2023 49ers offseason thread: Wilks to be new DC

49erscap

14 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Also, no to Kirk Thuggins. Good QB, but as a fan I want Lynch/Kyle to put their faith in one of the youngsters injury luck be damned. If Purdy can really start throwing in 3 months, dynamite. If he can be ready by training camp, then it should be full steam ahead. Trey will have also gained more momentum by that point. 

I am with you there. If he was a FA and wasnt going to cost 40m? sure, but that is not the reality. 

Interesting that middlekauff said he'd trade Trey for a second even with the Purdy injury. That guy really has no hope for Trey at all lol

Haberman said he doesn't have a lot of faith in Trey becoming a top ten QB, but wouldn't move him just because of the injuries and whatnot

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting that middlekauff said he'd trade Trey for a second even with the Purdy injury. That guy really has no hope for Trey at all lol

Haberman said he doesn't have a lot of faith in Trey becoming a top ten QB, but wouldn't move him just because of the injuries and whatnot

Another dude linked to Colin Cowherd and another guy who has completely changed his tune regarding Trey...He wasn't always like this, even after attending a few of his training camp practices.

Trading Trey for a 2nd round pick with the uncertainty we have with Purdy would be stupid. You just let those two battle it out and may the best man win. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really like the pod, but he’s insufferable with Trey. He really doesn’t believe he does anything well, despite the insanely small sample size. He’s just done. Trading Trey for anything less than a first is a mistake, and given the injury, I’d argue that’s even a mistake.

a trey trade only makes sense if you’re getting Aaron. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't even know what Trey Lance's trade value is.  I'd say maybe like a SRP plus a conditional pick in '24?

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I don't even know what Trey Lance's trade value is.  I'd say maybe like a SRP plus a conditional pick in '24?

This would be my projection. I understand a team offering it, I understand turning it down if you're the niners (and the Purdy injury makes it even harder to accept)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

This would be my projection. I understand a team offering it, I understand turning it down if you're the niners (and the Purdy injury makes it even harder to accept)

I don't think Trey Lance has quite the trade value that ET assigned to him a few days ago.  I think the 49ers would need to know how long Aaron Rodgers planned on playing.  Because if it's a one-and-done situation than the timeline would match up well with Brock Purdy's return.  Just spitballing here.

Packers Get: #33, 49ers '24 Pick(s)
49ers Get: QB Aaron Rodgers, #65
Texans Get: QB Trey Lance

From Green Bay's perspective, that feels pretty light unless that future pick is the 49ers' FRP.  And even then, there's probably an AFC team that can pay something similar.  Possibly include conditionals picks that upgrade picks for San Francisco and Green Bay based on Trey Lance.  Like if Lance plays in 90%+ of the offensive snaps, the Packers get Houston's SRP, San Francisco gets Green Bay's 3rd round pick, and Houston gets SF's 4th round pick.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

FIFY

If you could somehow find the draft capital and cap space to make it happen Lamar in Shanahan's offense with CMC/Mitchell/Juice/Deebo/Aiyuk/Kittle/Trent would be unstoppable for the one game they're all healthy

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 1

I'll never understand the "fire shanny" take. It's incredibly hard to win even a single superbowl. Sometimes the stars have to align to win even one of them. But half this fanbase expects him to have multiple at this point. I'd love to see a ratio of how many total coaches of all time vs how many have won multiple superbowls.

Frankly I don't see how this lose was on Shanny.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Geek said:

Frankly I don't see how this lose was on Shanny.

Doesn't matter. I need to be able to brag at the water cooler the next day at work, and take pride in an accomplishment that I had nothing to do with. Shanahan is getting in the way of me living vicariously through others. WHAT ABOUT ME FAM!!!??? WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEE!!!??? :P

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1