Week 16: GDT Philadelphia Eagles (13-1) vs NFZ Almost Contexts (10-4)

EaglesPeteC

Cowboys losing to Jags made this a very bizarre game. Stakes aren’t all that important for either, as 1 and 5 seed, respectively, are the likely outcome with us having 3 chances to get the 1 W needed to secure HFA (and Cowboys would need to win out), 

However, absolutely an important game for momentum/narrative/confidence/etc. I certainly won’t feel too good going into the playoffs, even if we go on to beat Saints to secure HFA, if the Cowboys beat us convincingly. Same applies to Cowboys. 

I wonder how much the almost inevitable 1-5 divisional clash factors into playcalling and strategy? Will either team “hold” anything back knowing that if they want a SB, they will have to beat this team in divisional?

Either way, Christmas Eve thankfully got a lot less stressful. Thank you Trevor.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This was almost out of character.

Almost

urnpublicidap.org7abd573b484d65b8a7b493e

Black Panther Avengers GIF

Context doe……

Go get that division and that number one seed fellas. 

Now show the ball going right off of Noah Brown's hands ;)

Edited by NoFlyZone

It's basically the Cowboys SB so I fully expect them to be pumped up and potentially win if I'm being honest.

3 road games in a row doesn't help that's for sure. Them choking doesn't make this game a must win for us at least. Though it would be nice to clinch the NFCE in Jerry World.

Hopefully Hurts is ok, he looked liked that hit to his shoulder/rib area took a toll. Despite the completions he threw afterwards. 

Goedert being back would be huge too. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Just want to stand on my soap box and say Devonta Smith is approaching elite level and by the end of his rookie contract will be there. This kid is a freaking stud. Imagine being the number three or four option in an offense on most weeks and still putting up the numbers he has. Waddle and Hill are definitely the best WR duo in the NFL... but there isn't another two I would take over Smitty and Brown past them... Then you consider that neither of them are older than 25... We are about to see the greatest stretch of WR play in Eagles history and I don't think it is going to be particularly close.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

While this game is not all that important any more for any of the two teams, I do hope Sirianni doesn't go all rest, all soft for this game. Last year's final game still bothers me. 

You didn’t shell out a bunch of money to actually be at that game……

• Like 1