Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

I expect the Jets are going to draft a WR in round one or an OT.

If they draft defense, they’re absolutely genius.

Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb and Finley weren’t enough for Rodgers in 2011.

The Jets have to be able to hold the Chiefs under 20 points or they won’t get past the Chiefs.

12 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I expect the Jets are going to draft a WR in round one or an OT.

If they draft defense, they’re absolutely genius.

Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb and Finley weren’t enough for Rodgers in 2011.

The Jets have to be able to hold the Chiefs under 20 points or they won’t get past the Chiefs.

They'll take Skoronski and play him at OG

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I think the only way you get past the Chiefs in the AFC is "you outscore them" (like the Bengals did two years ago.)

It's got to be like 45-41 game.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

9 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the only way you get past the Chiefs in the AFC is "you outscore them" (like the Bengals did two years ago.)

It's got to be like 45-41 game.

Lol. It’s Aaron. All they have to do is give him the middle of the field and the short passing game and he’ll have 6 three and outs.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Marshall knows a packer team with Rodgers won the Super Bowl right? And five teams made it to the nfc championship game right? Haha better than any packer team…. Good lord.

Loved him as a player but he's always hated us as a media guy lol.

I think the thing a lot of the national media is missing is that while Rodgers is going to a team with a better defense and better weapons, he is most assuredly going to a team with a worse offensive line.  The Packers reliably put out a top 5 OL in the NFL with Aaron Rodgers, and the fact that Wilson was constantly under pressure was kind of how he got ruined in the first place.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the thing a lot of the national media is missing is that while Rodgers is going to a team with a better defense and better weapons, he is most assuredly going to a team with a worse offensive line.  The Packers reliably put out a top 5 OL in the NFL with Aaron Rodgers, and the fact that Wilson was constantly under pressure was kind of how he got ruined in the first place.

Do they though? I think the offense is a good step down from GB oline and weapons. Defense as a unit is better for sure.

but Jones and Dillion are the better RBs. Watson is basically Wilson. GB had Lazard, I’ll give them the TE, I’m sure most will say Davis is better than Cobb, but is he better than Doubs?

Like I don’t know if the jets have these amazing weapons… Wilson and hall are nice. But hall is coming off an injury and I don’t think the gap between Wilson and Watson is that great.

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

But PFT says this: 
That reduces the cap charge from $37.4 million to $22.825 million, and it clears Rodgers from the books in 2023.

I think PFT is just confused, like many in the media are when it comes to anything math-related. 

He likely mistakenly thought that $37.4m was Rodgers’ cap accelerations, because he forgot to add the $2.85m from Rodgers’ previous prorated restructure bonus (didn’t scroll right far enough on Spotrac 😄). He was only looking at the prorated signing bonus.

Then he heard (& regurgitated) the deceptive reports about Rodgers “saving” GB $14.585m of cap space, so he just clumsily subtracted that number from the $37.4m number to get his $22.825m number. Because he didn’t realize that it was already the *baked-in* assumption from everyone else’s $40.3m number that GB *wouldn’t* ultimately have to cap that $14.585m figure.

It wouldn’t really make sense for GB to have to cap that $14.585m because the NYJ are the ones giving that associated cash flow to Rodgers, not GB. The fundamental principle of the NFL salary cap is “You pay it, you cap it”. So every bit of cash flow that goes from Team A to Player X eventually goes on Team A’s cap. And every estimated cap charge for Player X that Team A *doesn’t* end up paying Player X in cash flow, doesn’t end up on Team A’s cap. That’s true whether the player was traded before the bonus cash flow is to be paid, or if the player didn’t end playing well enough to earn the bonus that they were projected to earn (ie. If it’s a performance bonus that the player failed to achieve but was previously put on the cap because of the LTBE assumption). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Basically Says hes not going to get in to details because it’s neither here nor there but then precedes to go right into details on cell service and FaceTime logs lol, come on Aaron

The money he makes and he's going cheap on his cell phone?  He couldn't pay the extra $10-15 a month and switch to Verizon?  LOL

Edited by SodeeWater_Cheezburger