Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Roschon Johnson is one that intrigues me. Most analysts are way higher on him than all the mock draft sims. At first I thought it was just Matt Miller (one of my favorites but also a notorious Texas homer), but even Brugler has him as a R3 grade. Most mock sims have him ranked ~150th overall or so. To me he’s very Monty-like in that he’s seemingly pretty solid at most things but not great at anything. Nice player to have, but not one I’d take before the 2nd half of the draft and not one likely to move the needle at the position other than to likely replace Foreman in the rotation in 2024. 

He is a good football player that got stuck behind a better one. 

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:
  • CHI
    Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Will McDonald IV
    EDGE Iowa State
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Steve Avila
    OG TCU

• CHI
    Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State

• CHI
    Sydney Brown
    S Illinois

• CHI
    Tyjae Spears
    RB Tulane

• CHI
    Moro Ojomo
    DT Texas

• CHI
    Michael Wilson
    WR Stanford
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Dorian Williams
    LB Tulane

• CHI
    Roschon Johnson
    RB Texas
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Josh Whyle
    TE Cincinnati
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Payne Durham
    TE Purdue
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Nick Herbig
    EDGE Wisconsin

With the entire 5th round, the Chicago bears select…everyone.

Are we rolling 5 hot at rb this season? 75 carries each? Are we rolling 4-5 hot at TE?

11 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i think he goes in the 4th, and while i like him, i think with foreman in the fold and other needs i would pass for a cb/dt/de/wr/ol instead

It is a tough decision.  I am not sure why they signed a RB with so many good RBs in draft. 

Hard to pass on high end talent if it is just sitting there even if it isn't a position of need.  

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yep. I’m curious to see where he falls in the draft and also curious where he could’ve been valued if he’d transferred to a better opportunity. Would he be in Charbonnet’s tier?

10 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

With the entire 5th round, the Chicago bears select…everyone.

Are we rolling 5 hot at rb this season? 75 carries each? Are we rolling 4-5 hot at TE?

I don't know why they signed RBs this offseason when draft is deep at that position.  I wasn't at that meeting, but I would have been objecting.  

But I am not passing on great talent sitting there super late in draft to draft schlubs at need positions.

Best guys make the team other guys go to practice squad and maybe get yanked.  Or maybe some guys get traded I don't know.  I don't care.   RBs can play special teams.

Figure it out.  

We have room for TEs.  Only two we have to keep are Kmet and Tonyan.  

Edited by dll2000

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:
  • CHI
    Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Will McDonald IV
    EDGE Iowa State
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Steve Avila
    OG TCU

• CHI
    Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State

• CHI
    Sydney Brown
    S Illinois

• CHI
    Tyjae Spears
    RB Tulane

• CHI
    Moro Ojomo
    DT Texas

• CHI
    Michael Wilson
    WR Stanford
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Dorian Williams
    LB Tulane

• CHI
    Roschon Johnson
    RB Texas
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Josh Whyle
    TE Cincinnati
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Payne Durham
    TE Purdue
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Nick Herbig
    EDGE Wisconsin

🍆💦💦💦

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think so too, but without any elite qualities he’s in that Montgomery/Damien Harris tier at best which is a R3 player in an average draft but probably lower in a deep one. I wouldn’t put him ahead of any of Bijan, Gibbs, Charbonnet, Bigsby, Evans or Achane, and I’m not convinced he’s any better a prospect than Chase Brown, Kendre Miller, Sean Tucker, Tyjae Spears, Kenny McIntosh or Eric Gray. That puts him anywhere from RB7-RB13 and has him anywhere from round 4 to round 7. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think so too, but without any elite qualities he’s in that Montgomery/Damien Harris tier at best which is a R3 player in an average draft but probably lower in a deep one. I wouldn’t put him ahead of any of Bijan, Gibbs, Charbonnet, Bigsby, Evans or Achane, and I’m not convinced he’s any better a prospect than Chase Brown, Kendre Miller, Sean Tucker, Tyjae Spears, Kenny McIntosh or Eric Gray. That puts him anywhere from RB7-RB13 and has him anywhere from round 4 to round 7. 

He is a guy who can play in league.  I took Tyjae Spears earlier because I like his upside better.  

I took Roschon in 5th round in that mock.  Seems worth a 5th rounder to me.  Best player I saw available in that mock simulation.   I generally don’t take two RBs in drafts, but a lot of other guys I like were taken in that one.  Board just fell weird.  I do like 10 mocks a day for kicks and giggles.   I post some randomly.

Keep a stable and pipeline of good RBs and you never have to pay one or worry about them getting hurt.  

Make a good Oline and they all look good.  A great one will look great.

• Like 1

round by round rbs i would accept 

rd 1 - bijan (after a big trade down)

rd 2 - gibbs

rd 3 - achane (as an aggie, i have seen this dude BURN people - his speed is different different)

rd 4 - spears

rd 5 - chase brown, roschon

rd 6/7 - havent had the time to delve into the beast yet

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

rd 2 - gibbs

rd 3 - achane (as an aggie, i have seen this dude BURN people - his speed is different different)

rd 4 - spears

I'm fine with one of those 4/5th rounders.  You can do that every two years or so until great athletes catch on and start opting out of playing RB.  

Make a great O line and Spears will look like an all pro.

6 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

rd 2 - gibbs

rd 4 - spears

I'm with you on all of these, but I think Roschon is going to go a lot higher than most think

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

He is a guy who can play in league.  I took Tyjae Spears earlier because I like his upside better.  

I took Roschon in 5th round in that mock.  Seems worth a 5th rounder to me.  Best player I saw available in that mock simulation.   I generally don’t take two RBs in drafts, but a lot of other guys I like were taken in that one.  Board just fell weird.  I do like 10 mocks a day for kicks and giggles.   I post some randomly.

Keep a stable and pipeline of good RBs and you never have to pay one or worry about them getting hurt.  

Make a good Oline and they all look good.  A great one will look great.

I feel like if you have a really deep class at any position then you should look at doubling down. If the class is loaded there you might find a 3rd round valued player at the 4th or 5th, so if it's how your board falls...

As far as RBs if they are serious difference makers I have no issue paying, as long as I'm not paying the QB a ton. I'd give rookie-contract Fields Saquon if I could have, but if I'm paying someone like $30+ mil AAV then no way in hell. You're getting a rb committee and I'm going to keep paying the OL to keep you upright and healthy. 

13 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

rd 2 - gibbs

rd 4 - spears

Good list, but I'd add Kendre Miller-TCU on there as well....  Had him as a 2-3rd round guy before he messed up his knee in the college playoffs.

He'd probably need to redshirt most or all of this year, but the talent is there, and should probably make him a good value add later in the draft, assuming he passed medicals..

EDIT: Also Keaton Mitchell is a guy I'd pound the table for 5th  and later..... Zone Runner with good instincts like Herbert, but legitimate 4.37 in the 40 speed, 1.48 ten yard split, 38" vert  10'6" broad and most importantly: The ability to catch.   Potential kick returning utility as well..  Downside is he's a lighter guy, so don't expect many broken tackles. He's not a "feature" back, but should be just fine in a split back system, so long as you aren't using him on goal line plays.

Edited by Epyon

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'd give rookie-contract Fields Saquon if I could have

Bears where prepping to make a -strong- push for Saquon in FA, if he was actually allowed to hit the market, from the things I'd heard.

• Like 1