Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

The Packers trade market is setting up nicely for the Packers with Brady's retirement. I see 5 main teams in the mix:

Jets are the obvious players in this (#13) (AFC)

Raiders will be looking for a QB if they move on from Carr. Garrapolo is the wild card. (#7) (AFC)

Colts if they hire Saturday and Irsay is desperate for a QB (#4) (AFC)

Titans if Rodgers shows interest in moving there. (#11) (AFC)

Falcons - Similar offensive system, good offensive weapons in place & Jake Matthews (#8) (NFC)

Dark horses include:

Texans - I think the Packers will try and get them involved to drive up the price (#2 & #12) (AFC)

Tampa - Maybe they will look to repeat their success with Brady by trading for Rodgers. But unlikely for two reasons (#19) (NFC)

Panthers. QB needy, dumb owner, new head coach will want to ensure he has a good QB this time round (#9) (NFC)

I'm sure Rodgers will want to go to a warm weather contending team. Closest he can get to that are the Raiders and Falcons.

If warm weather is not an option for him then I can see the Jets and Colts being favourites for him.

For me in a perfect world Rodgers to the Colts would be our best option.

Edited by Chili

12 minutes ago, Chili said:

The Packers trade market is setting up nicely for the Packers with Brady's retirement. I see 5 main teams in the mix:

Raiders will be looking for a QB if they move on from Carr. Garrapolo is the wild card. (#7) (AFC)

Falcons - Similar offensive system, good offensive weapons in place & Jake Matthews (#8) (NFC)

Dark horses include:

Texans - I think the Packers will try and get them involved to drive up the price (#2 & #12) (AFC)

Tampa - Maybe they will look to repeat their success with Brady by trading for Rodgers. But unlikely for two reasons (#19) (NFC)

Panthers. QB needy, dumb owner, new head coach will want to ensure he has a good QB this time round (#9) (NFC)

I'm sure Rodgers will want to go to a warm weather contending team. Closest he can get to that are the Raiders and Falcons.

If warm weather is not an option for him then I can see the Jets and Colts being favourites for him.

how many of those teams are in rebuilding mode?

25 minutes ago, Chili said:

Dark horses include:

Take a look at Tampa's cap situation, then look at their roster after the moves they have to make to get under. Then scratch them off the list. 

The Colts at 4 might give us a shot at either Anderson or Carter. The two gems of this draft. 

Edited by Old Guy

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I just think it's too much to ask that much from Love in his first year as a starter. Hell, even in 2008, Rodgers went 6-10 in the first year before taking off. If Love starts this season, I am tempering my expectations to a .500 type of year. I would actually try to save money in 2023 (if you go with Love) and then be more active in FA for 2024 and beyond. 

Wouldn't you want to spend all of the money possible in 2023 then? 

Like get as much of the cap hits out of the way right now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Dark horses include:

IF Las Vegas moves on from Carr?
They kicked him to the curb before the season was done.....supposedly so he wouldnt get injured and they could trade him before some contract money came due.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

yes but why do people keep bringing this up?  What do the packers want with trey lance they don't already have in Love?

Talent?  Better looking girlfriend?  ...because it couldn't get much worse.

And more years on a rookie deal?

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Wouldn't you want to spend all of the money possible in 2023 then? 

Like get as much of the cap hits out of the way right now?

Think we're talking about two different things. I mean save as in don't be buyers in FA. New FAs tend to have the lowest cap hit the first year of their deal in GB. 2024 could be another 2019 where we go HAM in FA.

Edited by packfanfb

30 minutes ago, Pick6byWoodson said:

A guy that was recently a top 3 draft pick

I'd need a lot more than Lance.  Taking Lance is doing them a favor.  I give you Rodgers and take Lance off your hands, now let's start talking return for the Packers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Think we're talking about two different things. I mean save as in don't be buyers in FA. New FAs tend to have the lowest cap hit the first year of their deal in GB. 2024 could be another 2019 where we go HAM in FA.

Same thing, just worded it differently.  Take all cap hits possible in Love's first season, when we probably struggle anyway.  Have likely a good draft pick, and more cap room for future seasons.  

5 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

yes but why do people keep bringing this up?  What do the packers want with trey lance they don't already have in Love?

They don't.  Or at least not directly in a trade package.  It'd require a 3rd team.  Hypothetically speaking, if the Texans were interested in him and wanted to use their top pick elsewhere:

Packers Get: #33, '49ers Pick(s), Texans Pick(s)
49ers Get: QB Aaron Rodgers, #65
Texans Get: QB Trey Lance