Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

True, I just don’t think GB’s front office will be spiteful. They feel like that just want to move on. As long as, in this instance, raiders don’t criminally low ball the Packers… I would think Rodgers drives this.

Like if all things are equal, this is on Rodgers.

Yep.

The ridiculous narrative that there's little interest in Rodgers shows how downcast  some Packer fans are.

Just now, Donzo said:

Yep. The ridiculous narrative that there's little interest in Rodgers shows how downcast  some Packer fans are.

Well....in truth there isnt.
Based on public reporting, I can count the number of interested teams.......with one finger.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You think Z Smith, P Smith, Amos, Turner, Campbell, Douglas were below average FA signing?

Campbell and Douglas were excellent scrapheap signings... The FAs were OK relative to their contracts. No bust, which is a good thing.

Gute's biggest problem has been his overall poor drafts with a few excellent picks. The silver lining there is it looks like he nailed last years draft. Also, it's still been TT's drafts (Rodgers, Adms, Bahk, Jones, Clark, etc.,) driving the recent success- not good.

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's a libertarian, but he's a chameleon dater and likes his hippie women.

Shees, what nonsense.

You've combined keyboard cowardice and message board sliminess into your rants- damn, that awful stuff.

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

When did the forum become this? It's literally a circle jerk of old dudes liking each other's posts about how much they hate Rodgers. I never said he wasn't bad at times last year. The team sucked as a whole and I'm sorry I don't blame that all on Aaron. 

Yep, this message board has morphed into a mostly sad group think getting their hate on.

I saw you mention Palmy. This board was amazing back in the day with incredible football talk.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yep.

The ridiculous narrative that there's little interest in Rodgers shows how downcast  some Packer fans are.

It's possible that there were interested parties a few weeks back, but only one received permission to speak with Aaron.  As far as I know no other team has tried to enter the mix.  Who do you think is interested .. outside of the Jets?

1 hour ago, DWhitehurst said:

I say jus on a matter of principle, the Packers should not allow themselves to get low-balled by the Jets. No doubt, what each may think is a low-ball offer is relative, may vary. But I'd rather they refuse a lowball offer and be stuck with Rodgers and all the drama from him sitting on the bench whilst Love starts, then to get low-balled by the Jets. I mean, we can also wait for a 'potential' better offer after June 5th, right? That may not happen, but simply getting lowballed out of desperation does not reflect well on the franchise. 

The idea of being low-balled is often individual perception. If Rodgers is traded the Packers will get fair value, yet some will view that fair value as a low-balled return. 

Mentioned this the other day, and I have a feeling this is exactly what happened. Rodgers thought this was another "I'll just wait a few weeks and then tell them I'm back" but it didn't fly this time around. Now Rodgers is coping with the realization that he won't finish his career in GB, something he probably never thought was possible after signing that new contract. 

39 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's possible that there were interested parties a few weeks back, but only one received permission to speak with Aaron.  As far as I know no other team has tried to enter the mix.  Who do you think is interested .. outside of the Jets?

I honestly think Rodgers got his choice of teams interested to negotiate with that the Packers were willing to trade to. Probably half the teams unsettled at QB would be interested. Rodgers wants a team that’s a QB short. Jets have the cap space and roster. Rodgers is getting kind of a Free Agent experience, which he’s pointed out previously—he’s never been a FA. And we know how much he loves his experiences.

Atlanta, Las Vegas, Houston, Tennessee, Washington, Carolina, Jets, San Fran, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, New Orleans. How would they NOT be interested? Dudes league MVP 2 of the last 3 years.