Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Does it really matter? LOL  The process of clearing the books has begun. I'm confident Ball & Gute knows exactly what the number is and thats all that counts.

I want to know that number. I want the hope that we can sign a FA vet or two

6 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

We did not gain any cap space.

There's a clause that if a player on an option bonus is on one roster and traded to another, when the new team exercises the option, the first year is charged to the team he was on and the rest to the new team. So if Rodgers didn't rework the deal, we'd have a 54m dead charge instead of the expected 40m.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Aaron has had great playoff games… have any of them been in the NFC Championship games?

Like wildcard, divisional and even the Super Bowl… crazy good. The championship round has always been an issue.

Here's what is essentially an AR apologist's take, but it does provide context.  It's not unheard of for QBs to play worse in the playoffs than their averages going against the top rated defenses.  Brady has had plenty of mediocre performances but usually manages to get a few winning plays in at just the right time.  Rodgers has had plenty of ups and downs but there were several NFCC that a competent defense or not collapsing on special teams would have gotten us to the big show.  All water under the bridge at this point, let the Love era begin.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/aaron-rodgers-has-actually-performed-quite-well-in-his-championship-game-appearances-217

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Have a feeling the Packers re-sign Crosby soon. 

Or it might just be gas from that bean burrito I had for lunch. 

30 minutes ago, MacReady said:

It’s really not.  If Rodgers had an okay Championship game it would be. He didn’t have an okay Championship game, he had a dreadful one. His best play was making a tackle. A tackle on a terrible interception he threw.

He had a great first drive. Seven points.

The Bears have a really bad punt later in the game, Packers ball on the Bears 44. Three good runs by Starks and one 15 yard short completion and run by Nelson.

That’s it. That was it for the points he put up. He had a QB rating of 55.4.

He was so bad that even after Cutler was out and even after Raji got six, there was still concern that the Bears could win.

That’s how bad he was.

It really is. Who gives a **** that he played bad in the championship game we won? 

In the actual Super Bowl he had 3 TDs, over 300 yards, a 115 passer rating, and another 100 yards in dropped passes against the #1 D in the NFL.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

lmao.

It was even weirder to listen to his answer in real time. It was also in response to the only question asked by a Packers reporter (Schneidman). Maybe I'm projecting but he seemed nervous and uncomfortable throughout the whole presser.

4 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I didn’t get your call because my phone was immunized against anything but facetime reception. So you didn’t call me. 

But Gute did get ahold of David Dunn his agent....so why not as his agent make arrangements to get ahold of Aaron at a time and place you know you can reach him.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

But Gute did get ahold of David Dunn his agent....so why not as his agent make arrangements to get ahold of Aaron at a time and place you know you can reach him.  

Because the reality is neither one of them wanted to talk to the other. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

It's a ridiculous proposition to be "permanently" out of touch in today's networked communication system.
That's nothing more than AR putting forward AR nonsense to explain his actions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, R T said:

Because the reality is neither one of them wanted to talk to the other. 

yup.

GB and Gutekunst wanted to move onto Love.  Rodgers didn't want the direct confrontation of that process, so this is an easier path for him to carry a chip on his shoulder.  Rodgers seems to want to be involved in the conversations until they get uncomfortable for him and it might not go how he would prefer.  

• Like 2