MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, BillSabre said:

I believe he meant praying that the game becomes insignificant. The ONLY way the game would become insignificant to seeding would be Chiefs AND Bengals losing combined with a Bills win. 

Every other scenario leaves a seeding issue. 

44 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

In this scenario,the Bengals would a chance to be the first seed with a win vs Buffalo and Baltimore.This game were so important no matter what!

25 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I've been saying this all day on other sites and mentioned it pages and pages ago. But there's another route the two teams could go.  And since they seem to have come together every step of the way since Hamlin went down, I could see any of the following scenarios....

1.  Bengals win, Chiefs win, Bills win.  Bengals are assured the 3 seed, so they forfeit the game.  Buffalo gets the 1 seed and a very much needed bye after Sunday's game to try to pull it back together.

2.  Bengals lose, Bills win, Chiefs win.  Bills now take the forfeit, locking Cincy into the three seed.

3.  Bengals win, Bills win, Chiefs lose.  Agree to a coin flip.  Forget about all the other stuff, because neither team is interested in shoe-horning another game into this.  Or they meet together and decide.  Maybe the bengals give the Bills the bye, which as much as it pains the passionate Bengal; fan in me, it is 100% the absolute right thing to do.  And because of it, maybe Bills agree to playing in Cincy IF they meet in the AGFCCG.  Both teams give something to the other, in essence sharing the burden while also giving back to the other for the mutual support.  That's such an anti-NFL competition thing to do, but imagine the human story it tells.

Damn forgot CIN only 1 win back.   So yeah…someone loses.   NFL has no idea who right now.   Man what a mess. 

• Like 1

Haitham Ahmed, MD, MPH@haithamahmedmd

We just learned Hamlin was resuscitated twice, once on the field (with ROSC) and again in the hospital. As a cardiologist this makes commotio cordis less likely. If the impact caused an arrhythmia and rhythm was restored, he wouldn’t arrest again an hour later. Full eval needed.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

We just learned Hamlin was resuscitated twice, once on the field (with ROSC) and again in the hospital. As a cardiologist this makes commotio cordis less likely. If the impact caused an arrhythmia and rhythm was restored, he wouldn’t arrest again an hour later. Full eval needed.

I'll start with "I'm not a cardiologist":

After they took the EMT ventilation tube out my dad they had to resuscitated at the hospital.  He needed to have an difibulator used when he pooped after bypass.  Strange things happen often when it comes from stuff.

I also find this kind of speculation wrong.  Maybe the resuscitation on the field did just enough to get him stable enough to be transported and the stress of moving caused it to decline.  Heck there's reports that he was conscious when he was there, and the stress could have caused a second event.

Basically without more information, it's irresponsible to say commotio cords is less likely because when the heart has something like that and it hasn't been stabilized, events can keep on happening.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Damn forgot CIN only 1 win back.   So yeah…someone loses.   NFL has no idea who right now.   Man what a mess. 

Definitely a mess.  A "no contest" feels the cleanest to me.  Pretty much locks the Bengals into a 3 seed when they still had a chance at the 1, but it is what it is.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'll start with "I'm not a cardiologist":

After they took the EMT ventilation tube out my dad they had to resuscitated at the hospital.  He needed to have an difibulator used when he pooped after bypass.  Strange things happen often when it comes from stuff.

I also find this kind of speculation wrong.  Maybe the resuscitation on the field did just enough to get him stable enough to be transported and the stress of moving caused it to decline.  Heck there's reports that he was conscious when he was there, and the stress could have caused a second event.

Basically without more information, it's irresponsible to say commotio cords is less likely because when the heart has something like that and it hasn't been stabilized, events can keep on happening.

Gotta be honest.  Once the ambulance left the field, I headed out to the concourse to breathe.  While there, I noticed the ambulance finally leave the stadium at least 10 minutes later.  I know they said they waited for him mom to make her way down there, but I have never heard of another cardiac arrest case ever be delayed going to the hospital for any reason.  It's that crucial.  At the time, I feared that he coded again and they had to revive him in the tunnel.  

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

There are few viable options to decide this game, if it will not be played.

1)Bengals win 7-3

2)A draw (tie)

3)Run a Madden 23 simulated game (or have a player from each team play one another) "Live"

4)Flip a coin

I think option 3 would be pretty cool, considering the circumstances.

I actually love option 3. We love in an esports age. Each team, pick your best player, lets get it.

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

Gotta be honest.  Once the ambulance left the field, I headed out to the concourse to breathe.  While there, I noticed the ambulance finally leave the stadium at least 10 minutes later.  I know they said they waited for him mom to make her way down there, but I have never heard of another cardiac arrest case ever be delayed going to the hospital for any reason.  It's that crucial.  At the time, I feared that he coded again and they had to revive him in the tunnel.  

If they think someone is stable enough they will delay for something like that. My poppop had a heart attack when we were out for dinner one time, and the ambulance got there in 10 minutes, but it took another 35 minutes for it to finally leave with him to the hospital. 

My mom has told me of a few times where someone had CPR performed, was in transit, and the doctors asked if the patient was stable, and if they were for the ambulance to slow down to give the ER time to prep. 

Basically long story short: there could be a ton of reasons they delayed that don’t include another attempt at CPR. If that’s what it was that ambulance would have been on the move asap. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Definitely a mess.  A "no contest" feels the cleanest to me.  Pretty much locks the Bengals into a 3 seed when they still had a chance at the 1, but it is what it is.

Locks them at 3 when they had a chance at 1. 

Locks Bills at 2 when they had a chance at 1.

Locks Chiefs at 1 when there was a chance they could fall to 3. 

SUPER MESSY 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

If they think someone is stable enough they will delay for something like that. My poppop had a heart attack when we were out for dinner one time, and the ambulance got there in 10 minutes, but it took another 35 minutes for it to finally leave with him to the hospital. 

My mom has told me of a few times where someone had CPR performed, was in transit, and the doctors asked if the patient was stable, and if they were for the ambulance to slow down to give the ER time to prep. 

Basically long story short: there could be a ton of reasons they delayed that don’t include another attempt at CPR. If that’s what it was that ambulance would have been on the move asap. 

Good to know.  Thanks.  In the moment, my brain shifted to the worst

• Like 1

Just now, INbengalfan said:

Good to know.  Thanks.  In the moment, my brain shifted to the worst

It's very understandable.  I had a grade 3 concussion and fear of paralysis playing lacrosse, and the ambulance took 45 minutes to leave.  And although speed of care mattered for me the delay was making sure I was secure enough so if I didn't have that already, it wasn't caused by any bumps and movement in transit.

It's tricky when you have a patient that you need to be both fast acting but also very careful on how you are moving someone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Randomly decided to tune into Undisputed this morning and holy hell....Shannon Sharp might kill Skip bu the end of todays episode or quit by the end of the week.

oh-no-dont-do-that.gif

^^ That isn't really tied to his tweet mentioned in this thread as much as me just finding him annoying as hell.

41 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Appears the number of times he was resuscitated is in dispute. May not be 2 as previously reported.

Overall, appears like the signs have trended positively, not only this, the overnight signs, as well as the drop in O2. Wonderful news.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3