future plays well with other organizations - hell - it doesnt play well with us

Other teams want to move on to a certain path or plan - and honestly, I think AR is purposefully jeopardizing potential trades / suitors with his equivocations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

At this juncture, I'd be surprised by any outcome other than AR coming back. I cant see how this "hesitation" and/or "uncertainty" that AR has continually voiced about his future plays well with other organizations - hell - it doesnt play well with us

Other teams want to move on to a certain path or plan - and honestly, I think AR is purposefully jeopardizing potential trades / suitors with his equivocations. 

The team needs to simply make it clear that this year Ol Rodg will need to follow Frenchy’s system and play within its parameters.  On top of that Cobb and anyone else who doesn’t fill a need that meets financial limits this year or isn’t part of the future plan will be gone. That would be the likes of not only Cobb but Lewis, Tonyan, Crosby etc.  Murph and Gute were utter fools to give the old man that bloated contract to begin with.  They need to take the team back and get it on the right track. This is the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Airheads.

Aaron Rodgers is  annoying at this point but to act like Adams left to get away from him is silly. Hell the guy saves 2 million a year playing in Nevada as opposed to Green Bay. I'm not a huge Vegas guy but it's 100 times more appealing than Green Bay. I'm sure bigger cities in Wisconsin are  better, I've only been to three games and flew to Green Bay each time. He's publicly trying to get him to Vegas but doesn't want to play with him. Brilliant minds in here.

• Like 1