San Francisco 49ers @ Las Vegas Raiders GDT

Nightmare

Offense played really hard today, and Stidham did especially well in a tough spot. He looked composed and was able to make things happen when the play broke down.

Defense… ehh. I know SF are tough to play against with their run-heavy style, but that was pretty ugly today.

A surprisingly enjoyable game to watch and nowhere near the doom & gloom type of performance I expected.

• Like 2

This will be controversial (only because of how polar the topic is around here) but I feel like it’s true:

Carr isn’t the right QB for McDaniel’s system.   That doesn’t mean Carr isn’t a good starting QB.  He’ll find success at his next stop.  
Stidham will be a nice stop gap QB.  But if we’re going to try and move up to take CJ Stroud (Bryce Young will go #1 IMO, Will Levis isn’t a match for this system) he needs to fit McDaniels system.  McDaniels isn’t the guy who will tailor his system to the QB, he thinks his system is perfect and we’ll win if his game plan is carried out correctly.  

So whatever QB we bring in he’s gotta fit McDaniels system perfectly.  Idk if that’s Stroud to be quite honest.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Chiefs, Bills, etc give up 30+ all the time. Having a Franchise QB is everything. 5x more important than defense. 

They've combined for 2 games this season where they gave up more than. 30 and are 1-1. We've done so 3 times and are 1-2. 

But tell me again how they do it all the time and overcome it.....

I'll wait. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

This will be controversial (only because of how polar the topic is around here) but I feel like it’s true:

Carr isn’t the right QB for McDaniel’s system.   That doesn’t mean Carr isn’t a good starting QB.  He’ll find success at his next stop.  
Stidham will be a nice stop gap QB.  But if we’re going to try and move up to take CJ Stroud (Bryce Young will go #1 IMO, Will Levis isn’t a match for this system) he needs to fit McDaniels system.  McDaniels isn’t the guy who will tailor his system to the QB, he thinks his system is perfect and we’ll win if his game plan is carried out correctly.  

So whatever QB we bring in he’s gotta fit McDaniels system perfectly.  Idk if that’s Stroud to be quite honest.

Stroud would be the only high ranking QB that might fit McDummy's system IMO.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let’s see how the KC game goes. 

I think we need to see Stidham do more then make plays like he did today.  If he’s going to get any serious consideration for starting next year he’s got to prove he can drop back and win inside the pocket consistently, picking apart the defense.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Playboy welcome back 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think this at least shows you have to give the young kid Stidham a chance, he’s earned that at least. Great to see him moving around back there too and  he played as if he had nothing to lose (which he didn’t) though the 49ers probably didn’t have much film on him he still showed skill and guts. Likely it’s just a flash in the pan but you never know, so we have to give the kid a shot now IMO.

I don’t think the future is that bleak, we’ve got to get a real DT in and a new CB and a couple OLine and we could be pretty competitive.

I’d agree we have had enough close games this year to show we are competitive but DT and secondary definitely needs additions.

Have to see how Stidham goes against the Chiefs but if he plays well that could be a huge bonus for next year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

No need to bring up the QB no longer on the team. Someone said Carr was the reason the defense sucked and that's what is being referenced 

We all know the defense sucks maybe except for the guy you are talking about. But if Carr could run the offense like this and actually score points in the 2nd half it would have lead to 2-4 more wins.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Stidham played a heck of a game, no doubt about it but he is not the long term answer nor should he start next year.  It was one game, let's not get ahead of ourselves but he can clearly be a serviceable backup.  

Our D once again collapsed which it not shocking.  They are just so terrible.  

4 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Stroud would be the only high ranking QB that might fit McDummy's system IMO.

I’m not saying he is or isn’t.  I’m simply saying the question of whether we try and go the route of drafting a QB high this year comes down to Stroud being available at a realistic trade up cost and if he fit the system.  I haven’t seriously evaluated Stroud being a QB for McDaniels.