Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

MVS and Laz over 10m per, Adams obviously the best in the game. The narrative that we didn't have the WR's to win it all in 2020 and 2021 is dead as can be. 

We had enough. It was our OLine that fell apart at the worst time and of course a defensive break down in ‘20, ST in ‘21 that put a nail in that coffin. We weren’t elite in every phase but had enough to go all the way in those years. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You think Rodgers would willingly take a seat???  He would have imploded the team.  I have little doubt that him not sitting down was one of the reasons why GB is ready to move on.

Mega Deal.  Two to tango.  Yup.  And one paid the money.  While the other skipped OTA's for the first time and showed up to camp with legs that were not in NFL quarterback shape.  In my view, one lived up to their end of the bargain, the other did not.

At least that is my take.  Could be wrong.

Beats me, we have no idea what the brass said or was saying about him playing. They clearly let him play so i can only assume they were ok with it or willing to do it.

I don't get all bent out of shape about contracts as to be brutally honest it's free money. The NFL don't pay from pocket they get TV deals and dole out the money from there. I say let any player get whatever he can, if the team is ok paying they are ok paying. Suggesting there is a marker for living up is tough to quantify as it's like everything else on this site.....subjective. 

If AR is passive aggressive our FO must be second to him as they just willing went along with everything. Again my take too. Just playing devil's advocate as we really don't know. 

• Like 1

With Rodg gone this gives the head coach a chance to take his team back, to be a head coach.  Run his system, scream at who he or his staff wants to, and of course Gute free to sign who he wants to.  It was a great mistake to sign him to that last bloated contract and it has cost us greatly, but the recovery can now begin.

Edited by 15412
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

My hope and my inclination is that that magic chip is effectively gone. Everything went their way to get into the playoffs last year and he shrunk from the occasion. 

I think he may be able to restore that chip for a while at least in a different uniform.  The negative coverage he's been getting as part of this delayed trade with the Jets is exactly the kind of thing that seems to restore his mojo.  Heck, remember how great Favre looked his first year in MIN?  I have no doubt that AR still has some of that left in him.  I just don't think continuing to play in GB would bring it out.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Agreed. It does leave the packers in a tough position though. Not a lot of options in the draft, free agency is too expensive.

Only other option I thought of is to really go all in if Rodgers returns and send our 2024 1st off for an established WR.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh okay. Thanks. I'll assess the return when in fact it shows up. Till then, I'm not joining in the fantasy football-like projections about this guy or that coming our way. Sounds to me the most likely guy they'd like to move is Davis cause he's working on a short contract and often hurt. Who knows.....

Fair enough. Since we're in the offseason, I've switched from rational assessment to delusional optimism.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

We had enough. It was our OLine that fell apart at the worst time and of course a defensive break down in ‘20, ST in ‘21 that put a nail in that coffin. We weren’t elite in every phase but had enough to go all the way in those years. 

Totally, but most put that blame somewhere else. Dam shame there was a few games that just went that way. Arizona a couple times, we score and the D gives up points. I still find it funny that the only time AR won the big game was with a top 10 D. There was enough money to go around to add to the D, but we just never seemed to be able to do it to make it work. 

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

USATSI_19535776.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

USATSI_18895287-1024x683.jpg

I think Davis is a gimme, though it's hard to know if Moore could be got. It seems like it might be mutually beneficial to bring Davis over both as a veteran and for a change of scenery. He was very good in Tennessee but hasn't hit for NYJ. Moore just didn't want to play with Zach Wilson.

9 minutes ago, 15412 said:

With Rodg gone this gives the head coach a chance to take his team back, to be a head coach.  Run his system, scream at who he or his staff wants to, and of course Gute free to sign who he wants to.  It was a great mistake to sign him to that last bloated contract and it has cost us greatly, but the recovery can now begin.

As much as I like MLF and his offense the guy won't get rid of his D coordinator who stinks. I don't see MLF being some be all end all. I think he's a good coach, but he had a HOFer with a chip. Lets see what he does with a rook. He's got the same path MM navigated and navigated well. Let's hope for a repeat.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Lazard signing with the Jets has as much to do with Hackett as Rodgers, I think. They needed that role filled for his offense. 

Smart move for Lazard though either way. Gets a nice pay day, and if AR is there he's going to be familiar so he'll get some tosses his way. Hall is a heck of a back too, so Lazard in the run game will be good for them. 

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Lazard signing with the Jets has as much to do with Hackett as Rodgers, I think. They needed that role filled for his offense. 

Hmmmmm......so there's a small sliver of possibility that AR's not soon to become a Jet?

3 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I cannot imagine there is any way in the world the Jets sign Lazard to that deal if they do not have every expectation of having Rodgers at QB.

• Like 1