Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Were all. We were all.

Mr Anonymous still needs to own up to being wrong about Love being gone before Rodgers is, but he’s certainly shifted significantly recently, so he’s good in my book.

A couple of them here though 100% are only pretending to be Packer fans still. They will absolutely root for the Jets harder than for the Packers this year.

It'll be like '08-'10 all over again. Just desperately hoping the team will fail so they can be proven right about the HC/GM.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I already did. I My info from the team side was good, I was very obviously wrong on how Rodgers would play it. The info is all out there now. Any of you who knew the Packers were going to extend him with THAT contract at a time when everyone was saying he was leaving would have come to the same conclusion as I did. Especially knowing they weren't convinced about Love this time a year ago. 

Missed it. You are absolved.

Such an odd day to be a Packer fan.

I think every fan knew it was time to move on.  

And every fan should be a little sad that #12 won't be under center for us this year.  But just a little sad.

Every fan should be thankful of Rodgers career here AND thankful to the front office that has an heir replacement trained up to start.

Every fan should be excited to see what Love and this franchise can do moving forward.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Missed it. You are absolved.

It's all about hoping Jordan Love is who he showed in that Philly game now. Much like the game in Dallas convinced the team Rodgers was ready. Maybe history really can repeat itself. I do have hope that maybe letting QBs sit until they're ready truly is the way.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

It'll be like '08-'10 all over again. Just desperately hoping the team will fail so they can be proven right about the HC/GM.

I was definitely one of the latter ones to join the trade side, but I'm glad it's out there, and hopefully will be done soon. I will always be thankful for being able to watch 12 play, and I have no ill will towards him. It just felt like it was time. I really hope Love comes out balling because I don't want to live through that again. The fact Rodge and Favre already synched up so much is enough for me.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Someone needs to call Woody Johnson and ask him how long he wants this to be dragged out.  I'm sure he's itching to have his press conferences, parades and hit the talk show circuit with his new toy.  

Someone needs to leak to Florio or Dov Kleiman that the Colts are going to jump into the fray. Really scare Johnson into acting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I already did. I My info from the team side was good, I was very obviously wrong on how Rodgers would play it. The info is all out there now. Any of you who knew the Packers were going to extend him with THAT contract at a time when everyone was saying he was leaving would have come to the same conclusion as I did. Especially knowing they weren't convinced about Love this time a year ago. 

I thought AR was leaving for Denver. I truly thought he wanted out and that was his preferred landing spot - his relationship at the time figuring in. His coming back actually surprised me.

I didnt like the idea of reupping BOTH AR and Davante - in so much as I thought it would be really odd cap & competition-wise to have the highest league salaries at both those positions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

You had good points more often than not ... always got a little nervous after reading your stuff.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Were all. We were all.

Mr Anonymous still needs to own up to being wrong about Love being gone before Rodgers is, but he’s certainly shifted significantly recently, so he’s good in my book.

A couple of them here though 100% are only pretending to be Packer fans still. They will absolutely root for the Jets harder than for the Packers this year.

Do you like any players on the team. Or are does your jersey day Gute or Murphy. Your schtick is so stale. I have a buddy wh's a Jets fan can I watch a game with him and cheer for AR, or will I lose my stock options in the Pack:). 

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The game-changer is obviously Love's development in year 3. It gave the FO the trump card they didn't know they had. 

Which hurt the franchise ultimately, TBD how much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Such an odd day to be a Packer fan.

I think every fan knew it was time to move on.  

And every fan should be a little sad that #12 won't be under center for us this year.  But just a little sad.

Every fan should be thankful of Rodgers career here AND thankful to the front office that has an heir replacement trained up to start.

Every fan should be excited to see what Love and this franchise can do moving forward.

Today was much closer to the best possible outcome than the worst, that's for sure. That's on Aaron. Sure there was a little pettiness but what he did opens the door for the vast majority of Packers fans to wish him well and be 100% behind Jordan Love.

• Like 3