Week 17: VIKINGS (12-3) at Packers (7-8)

swede700

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

not sure why so many are so down on the team, we've out perfromed every expectation anyone every had of us in August.

ask yourself - did you think we'd be 12-4 on Jan 1st and fighting for the 2nd or 3rd seeding?

yeah...I would have taken 12-4 before start of the season but I think it's the manner we have lost these games has been disappointing...it's like whenever we had a chance infront of national audience in these big games vs Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, we had super disappointing performances

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

not sure why so many are so down on the team, we've out perfromed every expectation anyone every had of us in August.

ask yourself - did you think we'd be 12-4 on Jan 1st and fighting for the 2nd or 3rd seeding?

No, and I try to tell myself that often. I do think it’s reasonable to want a team that’s proven to be more competitive than expected to show up in big moments though. My expectations have certainly changed. A first round exit is not acceptable.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

yeah...I would have taken 12-4 before start of the season but I think it's the manner we have lost these games has been disappointing...it's like whenever we had a chance infront of national audience in these big games vs Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, we had super disappointing performances

Buffalo....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

This team is going to win at least 12 games. It's hard to tell that here. Also, I want the third seed. I want NY in round one. 

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Got to win in round one to make round two. I'll worry about round two if they get there. Much easier against the Giants, IMO.

I think so too. I really don’t want to face either Detroit or Green Bay right now. They are both playing better than us right now. Would hope SF can knock them off if they get the second seed. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 11:19 AM, vike daddy said:

i'm sorry but it really bothers me that these young men go through 2-4 years of college but can't compose a sentence beyond a 4th grade level.

i know they all can't be Matt Birk and Ryan Fitzpatrick, but come on. even Richard Sherman had a communications degree from Stanford.

Jaire graduated with a Criminal Justice degree in 3 years. I'd be careful not to let subvert racism into your analysis of someone's intelligence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nzd07 said:

We've seen teams everyone thought were jokes win playoff games. Who remembers the Giants runs, or even the beastquake game...

We have a shot. Settings my expectations low, definitely. But we have a shot. It's the NFL.

Those teams had defenses though, that’s my concern. This defense is flat out terrible. They were better today but obviously the game got out of hand quickly through no fault of the defense. 

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Not at all. But now we’re here. I think it’s clear our record is over inflated from some stupid luck that went our way this year. There’s three games that really standout, first Detroit game, Buffalo game and the Indy game that we should really have lost barring some really stupid/lucky bounces. Take those three wins out and we’re 9-7. That’s how this team feels. We’re not nearly as good as our record suggests. None of that matters though, it’s all about getting momentum at the right time, and we have little of that right now. GB, SF, Detroit, Dallas all have momentum. Philly needs their QB to get healthy. 

Edited by vikingsrule