Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

4 hours ago, Scott Land said:

I think it comes down to the health of Kam Curl and BSJ. More Kam than BSJ but need both of them. Kam is so much better than people give him credit for, due to his lack of takeaways this year, but that guy is an absolute stud. I think if he plays we win this game. Replacing David Mayo with Kam Curl is a HUGE difference. I told people last week (not on this site) that if Kam doesn't play we are going to be so screwed because David Mayo is by far the worst linebacker that gets to play in the NFL, and Shanahan will get Kittle lined up on him and will torch him, my nightmares came true. There's a reason that we have the #1 defense against TE's in the league, well did until last week. Njoku will look like an all pro if Kam doesn't play. 

I think our safeties were lined up on Kittle a lot too, like Reaves & Forrest & they got burned. We definitely need Kam.

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

If the Giants can't beat the Colts at home they don't deserve to get into the playoffs.

If the Commanders can't beat the Browns at home they don't deserve to get into the playoffs.

So lets keep it simple and win to see which of our teams will be defeating the Vikings in three weeks.

It would be very cool, to get the whole NFC East in the Playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

If the Giants can't beat the Colts at home they don't deserve to get into the playoffs.

If the Commanders can't beat the Browns at home they don't deserve to get into the playoffs.

So lets keep it simple and win to see which of our teams will be defeating the Vikings in three weeks.

Agreed man. 

12 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Not so sure. He seemed much quicker getting the ball out against the Niners. He's had more study time .

You can't possibly believe a guy who's been slow with his decision making in the pocket since his NDSU days suddenly changed because he sat for 10 weeks? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You can't possibly believe a guy who's been slow with his decision making in the pocket since his NDSU days suddenly changed because he sat for 10 weeks? 

well not change  but knowing/ understanding the sytem better might help him. Trust me, I'm just hoping/ I'm not a big fan of Mr Wentz.

• Like 1

I hope that Carson Wentz is very successful this week. I hope we get the W and forces a lot of the people who are on the fence to realize Carson is, and always has been, the better QB than Taylor Heinicke.

Again, don't want either of them starting next year, but this is the correct call IMO.

(Also, if he blows for the next two weeks, I will admit I was wrong about him. I will not however entertain the concept that we went on a win streak "because" of TH instead of the accurate "in spite" of TH)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I hope that Carson Wentz is very successful this week. I hope we get the W and forces a lot of the people who are on the fence to realize Carson is, and always has been, the better QB than Taylor Heinicke.

Again, don't want either of them starting next year, but this is the correct call IMO.

(Also, if he blows for the next two weeks, I will admit I was wrong about him. I will not however entertain the concept that we went on a win streak "because" of TH instead of the accurate "in spite" of TH)

This is my thought process exactly. 

I sure hope Wentz proves me wrong & plays well but I do not expect him to be much better than Heinicke or better than Heinicke at all. 

I sure as hell hope Turner runs the ball at least 30 times a game with Wentz as our QB (20 BRob & 10-15 w/ Gibby) & fights the urge to get pass happy bc he has the strong armed Wentz back at his disposal.

I expect Wentz to go:

23/35, 250 yds, 1 TD, 1 int & 1 fumble lost

I sure hope BRob & Gibby can score some TDs & Wentz can consistently move the ball.

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I can agree w/ that.