Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Eisen...

5) Rivers called the 49ers and Dolphins, at the end of the year, to see if they were interested in his services.

4)  Bears are well down the road in trading the first overall pick.  Teams want to do that prior to free agency so they can build around their soon to be chosen QB.  And the Bears want a premium to trade it this early.

3)  Things between Llamar and the Baltimore Ravens are really, really bad.

2)  The Packers really, really hope that Rodgers does not tell them that he wants to stay and "run it back, again".

1)  The GOAT (Brady) may not be retired after all.....

These are Eisen rumors that he heard from "multiple, multiple" people while at the Combine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

glad you found that to be great.

I don't find romo and nantz great and would prefer drunk joe instead :D

I love a lot of the commentators for their personality.  Aikman is probably my least favorite.  Less personality.  Love how excited Romo gets...and he had that enormous gaffe at the end of last season during the Chiefs game.  Kind of an OMG moment.

Drunk Joe would be hilarious to listen to.

And oddly enough....I tried the Manning Simucast once and didn't like it.  Probably should stuck with that for the banter.  I probably missed out on some fun stuff.  But, since I am married, missing out on fun stuff is a pretty common occurence.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It would be so Rodgers to announce it there prior to informing the Packers of his intentions. 

No it wouldn't. And he didn't do that last year.

He probably has already let them know what he's thinking and they have probably already let them know their position.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Most everyone is reporting that the Packers do not want Aaron back.  If he says he wants to come back will the Packers man up and tell him they are done with him?  I mean, they should if that's how they feel.  Especially so if they think they have a young guy in Love that they think can become a solid qb.  I just have a hard time thinking an nfl franchise will just bite their lip and take back a guy that they don't want to be there.

Its true, but a few reports have said something like " they'd take him back if he's fully committed".

I just hope Gute/Murphy get value for Rodgers if hes traded and use leverage to get max trade value.  

My fear is they want out of the contract and will get fleeced in a deal just to get out from under it.

The Jets are desperate now that Carr is out.  Will we take advantage of that if he wants to go there???

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Eisen...

5) Rivers called the 49ers and Dolphins, at the end of the year, to see if they were interested in his services.

4)  Bears are well down the road in trading the first overall pick.  Teams want to do that prior to free agency so they can build around their soon to be chosen QB.  And the Bears want a premium to trade it this early.

3)  Things between Llamar and the Baltimore Ravens are really, really bad.

2)  The Packers really, really hope that Rodgers does not tell them that he wants to stay and "run it back, again".

1)  The GOAT (Brady) may not be retired after all.....

These are Eisen rumors that he heard from "multiple, multiple" people while at the Combine.

Still pronounced "yuh-marr"

• Like 2

It seems pretty obvious the "Rodgers fully committed to GB" ship sailed quite a while ago.  We are talking about a player who goes on weekly podcasts to openly discuss how difficult this decision has been for him.  That is the opposite of fully committed, and is not going to change regardless of how this drama plays out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

We should offer to eat it all.

Go into this coming season with no cap space at all to add anybody other than our rookie class and get New York’s 13th overall plus their first next year.

Yup. This is the way.

1 minute ago, R T said:

Most here are probably going to be very disappointed in the Rodgers trade value if he is indeed traded. 

Yep. A top 20 pick is the absolute best we’re getting.

A single top 20 pick.

If we eat some of his contract we could MAYBE get next year’s first, but…

The year to trade him was 2016. Then it was before this past season.