Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Going to be a lot of criticism of whatever picks are since people have done so, so many mocks.

I just don't want to leave both draft and FA without one good OT, DL/Edge and C prospect.  

CB is the least important to me compared to those 3 due to who is still available in free agency. 

I want to ensure we land

1. Center (Black hole position where all the options suck)

2. RT (While not quite a black hole, it's not far off that)

3. 1 viable "weapon" for the offense.. RB, WR, TE

Everything beyond that is fine, defense could clearly use some bolstering, but I'd also have OG in there as a sneaky need (I don't think Whitehair or Patrick are here in 2024, and I don't think the team trusts Teven Jenkins' back at all)

Quick mock

bears trade 1.9 for 1.13, 2.42, jets 2024 1st

Packers select 1.9 QB Anthony Richardson 

Bears select 1.13 OT Broderick Jones, 2.42 RB Jahmyr Gibbs, 2.53 DT Keeanu Benton, 2.61 ED Derick Hall

24 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Quick mock

bears trade 1.9 for 1.13, 2.42, jets 2024 1st

Packers select 1.9 QB Anthony Richardson 

Bears select 1.13 OT Broderick Jones, 2.42 RB Jahmyr Gibbs, 2.53 DT Keeanu Benton, 2.61 ED Derick Hall

I love our first 4 picks in that scenario, but you do realize that if we trade Green Bay a pick that they use on QB, he's going to the hall of fame right?

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I love our first 4 picks in that scenario, but you do realize that if we trade Green Bay a pick that they use on QB, he's going to the hall of fame right?

If Anthony Richardson does anything in this league, I will admit I know nothing about football. 

Biggest risks in this draft:  

Leaving without one of the top tackles as the quality drops in a hurry, either in terms of potential or ready-now ability, and the Bears left a big hole open at RT

Leaving without high potential starters all along the DL

Not getting depth  and taking swings at deep positions in this particular draft: WR, CB, LB, OC.  The top need out of the groups that have good depth through the draft is OC.  For as missing as our RT is right now, OC is almost as big of a need.  What we have is iffy at best, as Whitehair and Patrick both have looked rather ****ty and/or washed. 

Trading down too far: What happens if the Bears trade back out of 9 as only one OT goes ahead of them, and then all the tackles run out before they draft again?  No matter whether Poles intended to go OT or not with his traded-back-pick, it's going to look really stupid especially if we don't get production from whoever we bring in. 

Anyway here's my stab at it:

Loved the top of the second so took a risk and traded to the Jets (with GBs pick!) and picked up 43.  Johnson was already gone, and then Johnson and Skoronski go before my pick, but luckily Wright is there.  Could easily go the other way with lots of needy teams ahead of 15!

Darnell Wright

OT Tennessee

At 45, there are nice trades coming in but taking a risk is easier when the picks are in the 30s and I grab Bryan Breese.  Can't pronounce his name but love the toughness and think he could be the "engine of the defense" (gag) as well as moving along the DL if needed. 

Bryan Bresee

DT Clemson

People will say pick 58 was embarassing with how fast I ran to the strage to grab Joe Tippman. He moves like a smaller faster guy but is OT sized and we finally have our guards playing guard and Lucas Patrick can leave. 

Joe Tippmann

Again the trade offers are there but our pass rush stunk, and here's a guy who doesn't.  While he needs a lot of refinement in coverage and on run plays the pass rush highlights are worth it and this is a reminder of how deep some positions are in this draft. 

Derick Hall

EDGE Auburn

At 64 I would love some of those sweet trade offers but they're all coming in with far future or washed up players, so I grab a safe DL to provide some insurance and rotation for the Breeze pick. 

Keeanu Benton

DT Wisconsin

At 103 I would love another trade or to start getting depth and developmental guys at WR or CB but instead there's a RB prospect who I think would help the Bears and be explosive in a way that Montogomery never was 

Kendre Miller

RB TCU

At 133 I can't resist the idea that the Bears could actually be strong on the OL and grab a developmental guy in Wanya Morris.  If I was doing a "cool name" draft I would have taken him much higher. 

Wanya Morris

OT Oklahoma

At 136 it's time to take more risks and get a massive WR who had incomplete college production but could work into being the guy to catch hero balls 40 yds downfield from Fields if the above OL can give him a minute

Bryce Ford-Wheaton

WR West Virginia

Then I drafted a bunch of guys: 

DeMarvion Overshown

LB Texas

Tommy DeVito

QB Illinois (sorry but this guy seems destined to be Chase Daniel)

26 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Biggest risks in this draft:  

Leaving without one of the top tackles as the quality drops in a hurry, either in terms of potential or ready-now ability, and the Bears left a big hole open at RT

If we don’t take an OT in R1 there really needs to be an immediate post-draft move on one of the last remaining starting caliber tackles left out there (stop gap options), whether that’s Fant, Wynn or maybe Donovan Smith (haven’t seen much about him but he was a solid starter before 2022, seemingly played hurt much of last year and is just 29). Next year’s draft should have two ELITE LT prospects in Fashanu and Alt who Poles may like way more than this year’s group, and with 2 firsts next year we will probably have a good shot at getting one of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we don’t take an OT in R1 there really needs to be an immediate post-draft move on one of the last remaining starting caliber tackles left out there (stop gap options), whether that’s Fant, Wynn or maybe Donovan Smith (haven’t seen much about him but he was a solid starter before 2022, seemingly played hurt much of last year and is just 29). Next year’s draft should have two ELITE LT prospects in Fashanu and Alt who Poles may like way more than this year’s group, and with 2 firsts next year we will probably have a good shot at getting one of them. 

Yeah but what about 2024? If Fields gets totally killed in 2023 we should have a really high pick and maybe get both tackles to protect his fond memory

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Yeah but what about 2024? If Fields gets totally killed in 2023 we should have a really high pick and maybe get both tackles to protect his fond memory

You guys generally act like hes the precious little glass figurine that cant even be touched

• Like 2