Week 17: VIKINGS (12-3) at Packers (7-8)

swede700

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Aren’t the Vikings like one of the healthiest teams in the league and have been all season?

On our 3rd string center, our top 5 RT went out today, and we’ve been down to our 4th/5th cb. I’d like to see the team get healthier before the playoffs - regardless of health relative to the rest of the league. 

So many on this forum are down on the team....again.  This team went on the road and beat Washington, Miami, NYJ and Buffalo!  We beat the Patriots and the Giants. All those teams are in the playoffs or were competing for the playoffs late in the season.  I think the Vikings have a chance to beat any team in the league.  Our stinker games are few and far between.  The season ain't over and we know we will be in the playoffs!  It's good to be a Vikings fan!!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

So many on this forum are down on the team....again.  This team went on the road and beat Washington, Miami, NYJ and Buffalo!  We beat the Patriots and the Giants. All those teams are in the playoffs or were competing for the playoffs late in the season.  I think the Vikings have a chance to beat any team in the league.  Our stinker games are few and far between.  The season ain't over and we know we will be in the playoffs!  It's good to be a Vikings fan!!!

We beat fringe playoff teams which is what we truly are. I don’t think we have the ability to really compete with the top of the class ie SF, Dallas, Philly and now apparently GB. I’m confident we can beat the Giants in round one but after that, I expect a complete beat down. 

Would love to get a second home game in the playoffs but that would require SF losing to GB. 

Edited by vikingsrule

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

We beat fringe playoff teams which is what we truly are. I don’t think we have the ability to really compete with the top of the class ie SF, Dallas, Philly and now apparently GB. I’m confident we can beat the Giants in round one but after that, I expect a complete beat down. 

Would love to get a second home game in the playoffs but that would require SF losing to GB. 

All the teams you mention can be beat...and they can be beat by the Vikings.  Will it happen?  I don't know.  CAN it happen? Absolutely!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Jaire graduated with a Criminal Justice degree in 3 years. I'd be careful not to let subvert racism into your analysis of someone's intelligence.

Let’s not try to bring race or racism into it? Just a friendly suggestion…

• Like 6

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Totally agree. That stuff has no place here or anywhere. Sometimes people need a friendly reminder to self-check their biases. 

I was directing it at you. Coming into a Vikings forum and making accusations of racism is pretty blatant trolling.

You need to stop, right now.

PM me if you have any questions.

- ET

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I was directing it at you. Coming into a Vikings forum and making accusations of racism is pretty blatant trolling.

You need to stop, right now.

PM me if you have any questions.

- ET

I apologize to @vike daddy for making that suggestion. I should have instead invited him to explain his belief that Jaire Alexander, who obtained a Criminal Justice degree in 3 years, is unintelligent based off presumably hearing a 30 second video clip of him talking trash to an opponent in the locker room.

That could have prevented this whole thing and hopefully lead to some personal insight. 

Hopefully there isn't, but if there is a next time I won't bring it up in an accusatory way.

Ouch.  

This one hurt for many reasons, but Philadelphia lost too. Aren’t they likely saving Hurts for the playoffs?  They probably drop the game to the Giants too. But we go out there and drop this game to a team that is nowhere near as good as they looked. It seems like our “luck” is running out. 

We play unreal and crazy games, and come out on top. Yet when we lose, we lose badly to good teams. Just come on already. 

I haven’t given up on this team but I cannot see Minnesota beating San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, or even lower seeds. I don’t know what this team is.  It’s been fun and crazy season, but this is the part that I never really felt good about - postseason football. 

I’m souring on this team a bit.  Am I alone? Anyone else here not expecting much out of this team? What do you think @swede700

Edited by Morlee

28 minutes ago, Morlee said:

Philadelphia lost too. Aren’t they likely saving Hurts for the playoffs?  They probably drop the game to the Giants too. 

if NYG beats the Eagles, and SF wins, Philly drops to the 5th seed.

so they have motivation to play hard and win. then they get a week to rest.

Edited by vike daddy

2 hours ago, Morlee said:

Ouch.  

This one hurt for many reasons, but Philadelphia lost too. Aren’t they likely saving Hurts for the playoffs?  They probably drop the game to the Giants too. But we go out there and drop this game to a team that is nowhere near as good as they looked. It seems like our “luck” is running out. 

We play unreal and crazy games, and come out on top. Yet when we lose, we lose badly to good teams. Just come on already. 

I haven’t given up on this team but I cannot see Minnesota beating San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, or even lower seeds. I don’t know what this team is.  It’s been fun and crazy season, but this is the part that I never really felt good about - postseason football. 

I’m souring on this team a bit.  Am I alone? Anyone else here not expecting much out of this team? What do you think @swede700

I’m with you. This team isn’t going anywhere this post season unless they can play NY or Tampa. Dallas, Philly and GB completely dominated us and I’m not confident about playing SF. It’s been a fun season but the reality is we’re not as good as a typical 2/3 seeded team. Feel like we’ve had a great deal of luck and good fortune in getting there. But sometimes that’s okay, some teams can ride that into a strong post season run. Not sure Mn is that team. The defense is just so bad and the offense is practically useless until the fourth quarter.