Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Saw STL said they redid the rankings so I have to try one.

pff-mock-results.png

Carter for the 3T

D Jones gets to be the mammoth RT

Gibbs gives explosion at RB that we haven't had in a long time

Wright is competing at RT with Jones at RT and LG

Sanders is the WILL most likely, will be able to compete with EDGE on obvious passing downs

Dexter is the NT

Vorhees will be learning to snap day one.

Moss can step in at FS if EJax isn't healing well

Cox Jr moves to SAM and is a rotational EDGE

I like Hall more than most. Not getting Fields 2.0 but definitely a plus athlete.

If this happens I'll record myself eating my own poop

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Saw STL said they redid the rankings so I have to try one.

pff-mock-results.png

Carter for the 3T

D Jones gets to be the mammoth RT

Gibbs gives explosion at RB that we haven't had in a long time

Wright is competing at RT with Jones at RT and LG

Sanders is the WILL most likely, will be able to compete with EDGE on obvious passing downs

Dexter is the NT

Vorhees will be learning to snap day one.

Moss can step in at FS if EJax isn't healing well

Cox Jr moves to SAM and is a rotational EDGE

I like Hall more than most. Not getting Fields 2.0 but definitely a plus athlete.

Is Wright getting moved to LG, Voorhees to C? Can Cox be the WR1 Fields needs?

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If this happens I'll record myself eating my own poop

Sadly, I'm sure there is an OF niche for that. Lol

I try to scroll only 10-15 names from the top to not grab favorites constantly. I'd get a custom Poles jersey made if he got this draft class somehow. 

fqpnajg.png
i wouldn’t feel too bad about this. Although the trade up for JSN undoubtedly takes more, maybe a future 2 as well. But that was after legitimately 20 failed attempts to draft JSN (every time I’d trade up, he’d go the pick before and I’d have to restart lol). I think this is the first mock I’ve done that had us trading back into the first but it’s based on the new idea that JSN is Fields’ biggest want 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

fqpnajg.png
i wouldn’t feel too bad about this. Although the trade up for JSN undoubtedly takes more, maybe a future 2 as well. But that was after legitimately 20 failed attempts to draft JSN (every time I’d trade up, he’d go the pick before and I’d have to restart lol). I think this is the first mock I’ve done that had us trading back into the first but it’s based on the new idea that JSN is Fields’ biggest want 

19 feels like exactly where Nigba will go.

Ive mentioned that PFF has really screwed these up with their new rankings, so I just did one, and decided to Trade down a bunch and see what I could come up with. Ill recap the extra Trade picks at the end, but I double traded to Houston at #2, then Vegas at #7

1] Tyree Wilson - DE Texas Tech

2] Keion White - DE Georgia Tech

2] John Michael Schmitz - OL Boston College

3] Darnell Wright - OL Tennessee

3] Rashee Rice - WR SMU

3] Gervon Dexter - DL Florida

4] Cedric Tillman - WR Tennessee

4] Zacch Pickens - DL South Carolina

4] Kyu Blu Kelly - DB Stanford

4] Tyler Steen - OL Alabama

4] Riley Moss - DB Iowa

5] Brenton Cox Jr - ED Florida

5] Julius Brents - DB Kansas St

7] Jaren Hall - QB BYU

Additional 2024 Picks: Round 1 (LV), R2 (LV), R2 (JAX), R3 (HOU), R3 (PIT), R4 (PIT), R4 (CAR)

I would need a lot of new shorts if this somehow happened

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ive mentioned that PFF has really screwed these up with their new rankings, so I just did one, and decided to Trade down a bunch and see what I could come up with. Ill recap the extra Trade picks at the end, but I double traded to Houston at #2, then Vegas at #7

3] Rashee Rice - WR SMU

4] Riley Moss - DB Iowa

7] Jaren Hall - QB BYU

Additional 2024 Picks: Round 1 (LV), R2 (LV), R2 (JAX), R3 (HOU), R3 (PIT), R4 (PIT), R4 (CAR)

I need a new pair just from seeing it on here. lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

3] Rashee Rice - WR SMU

4] Riley Moss - DB Iowa

7] Jaren Hall - QB BYU

Good lord man! If this happened my poor 50 year old heart would not allow me to see the new season. My pulse is racing now. If Poles did this and followed it with a strong draft next year, he should be allowed to retire as a Bear.

• Like 1

Pittman is a good player, but this sets up where all your starting WRs:  Pittman, Claypool and Mooney all hit FA at same time and immediately following next season (without extensions now).  

I'd rather have held out for more picks or even traded lower in draft.  Bears could sign them all now, but it wouldn't be a good balance of resources going forward.  

Better to have a rookie in mix with two vets.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Pittman is a good player, but this sets up where all your starting WRs:  Pittman, Claypool and Mooney all hit FA at same time and immediately following next season (without extensions now).  

I'd rather have held out for more picks or even traded lower in draft.  Bears could sign them all now, but it wouldn't be a good balance of resources going forward.  

This right here, this is why I dont think we will be adding another major receiver this offseason (via Trade or Free Agency) because we have 2 potential guys to pay right now, who still havent completely proven, and we need to make decisions on. Because if you add another Vet (for one year or multiple) that means you have punted on either Mooney or Claypool going forward already

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Could also add 1-2 year extensions for any/all of them to allow them to gel with Fields, then look at focusing on the trenches this year.  Then after 1-2 years you should know which (if any) are going to be extended, if Velus is anything more than a gadget player/returner, and there should at least be a rookie drafted in 2024 or later in this draft.

I prefer your way but imagine there won't be much in the way of high-profile signings, so this allows some stability and to use the cap this year. 

Just spitballing.

Edit - Actually I think I'd hold out for more draft capital if I had to choose though. That or Buckner to switch with Pittman.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I need a new pair just from seeing it on here. lol

31 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Good lord man! If this happened my poor 50 year old heart would not allow me to see the new season. My pulse is racing now. If Poles did this and followed it with a strong draft next year, he should be allowed to retire as a Bear.

Right? This is absolutely my point with what PFF has done with their rankings, and now starting to with their Trade meter

I know guys fall and stuff, but things like Darnell Wright ranked in the 70s just shocks me. If he is down there, then the NFL has come to a consensus that he is a Guard ONLY in the League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Right? This is absolutely my point with what PFF has done with their rankings, and now starting to with their Trade meter

I know guys fall and stuff, but things like Darnell Wright ranked in the 70s just shocks me. If he is down there, then the NFL has come to a consensus that he is a Guard ONLY in the League.

I try not to cheat and scout too far ahead so I only let myself scroll something like 15 names or so.

I'd skip to take the card up for Wright in the 70s even if he was only a G. With PFF I almost feel like they got Dawand Jones' arm length and was like "**** you midget arms" to Wright by comparison. Just don't see the logic in it.

That being said while I'm generally happy with my armchair GM drafts, I've had some REAL whiffs too. I've only gotten lazier the last few years with my "scouting." lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This right here, this is why I dont think we will be adding another major receiver this offseason (via Trade or Free Agency) because we have 2 potential guys to pay right now, who still havent completely proven, and we need to make decisions on. Because if you add another Vet (for one year or multiple) that means you have punted on either Mooney or Claypool going forward already

Not necessarily. Unless Mooney takes an enormous step back (this last season doesn’t count because he drew all the focus as the only competent wr) he’s getting retained. Pittman would get retained. Claypool still needs to prove himself. If he doesn’t show anything this season, he could potentially be retained for cheap. If he doesn’t show anything this season, idk if I care to even retain him.

None of these fit the criteria of your point though. They were made with the assumption that all three don’t gel well and ball out. If they do and we’re looking at 3 players deserving $12-18m deals, we’d probably have a problem. But a good problem to have, in retrospect. 

But him being in a contract year shouldn’t disqualify our interest if he can contribute what we wanted Claypool to contribute, and we essentially get him for free. Overall I am very wary about Claypool here. I was wary about him when he was in Pit. Hopefully this off-season, he gets himself in fantastic shape mentally and physically and has a good year but it’s one of my lowest expectations for the season.