Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

42 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

You and mentioning Keaton Mitchell or me and mentioning Notre Dame, what’s the better combo?

just one of my few "pound the table for" players this draft cycle..... and one that should be easily attainable if he actually goes where he's projected (5th-6th)....

Darnell Washington-TE is one of my other ones, I wouldn't even be upset if he was our first pick (provided it was on a trade down to the 20s or later)

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

Good list, but I'd add Kendre Miller-TCU on there as well....  Had him as a 2-3rd round guy before he messed up his knee in the college playoffs.

He'd probably need to redshirt most or all of this year, but the talent is there, and should probably make him a good value add later in the draft, assuming he passed medicals..

EDIT: Also Keaton Mitchell is a guy I'd pound the table for 5th  and later..... Zone Runner with good instincts like Herbert, but legitimate 4.37 in the 40 speed, 1.48 ten yard split, 38" vert  10'6" broad and most importantly: The ability to catch.   Potential kick returning utility as well..  Downside is he's a lighter guy, so don't expect many broken tackles. He's not a "feature" back, but should be just fine in a split back system, so long as you aren't using him on goal line plays.

Tank bigsby is another guy i would have no problem taking if he were there in the 4th/5th

Chris Rodriguez out of Kentucky intrigues me. Will be a 23 y/o rookie with a history of a dui, average athletic profile that could drop him to rd 7 or later. But his style fits well with a ZBS I think. He makes snap decisions at the line and twitches that send defenders in the wrong direction that creates space in lines that haven’t given any. Average speed but if the position is ignored until then, he wouldn’t be a bad look. 

• Like 1

Puka Nacua is another ~7th round guy with unquestionable sleeper potential. He’s got decent size at 6’2 200. Knows where to attack the ball, knows how to box out dbs, isn’t afraid to catch the ball when a hit in imminent. Great body control and sideline awareness. Smooth runner with avg speed, also runs uninspiring routes. What kills him is injury history and with his rougher play style it’s just something that will continue. I think he could be a good 4th or 5th and STer on the depth chart but I assume 12 games a season is the most you’ll ever get out of him. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Chris Rodriguez out of Kentucky intrigues me. Will be a 23 y/o rookie with a history of a dui, average athletic profile that could drop him to rd 7 or later. But his style fits well with a ZBS I think. He makes snap decisions at the line and twitches that send defenders in the wrong direction that creates space in lines that haven’t given any. Average speed but if the position is ignored until then, he wouldn’t be a bad look. 

Ive been starting him down for a little bit now as a good fit, late in the draft. As a bruiser he would be a great compliment to what Herbert is (if he ends up being a long term part of the offense).

And if we cant get an elite talent at the RB position (Saquon/Bijan) then this type of combo seems to be what we would go after. Rodriguez is also the type that may be able to be slipped on to a Practice Squad for a bit till injury erodes the position group, or till next year when Forman moves on.

epjLTvL.jpg
Fully intended on taking Bijan at 19 in this but he went a pick before me. Trades were 1.9 and 4.103 for 1.19, 3.82 and a 2024 1st. The Bucs got Levis and Mingo with their picks so I think both sides got what they want. I traded down with the Bucs again later on so I could pick up a 6th. 5.148 for 5.175 and 6.196

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

epjLTvL.jpg
Fully intended on taking Bijan at 19 in this but he went a pick before me. Trades were 1.9 and 4.103 for 1.19, 3.82 and a 2024 1st. The Bucs got Levis and Mingo with their picks so I think both sides got what they want. I traded down with the Bucs again later on so I could pick up a 6th. 5.148 for 5.175 and 6.196

Yes a million times

If Levis or Richardson falls to #9

• Round 1, Pick 16         OT Darnell Wright  and DE Montez Sweat (traded from Washington)     
  • Round 2, Pick 53        DT Tomi Adebawore
  • Round 2, Pick 61         OC Luke Wypler
  • Round 3, Pick 64        DT Keeanu Benton
  • Round 4, Pick 103      LB Yasir Abdullah
  • Round 4, Pick 133      DE Yaya Diaby
  • Round 5, Pick 136      CB Riley Moss
  • Round 5, Pick 148      WR Trey Palmer
  • Round 7, Pick 218         S Jordan Howden
  • Round 7, Pick 258*       S Daniel Scott
  • Like 1

Tried a trade down with Houston, 9 for 12 and 65

12 Broderick Jones-RT

53. Jalin Hyatt-WR   *surprised he fell this far, seems too be slipping on most sims lately, worth the shot on upside since we have Moore to be a volume guy while Hyatt tries to take the top off

61. Mazi Smith-DT  *DL depth and potentially can play 3t, but longer term gonna likely replace Billings at NT

64. Joe Tippman-OC

65. Keanu Benton-DT  *DL depth and more 3t versatility. The DL interior is loaded now

103: Isaiah McGuire-Edge   *needed at least one pass rusher on the outside

133. Riley Moss-CB:   *Size, athleticism, and production.

136.  Luke Schooomaker-TE:  *TE depth

148. Keaton Mitchell-RB:  *Depth 3rd down back/weapon. Very explosive but undersized, can take snaps in the "Gadget" role

218. Matt Landers-WR:   *ultra athletic guy, late round flyer

258. Karl Brooks-DT:   *not gonna lie, chose him because he was the only name I recognized on the bottom of the board in the 7th. He had some really good pass rush production but meh RAS and I literally already drafted 2 DTs so probably a wasted pick. But meh, if he can flash, he can be used rotationally.

• Like 4

only because these next 3 days are gonna drag...here's a quick mock i did on pfn. all trades are computer proposed

1.9 - Darnell Wright OT - day 1 starter at RT and hopeful 10-year starter

2.53 - Derrick Hall DE - long player that converts speed to power really well

*Trade* to NE 2.61 and 7.258 for 3.76 and 4.107

3.64 - Keeanu Benton DT - high energy player at 1T that offers pass rush that likely gets unlocked more at next level

3.76 - Gervon Dexter DT - drops because of his inability to get off the line with any kind of quickness, but if he learns that, oh baby

4.107 - Jayden Reed WR - a guy that can fly, catch well and runs clean routes. should be a good compliment WR4 year 1. seemingly has everything poles looks for in a wr

*Trade* to LAC 1.03 and a 2024 6th for 4.125, 5.156, and 6.200

4.125 - Trevius Tomlinson CB - all the bigger guys were gone for value, and he could be a v good slot. length kills him to here

5.133 - Tyjae Spears RB - jamyrr gibbs lite and a quick/fast/shifty player to compliment herbert/freeman

5.136 - Isaiah McGuire DE - another guy similar to hall, long and fast. not sure he falls this fall but great value in 5th

5.148 - Braeden Daniels OG - more depth to throw at line. always take swings

5.156 - luke schoonmaker TE - falls due to how deep the TE class is. he might not do anything great, but is solid all around and should be at worst a #2 in the league for a while

stopped after 5 rounds, but could absolutely live with this with the board falling to me. of course, as a disclaimer, nobody knows what's going to happen, but here we are

• Like 1