2018 QBs

brooks1957

You’ll have to forgive me brownie man but I saw as many great throws in that highlight video of Lamar as I’ve seen in a half of Rosen, Darnold or mayfield actual game film. 

Lamar is an extreme project and I don’t want that at 1. He may be good someday. I can see he’s worked on being a qb. But he’s a long way from being an nfl qb. Kind of reminds me of Kizer.  iibs 

Heres some good info in recent young franchise QBs ranked in college by comp%/rtg combination.

Baker Mayfield- 71%- - 41td/5int -- 4,340yds -- 204rtg

Russell Wilson- 72% -- 33td/4int -- 3,175yds -- 191rtg

Andrew Luck- 71% -- 37td/10int -- 3,517yds -- 169rtg

Marcus Mariota- 68% -- 42td/4int -- 4,454yds -- 182rtg

Derek Carr- 68% -- 50td/8int -- 5,083 -- 156rtg

Mitch Trubisky- 68% -- 30td/6int --  3,748yds -- 157rtg

Deshaun Watson- 67% -- 41td/17int -- 4,593yds -- 151rtg

Cam Newton- 66% -- 30td/7int -- 2,854yds -- 182rtg

Jameis Winston- 65% -- 25td/18int -- 3,907yds -- 145rtg

Jared Goff- 64% -- 43td/13int -- 4,714 -- 161rtg

Carson Wentz- 63% -- 25td/10int -- 3,111yds -- 152rtg

Sam Darnold- 63% -- 26td/12int -- 3,787yds -- 151rtg

Josh Rosen- 62% -- 26td/10int -- 3,717yds -- 146rtg

Lamar Jackson- 60% --25td/6int -- 3,489yds -- 151rtg

Deshone Kizer- 58% -- 26td/9int -- 2,925yds -- 145rtg

On 11/30/2017 at 8:33 AM, dawgdish said:

Man, that would be so like us to do the right thing and take Darnold or Rosen at #1, then have a blue chip guy like Minkah staring us in the face, and get cute, slide back for a less sure thing (cough cough, Peppers, Njoku) who need more long term developing for future picks, then all get canned because we couldn't win in 2018, blow it all up, jettison half the roster, and start all over again. Take the #1 QB and a guy like Minkah and don't blink.

I agree that Minkah is a real blue chipper, but IMO, we need desperately to rebuild our offense and with Thomas near the end of the line, we need to at least consider a LT, a WR or a RB Smart GM's rebuild one side of the ball at a time, otherwise your rebuild lacks continuity and neither side of the ball is ever fully developed.

I say, draft offense, offense, offense and more offense and leave defense till next year's draft. This way, within 2 years, we could have one of the top offenses in the league, if we can actually draft well. Outside of our #1 overall pick, a QB, to be sure later picks turn out, you need to double up on positions, because the draft is a crap shoot at best and not every pick will pan out, but if you draft 2 guys at each weak position, you increase significantly your chances for success. Drafting just one of these and one of those can prove to be useless, should one or both, bust, but if you back up that pick, you increase your chances.

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I agree that Minkah is a real blue chipper, but IMO, we need desperately to rebuild our offense and with Thomas near the end of the line, we need to at least consider a LT, a WR or a RB Smart GM's rebuild one side of the ball at a time, otherwise your rebuild lacks continuity and neither side of the ball is ever fully developed.

I say, draft offense, offense, offense and more offense and leave defense till next year's draft. This way, within 2 years, we could have one of the top offenses in the league, if we can actually draft well. Outside of our #1 overall pick, a QB, to be sure later picks turn out, you need to double up on positions, because the draft is a crap shoot at best and not every pick will pan out, but if you draft 2 guys at each weak position, you increase significantly your chances for success. Drafting just one of these and one of those can prove to be useless, should one or both, bust, but if you back up that pick, you increase your chances.

So you realize the value in doubling down on players at one position, but think the idea of accumulating as many quality picks as possible via Moneyball is nonsense? 

"Smart GM's rebuild one side off the ball at a time".... Thank sweet baby Jesus we have twice as many picks as most other GM's to work with so Sashi and Co. can address both sides of the ball.

I wonder how they acquired such a slew of useful assets?

If the Browns actually draft Mayfield #1 overall I'm taking a very long break. I'll be mad enough if they pass on Darnold/Rosen, who I think are way better than Baker as a prospect, let alone if they draft him AHEAD of those two.

I'd be FURIOUS if they traded back again, got a king's ransom, and drafted Baker.

I'd be in breakup mode if they actually passed on Darnold/Rosen for Mayfield. That would be the most Browns thing ever.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If the Browns actually draft Mayfield #1 overall I'm taking a very long break. I'll be mad enough if they pass on Darnold/Rosen, who I think are way better than Baker as a prospect, let alone if they draft him AHEAD of those two.

I'd be FURIOUS if they traded back again, got a king's ransom, and drafted Baker.

I'd be in breakup mode if they actually passed on Darnold/Rosen for Mayfield. That would be the most Browns thing ever.

It's all good bro.

It will be Darnold #1 if he comes out. Now if he stays, it might be time to panic. Sashi and Hue will probably go into meltdown mode and deem Rosen a "not Top 20" QB.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

It's all good bro.

It will be Darnold #1 if he comes out. Now if he stays, it might be time to panic. Sashi and Hue will probably go into meltdown mode and deem Rosen a "not Top 20" QB.

Dude I'm chicken little over here.

I wanted Watson badly last year, we traded from #12 to get Peppers and a 1st this year.

I've been adamant about NOT wanting:

*Quinn

*Weeden

*Manziel

*Kizer

...and now Baker Mayfield. The Browns seem to know this and make it their life's mission to intentionally draft guys I love to hate as prospects. Maybe I should start royally bashing Darnold so that they'll draft him.

9 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

If there's a blue chip offensive player staring us in the face with the Texans pick, I'm all for snagging them, especially in Minkah is already off the board, and if they are both there and grade out equally high, take either. I'm dead set against trading back to get someone of Njoku or Peppers quality and more picks when we need superior talent now, though. 

18 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

If there's a blue chip offensive player staring us in the face with the Texans pick, I'm all for snagging them, especially in Minkah is already off the board, and if they are both there and grade out equally high, take either. I'm dead set against trading back to get someone of Njoku or Peppers quality and more picks when we need superior talent now, though. 

There should be a wealth of very good players to choose from with the Houston pick.  I would lean towards taking the best WR available with that pick.  It may end up being the first WR taken, and I would lean towards Courtland Sutton right now.  If Minkah or Derwin are on the board still...I would have to consider pulling the trigger on one of them.

First pick should be QB

Second first rounder should be WR or S

The 3 second rounders should be WR or S....CB....RB

They need to find a pass rusher, O line depth, and more DB's.  

I honestly think we can't lose with the top QBs in this draft. 

Rosen

Darnold

Jackson

Mayfield

They can all be winners if they get a little help and steer clear of catastrophic injuries. We've already invested in the OL so really we just need to get one of these guys some weapons and go. 

2 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Njoku's quality?

He just set the franchise record for TD's by a rookie at his position. At 21. With the worst performing qb in the league throwing him the ball.

What is wrong with his talent?

Archived