Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

interesting that Bahktiari contract has not been restructured by GB which leaves that door open 

The Bakhtiari contract was awesome for a week before it became one of the worst deals in Packer history. Then Gute doubled down on it. 

If we trade Rodgers to the Jets I hope we swing his buddy in there too for the rest of their draft.

“can't be overstated how much Rodgers willingnessto play elsewhere takes the Packers off the hook.”

Trying to save face in advance.  The old man is willing to play elsewhere because there was a paradigm shift for  him here.  The brass told him what was to change, starting with his team mates but not stopping there.  His lounging in the sun was over in GB.  Now if the Jets are dumb enough to give him the same power he had briefly here so be it.  I think there it will now be limited as well. Ol Rodg knows when to move on to the next cow, that’s for sure.  He might be surprised when that cow becomes a bull.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

interesting that Bahktiari contract has not been restructured by GB which leaves that door open 

They may not want to restructure Bakhtiari's contract unless they absolutely have to. If the Rodgers trade doesn't happen, they may not have to.

20 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

There were initial reports Jets brass was flying to GB… I haven’t seen anything about Rodgers in NY yet. You’d think he’d want to check out the setup. 

Looking like @incognito_mangonna get a post from me admitting he was right on this one. But also could be Rodgers doing his due diligence.

What was I right about?

(Too much to keep track of!)

37 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I think this depends of how much of the contract the Packers swallow. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the return is light regardless. It can't be overstated how much Rodgers willingness to play elsewhere takes the Packers off the hook.

Expecting fans to be upset with what the deal looks like on the Packers end. Perhaps even taking on some of the money without getting a 1st.

I wouldn't eat any more of the contract since we are already going to have a 40 million cap hit.  Also, salary cap wise the Jets are getting a bargain at 16 mil this year and 32 mil next year.  They can work with Aaron on redistributing that ridiculous option bonus.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's probably about even, but I think the Packers are asking for a couple firsts and the Jets are countering with a couple seconds.  It's probably going to land somewhere in between with the Packers getting a 1st, a 2nd, and something else.

A 1st, a 2nd and a NY minute :)

28 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

There were initial reports Jets brass was flying to GB… I haven’t seen anything about Rodgers in NY yet. You’d think he’d want to check out the setup. 

Looking like @incognito_mangonna get a post from me admitting he was right on this one. But also could be Rodgers doing his due diligence.

Dont despair yet.....AR has made an announcment.

He's decided to enter another four day dark period and promises to be closer to making a decision sometime after coming out..........again   :)

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont despair yet.....AR has made an announcment.

He's decided to enter another four day dark period and promises to be closer to making a decision sometime after coming out..........again   :)

He was let out of his cave too early.

33 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

The Bakhtiari contract was awesome for a week before it became one of the worst deals in Packer history. Then Gute doubled down on it. 

If we trade Rodgers to the Jets I hope we swing his buddy in there too for the rest of their draft.

Bakhs injury probably cost us another trophy. That was a brutal injury both in impact and timing. **** that sucked.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Rodgers has said and the Packers have said that contract is going to get reworked and it will be for the Jets too. The option bonus and the triggers in the subsquent years will be changed up. Rodgers will get his money in different ways

Reworking the deal won’t change the characteristics that I mention. Regardless of how they rework it or how they set the triggers, all the remaining future cap hits will accelerate to the current year once he is off the team in 2025. The only way to avoid the future hits is to bring the cap hits forward into 2023 or 2024 which would seem to be the opposite of what the NYJ want to do right now. The only way to avoid both the above scenarios would be for AR to agree to take less money overall. 

Just hope Gute sticks to his guns on any negotiations.  With FA coming up, a ticking clock turns the heat up on the Jets.  

We won't be players in FA, at least not serious players.  The Jets need a QB bad.  Wait'm out Gute.  

• Like 1