Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

12 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Dammit I know better but these still are getting my hopes up.

Love the value for the trades back but IDK about Skoronski. I'm scared he doesn't have the length to really hang on the outside and I think a top 10 pick for an IOL means you better be getting a HOF talent.

I think I'd rather take upside with guys like Broderick Jones or Johnson if I am trying to pick an OL that high. I'd actually prefer Wright or Jones in the 2nd than Skoronski in the top 10.

Agreed…love the value but I don’t need Cody Whitehair 2.0…floor is great but there is very limited growth potential there…of course free agency can change things but I am of the opinion right now either we trade down a little and draft one of the 3 elite DL prospects in Carter/Wilson/Anderson…or we keep trading down as far as we can to feel comfortable in getting JSN (or another Addison if we were to trade for someone like Chris Godwin)…dream scenario if we did decide to just keep trading down would be JSN in the slot…trade for Hopkins on the outside…sign Smith if he is released from NE as the move TE…those 3 combined with Kmet inside…Mooney & Claypool as the #2 on the outside and Jones as a joker would make for a hell of an arsenal of weapons…draft another WR later to develop behind Hopkins…then plenty of OL and we suddenly have an offence to support QB1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed…love the value but I don’t need Cody Whitehair 2.0…floor is great but there is very limited growth potential there…of course free agency can change things but I am of the opinion right now either we trade down a little and draft one of the 3 elite DL prospects in Carter/Wilson/Anderson…or we keep trading down as far as we can to feel comfortable in getting JSN (or another Addison if we were to trade for someone like Chris Godwin)…dream scenario if we did decide to just keep trading down would be JSN in the slot…trade for Hopkins on the outside…sign Smith if he is released from NE as the move TE…those 3 combined with Kmet inside…Mooney & Claypool as the #2 on the outside and Jones as a joker would make for a hell of an arsenal of weapons…draft another WR later to develop behind Hopkins…then plenty of OL and we suddenly have an offence to support QB1.

Yep. I'd rather almost over-add weapons/protection for Fields because there are always injury concerns. With how much money franchise QBs are making the Bears MUST give him every chance to prove he is the guy worth tying $40+ mil per year on, otherwise they will need to cut ties and at least put a rookie in a great situation in a few years. They already "wasted" two years of his rookie deal so now they have little more time for a proper evaluation before the extension talks start.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

While that looks good on paper, I can't see a world where Poles trades away that much draft capital for the WR position. That would be a high 2nd and damn near a first for Claypool, probably a 1st for JSN, and hopefully a 3rd or a 4th for DHop. Not to mention that all those receivers will be looking to be paid (outside of JSN). Couple that with the fact we have huge needs everywhere and at other premium positions it just doesn't seem feasible.

Edited by Bigbear72

45 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

While that looks good on paper, I can't see a world where Poles trades away that much draft capital for the WR position. That would be a high 2nd and damn near a first for Claypool, probably a 1st for JSN, and hopefully a 3rd or a 4th for DHop. Not to mention that all those receivers will be looking to be paid (outside of JSN). Couple that with the fact we have huge needs everywhere and at other premium positions it just doesn't seem feasible.

I agree - I think it’s either a big WR trade or a high pick, but not both, and the finances are leading me to think more high pick and a stop gap vet than a huge trade for a guy like Hopkins. I’d 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

dream scenario if we did decide to just keep trading down would be JSN in the slot…trade for Hopkins on the outside…sign Smith if he is released from NE as the move TE…those 3 combined with Kmet inside…Mooney & Claypool as the #2 on the outside and Jones as a joker would make for a hell of an arsenal of weapons…draft another WR later to develop behind Hopkins…then plenty of OL and we suddenly have an offence to support QB1.

Scenario I’ve been toying with a lot is us trading down further than 4 (or twice) and taking JSN R1, and then adding either Musgrave or Kincaid in R2. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

I do think we’ll look back at this exact time almost nostalgically: the time we thought we’d turn the first pick into 8 future first and second round picks, a premier player, and one of Carter and Anderson and we’ll laugh about how ignorant we were thinking we would trade down for anything of significant value. And that we’d be active in free agency, getting premier talent left and right. 

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I do think we’ll look back at this exact time almost nostalgically: the time we thought we’d turn the first pick into 8 future first and second round picks, a premier player, and one of Carter and Anderson and we’ll laugh about how ignorant we were thinking we would trade down for anything of significant value. And that we’d be active in free agency, getting premier talent left and right. 

I'm also waiting to wake up realize that we are the Bears and we can't have nice things. My only hope is that this is a completely new regime and they bring some type of football magic our way. That being said, I'm going to ride this wave until it dumps and drowns me.

12 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Why not?

Seriously? We dont have enough talent that one or two free agents should make us shy away from whoever the Top Prospect is wherever we end up picking.

The only teams that should ever be picking for need are ones who are a few pieces away from a Super Bowl.

QB is really the only spot you pass on best prospect available

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t love him at 8 either, but c’mon, Skoronski is a far better prospect than Whitehair. 

Skronski is good, but he likely projects as a guard for Poles due to arm length.  Probably also why he told Jenkins he had to be a guard so early.

A guard unless he is dominant to level of Q. Nelson is not going in top 10 for Poles.  (If my read on him is correct).

Probably why you won't see him target Kaleb McGrary in FA at OT.  McGrary has short arms.  Poles doesn't like short armed OTs I believe.

Conversely Jawaan Taylor has long arms.  I bet Poles goes after him hard.

I could be wrong obviously.   That is my theory though.

I don't have a ton of data points on Poles yet.   But if I had to bet, I think I am right.

• Like 1

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Seriously? We dont have enough talent that one or two free agents should make us shy away from whoever the Top Prospect is wherever we end up picking.

The only teams that should ever be picking for need are ones who are a few pieces away from a Super Bowl.

QB is really the only spot you pass on best prospect available

Understand that, however, to state that what we do in free agency will have ZERO impact as to what we do in the draft is simply not true. With any business, including running a sports franchise, unless you have infinite resources, resource allocation will always be vital. Cap space, draft picks, and roster spots are all finite resources. Roster composition is important. All these moves will impact each other. So yes, while it might not be the end all be all, it still is important.

18 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Understand that, however, to state that what we do in free agency will have ZERO impact as to what we do in the draft is simply not true. With any business, including running a sports franchise, unless you have infinite resources, resource allocation will always be vital. Cap space, draft picks, and roster spots are all finite resources. Roster composition is important. All these moves will impact each other. So yes, while it might not be the end all be all, it still is important.

I will say this as plainly as I can, there is not one single Free Agent we could sign in 2023 that would make me shy away from any prospect we deem the best on the board in the Top 75 picks of this Draft.

We could sign DreMont Jones, and if its Jalen Carter on the board at #4, Im still taking Carter. We could pick up Taylor/McGlinchey/McGary and if we end up at like 9-14 with Paris Johnson as the clear best (or even later on in the 2nd with Darnell Taylor Available) and Im still taking them

We need the most young, ascending talent that we can assemble. We are coming off the bounce of a rebuild, were not some entrenched team that has just a few holes to fill.