Week 16: GDT Philadelphia Eagles (13-1) vs NFZ Almost Contexts (10-4)

EaglesPeteC

37 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Very odd indeed… Before week 15 games were played, Dallas was 1 point favorite for this matchup. Which seemed about right, given home field handicap. After week 15 was played, you’d have thought the only direction that line would move is in our favor.

It brings me no joy to deliver this information but Jalen Hurts is out for the season. 

Edit: I do not know if this is from injury or if they are just resting him until playoffs but I’m hearing that at least his regular season is over. 

Edited by bigben07MVP

14 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

It brings me no joy to deliver this information but Jalen Hurts is out for the season. 

Edit: I do not know if this is from injury or if they are just resting him until playoffs but I’m hearing that at least his regular season is over. 

I believe it, MVP odds also flipped in past 6 hours.

50 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Very odd indeed… Before week 15 games were played, Dallas was 1 point favorite for this matchup. Which seemed about right, given home field handicap. After week 15 was played, you’d have thought the only direction that line would move is in our favor.

Of course the Eagles would go 13-1 and lose their starting QB who is in the MVP race at the end of the season (again!)

If Jalen is down then our season is over. This is a better team on paper around Minshew, but I don't trust him to carry in the playoffs and if he ultimately does get to the Super Bowl I have no faith in him beating whoever comes out of the AFC.

Really hope Jalen is able to come back. 

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Of course the Eagles would go 13-1 and lose their starting QB who is in the MVP race at the end of the season (again!)

If Jalen is down then our season is over. This is a better team on paper around Minshew, but I don't trust him to carry in the playoffs and if he ultimately does get to the Super Bowl I have no faith in him beating whoever comes out of the AFC.

Really hope Jalen is able to come back. 

I’m optimistic he can, if for no other reason than he looked like himself to me even after the hit. I know adrenaline is there, but that tells us none of his functionality was compromised.

Get the bye, give him a month of rest, and I’m hopeful he could suit up.

….but yeah, this sucks. Yesterday was too good to be true after all. I can’t believe this happened to us again.

This is double edged sword for hurts and the eagles.

If minshew comes in and shines, proves its the system and players and not hurts.

If minshew plays at a high level or even a little lower then hurts, it hurts the mvp talk

But if minshew or any other qb falters then it forces the eagles to have to pay that absurd 45-50 million price tag