Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

At this point in time, January, still super early and I reserve right to change my mind.

I would really, really like these 5 things to happen in draft.   These would be my goals:

1) We add a 2024 first round pick.

2) We get Tyree Wilson or a plus edge, Wilson is my current preference.   

3) We get either Dawand Jones or Darnell Wright or at least one plus OL of the like.  

4) We get a plus starting caliber WR.  Not sure who I really want that to be at this point.   

5) We get a good interior DL that is really hard to move and can be a solid rotational player.  

The following would be huge bonus to me:

6) We get a good safety.

7) We get a good off ball LB.   

8 )  We add a talented RB  - this class has like 7 of 8 them.  It is a stacked position.  

9) We add a 2024 2nd in addition to first.

10) We add a developmental QB.

Agree with all the top 5, though my list goes 1A - Anderson, 1B - Carter, then Wilson is the top of my next tier.

8. Absolutely. There is no reason if Monty walks NOT to use a pick on a RB. There are a handful that should get significant reps as rookies.

10. Honestly I really like Jaren Hall from BYU as the developmental QB. Good arm, athletic, and makes good plays off script. As a 25 year old he should drop some, I don't think we see any Brandon Weeden stupidity again. Hall is basically a discount Justin Fields.

• Like 2

Here is a mock offseason by this guy.  Forget his name.

Interesting that he traded for Tunsil whose contract is up next year while Texans are rebuilding.  It would be weird for Texans to make that trade after all they gave up to get him.   They basically made Miami into a power with that trade.

I understand that was different regime, but having no viable LT for a long time was what drove them to desperation.

I wouldn't hate Tunsil, but I doubt that happens absent it being part of some other larger trade deal between Bears/Texans.

Also don't see us signing both Hargrave and Payne.   I think he is under estimating what Payne will get on open market too.

I would also like to see Bears offering larger signing bonuses to FAs spread over time than he is giving versus salary.  That is game Rams and New Orleans play.   Costs team more money, but keeps your cap lower.   

Ironically we could have had Tunsil in draft at 11 and passed.  That still rankles me.

He was number 1 overall prospect on a lot of public boards before gas mask that fell all the way to 13.

Instead we traded up to 9 and took Floyd.   Terrible decision value wise.

Not to mention Floyd played ILB in college and would be making a position change.   

Pace said in an interview that year Fox and Fangio felt they really needed a pass rusher in draft and he agreed.  

Reach.  Extra reach with the trade up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Ironically we could have had Tunsil in draft at 11 and passed.  That still rankles me.

I watched the same video yesterday and my first thought regarding Tunsil was that "DLL is either going to feel like a wrong has been made right, or that he's even more ticked as we had a shot at him in the draft"  Spend too much time on this stuff I think?

Hadn't heard that about the push for Floyd. Not very good decision making by any one, either for fit or value if that's the case. 

The guy who made the video is Brett Kollman. Often interesting videos, seems to require about a handle of whisky to make each one.  Usually analysis seems really sound, and then something terrible happens almost immediately to the player.  Not thrilled with his mock off season, particularly trading for Tunsil with 1st and then immediately having to pay a big contract, but he seems to understand what the Bears need.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I watched the same video yesterday and my first thought regarding Tunsil was that "DLL is either going to feel like a wrong has been made right, or that he's even more ticked as we had a shot at him in the draft"  Spend too much time on this stuff I think?

Hadn't heard that about the push for Floyd. Not very good decision making by any one, either for fit or value if that's the case. 

The guy who made the video is Brett Kollman. Often interesting videos, seems to require about a handle of whisky to make each one.  Usually analysis seems really sound, and then something terrible happens almost immediately to the player.  Not thrilled with his mock off season, particularly trading for Tunsil with 1st and then immediately having to pay a big contract, but he seems to understand what the Bears need.  

LOL I noticed that with him in the past.

He did a video on Eddie Jackson being best safety in football and he has never been same since.

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Oh man.  I don't study every draft as some years I have been too busy.  But man some years I did look at it pretty hard.  

I remember 2007 as one of early years a lot of videos of prospects college tape was widely available on internet.  Wasn't so much on youtube at time that I recall as individual team sites and specialty blogs/websites.  

I remember watching a bunch of first and second round prospects and thinking two of my favorite early round prospects were LB Patrick Willis and OT Joe Staley.

I was so jealous when 49ers actually got both my guys.

This was actual Bears draft that year:

Chicago Bears Greg Olsen  TE Miami (FL) ACC  
  2 62 Chicago Bears Dan Bazuin  DE Central Michigan MAC from San Diego[36]
  3 93 Chicago Bears Garrett Wolfe  RB NIU MAC from San Diego[36]
  3 94 Chicago Bears Michael Okwo  LB Stanford Pac-10  
  4 130 Chicago Bears Josh Beekman  OG Boston College ACC  
  5 167 Chicago Bears Kevin Payne  S Louisiana-Monroe Sun Belt from San Diego[36]
  5 168 Chicago Bears Corey Graham  CB New Hampshire A-10  
  7 221 Chicago Bears Trumaine McBride  CB Ole Miss SEC from San Francisco via Cleveland[78]
  7 241 Chicago Bears Aaron Brant  OT Iowa State Big 12

Just awful overall.

They didn't even have Olsen when he got really good in Carolina.  

We seriously took Dan Bazuin and Garrett Wolfe in 2nd and 3rd.  Those are UDFAs at best.  In 2nd and 3rd when you are looking for solid starters.   Small school guys without big traits.  What was he thinking?  

I can't even.  That was one of worst drafts ever.  I know I could do a better job than Angelo did.  I would take anyone on this forum over him.

Edited by dll2000

I randomly watched that dude’s mock off-season video earlier. Free agency, I’d argue he either only knows 2% of the league’s free agents so he had us target only the top guys available or he plays a lot of madden and has a very optimistic idea of it. I missed what he said we traded for Tunsil, but it must’ve been future assets cause he still had all his draft picks. I can’t really wrap my head around this guy’s mock, unless he’s doing it purely for fun and not what he thinks will happen. Getting two fringe elite DT’s and then still drafting Carter lol. Then using 3 of your top 5 picks or so on WR lol. Why use a pick so high on someone that at best is our #5 wr? CB and LB totally neglected. Even the most obnoxiously over the top mock off-season I’ve seen leaves us with holes lol. I also liked him talking about Fields getting hung out to dry by linemen that can’t pass block and going out and signing run blocking extraordinaire Kaleb McGary lol 

I will say though, I hadn’t scouted TE Noah Ginforff at all and didn’t hate what I saw, if we actually could get him that late. Even as purely a blocking TE he impressed me. 

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I randomly watched that dude’s mock off-season video earlier. Free agency, I’d argue he either only knows 2% of the league’s free agents so he had us target only the top guys available or he plays a lot of madden and has a very optimistic idea of it. I missed what he said we traded for Tunsil, but it must’ve been future assets cause he still had all his draft picks. I can’t really wrap my head around this guy’s mock, unless he’s doing it purely for fun and not what he thinks will happen. Getting two fringe elite DT’s and then still drafting Carter lol. Then using 3 of your top 5 picks or so on WR lol. Why use a pick so high on someone that at best is our #5 wr? CB and LB totally neglected. Even the most obnoxiously over the top mock off-season I’ve seen leaves us with holes lol. I also liked him talking about Fields getting hung out to dry by linemen that can’t pass block and going out and signing run blocking extraordinaire Kaleb McGary lol 

I will say though, I hadn’t scouted TE Noah Ginforff at all and didn’t hate what I saw, if we actually could get him that late. Even as purely a blocking TE he impressed me. 

It wasn't that bad.   This is how he makes his living.   He is trying to entertain.  

He covers whole NFL but I have heard him say his Bears videos bring most returns by a margin.