Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Thought: If you believe AR - that he's happy with GB, it's fans, workers, way of life etc - it's all Nirvana - and was 90% into retirement when he entered the darkness - only to decide to come back now because he'd heard GB was moving on - that comment would concern the hell out of me if I was the Jets.

In a players sense, he's 90% dead. It's not there. Not in him anymore. The tank is nearing empty. 

I dont care about his infamous "I'm gonna show them personality quirk" - thats not coming back. That lack of commitment will eventually show up again IMO. 

Edited by Leader

25 minutes ago, R T said:

I fully support your campaign to lobby for the Jets first, but I don't believe for a second that is realistic. People can dream until it is announced though.  

Well they are going to try.  They really should have had this worked out before allowing the Jets to court Rodgers.  2 3rd is a laughable joke.  I'd tell them to pounds sand and Silverstein has his head up his arse.  Maybe a swap of 1st rounders and this year's #43 and conditional 2 next year would be acceptable.  We'll see glad Gute is sticking to his guns and will extract maximum value that he can for the trade.  Stafford type deal is unrealistic.  Negotiation 101 start high.  

Score, I think they are well past the “start high” point!  No idea where they are at now, myself. But probably far beyond a start-unrealistically-high before compromise.  We shall see in time.  Obviously two firsts or Wilson or stuff like that, not happening.  Beats me.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, R T said:

I fully support your campaign to lobby for the Jets first, but I don't believe for a second that is realistic. People can dream until it is announced though.  

If the Packers wind up with only a 3rd round pick out of this, then Gute should be gone about 5 minutes after the trade is consummated.   He is the only person capable of turning that asset into such a small return.   Beyond a firing offense.

16 hours ago, Donzo said:

LOL! 😂😂😂🤪😂😂😂

This may be the funniest thing every said on the forum. Not funny funny, but stupid funny.

Gute has been a complete disaster ever since flushing a 1st & 4th on Love. 

• Wastes a 1st & 4th round pick on an awful college QB. 
  • Alienates HOF QB then capitulates to the QB's demands.
  • Commits to aging HOF QB with record setting contract extension.
  • Then, a year later wants to get out of the commitment he made to the HOF QB and move forward with terrible QB he wasted a 1st and 4th round pick on.

Again, Gute has been a complete disaster with the entire situation He's been an incompetent reactive decision maker while reversing decisions  year to year after making multi year commitments.

This is a level of management buffoonery the Packers haven't experienced since the 70s & 80s.

God, I enjoy the posts from people who can't seem to understand simple concepts.

Had Rodgers retired, we get nothing but cap pain.  And he was 90% retired.  Until Gute and the front office got the Jets involved.  Then Rodgers is 100% committed to playing and GB can get something for him.  

All while having the heir apparent ready to go.

So I'm looking at the situation we are in now.

You want to keep going to the past.  And all of us have acknowledged that the last contract was bad.  Except for a few that seem to come around to the contract being set up pretty good for this scenario.  To me, it was still a poor deal, but written in a way that makes it better.

Kind of like stepping in dog crap that is old, crusty and white.  It's still crap, but it's not as bad as stepping into fresh crap.

And still, that is one incident you have.  Because without Love on the roster, we have no QB ready to go.  None.  Zip.  Zero.  Zilch.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

God, I enjoy the posts from people who can't seem to understand simple concepts.

Had Rodgers retired, we get nothing but cap pain.  And he was 90% retired.  Until Gute and the front office got the Jets involved.  Then Rodgers is 100% committed to playing and GB can get something for him.  

All while having the heir apparent ready to go.

So I'm looking at the situation we are in now.

You want to keep going to the past.  And all of us have acknowledged that the last contract was bad.  Except for a few that seem to come around to the contract being set up pretty good for this scenario.  To me, it was still a poor deal, but written in a way that makes it better.

Kind of like stepping in dog crap that is old, crusty and white.  It's still crap, but it's not as bad as stepping into fresh crap.

And still, that is one incident you have.  Because without Love on the roster, we have no QB ready to go.  None.  Zip.  Zero.  Zilch.  

:Emoji , emoji, emoji:

:Keyboard cowardice, group think, pathetic:

:Gute sucks, laughable, Aaron's the Savior:

:Love sucks, waste of a 1st and 4th, complete disaster:

• Like 5

16 hours ago, StatKing said:

I just don't see the plan. Like @Donzosaid, Gute seems to be making very reactionary decisions. They ruined their own reputation for no reason in my eyes. If we would have traded him last year we wouldn't even be having a conversation about what the compensation would be. This dragging out is a nightmare for us.

But it isn't a nightmare.  The nightmare was if Rodgers retired after coming out of the darkness retreat.

And our front office made moves that got Rodgers to commit to playing.

If you want to rip on them for the contract, have at it.  I'm actually open to seeing that side of things.

Trading him last year?  After an MVP year.  Something that had never been done.  Sure.  I can see that should have happened, after Adams left.  It made little sense to me to have one player without the other.  

The longer this current situation plays out the better it gets for GB.  The Jets best option is Rodgers.  Right now it is kind of their only option.  They already got one of his buddies and I'll bet there are a couple more other buddies with contracts ready to sign, once the trade is official.  They cannot operate without this being done.  

Prior to the Rodgers interview, I didn't know who actually had leverage.  It's becoming a lot clearer now.