San Francisco 49ers @ Las Vegas Raiders GDT

Nightmare

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

I think stidham in mcdaniels system could be a high side stop gap. Like geno Smith this year. Geno was nothing more than a backup to just about everybody until this year. In mcdaniels system I think he can be that. Good enough to not make you rush to trade up for a qb. I think mills could be the same in right system. 

Yeah it's possible for sure. It puts you in a better position in the off-season when you don't have to pay as much for a quarterback you can use that money to build up other parts of the roster

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah it's possible for sure. It puts you in a better position in the off-season when you don't have to pay as much for a quarterback you can use that money to build up other parts of the roster

In a perfect world. He becomes that, while you build up roster. Than once roster ready you swing for fences on a qb. Or a developmental guy you liked falls to you in one of the drafts and he becomes ready. Than trade stiddy for assets if he has performed well enough. That's absolutely perfect world though.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

In a perfect world. He becomes that, while you build up roster. Than once roster ready you swing for fences on a qb. Or a developmental guy you liked falls to you in one of the drafts and he becomes ready. Than trade stiddy for assets if he has performed well enough. That's absolutely perfect world though.  

Yeah because like when I mentioned yesterday about getting someone like Garoppolo is that's gonna cost money and it doesn't solve the problem of we don't play defense and we don't block so it's just gonna expose it more if anything else. If you're gonna do this thing right you have to not force drafting a quarterback out of need so that you can get the right one naturally meanwhile getting the proper stopgap starter for next year. That's the best bet. Getting someone like Brady in theory would just set us back because he's not a long-term solution

This loss was probably the best outcome that could’ve happened 

hopefully some other team sees another blown lead and that our D cannot make a stop when it matters, and think Carr with a better D could do something. 

Stidham showed he knows the system, and can compete for a shot to start next season. May not be as desperate for a qb. 

cleary our D needs to be overhauled. Hopefully graham gone too. 

I don’t love JMD, but we moved the ball amazingly against a great d. 

looknforward to watch Stidham next week

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

This loss was probably the best outcome that could’ve happened 

hopefully some other team sees another blown lead and that our D cannot make a stop when it matters, and think Carr with a better D could do something. 

Stidham showed he knows the system, and can compete for a shot to start next season. May not be as desperate for a qb. 

cleary our D needs to be overhauled. Hopefully graham gone too. 

I don’t love JMD, but we moved the ball amazingly against a great d. 

looknforward to watch Stidham next week

Today was a good day. Darnold folded, Mike white folded and Carson wentz folded. That is 3 teams that could be I'm the carr race. All eliminated cause of bad qb play. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mike white surprised me the most. Jets are the most needy of the 3 imho 

Imagine if the Jets had the #1 pick that year. Trevor Lawrence with that defense and offensive cast. Jesus. One pick makes all the difference sometimes. That's why us losing is crucial. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Imagine if the Jets had the #1 pick that year. Trevor Lawrence with that defense and offensive cast. Jesus. One pick makes all the difference sometimes. That's why us losing is crucial. 

That's why I don't like the whole quarterback draft hunt thing. Because one spot means the difference between Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What Carr would have done is pure speculation. Stidham played well today and that’s great but he’s not the long term answer. 

it will likely be an open competition next year and sure let Stidham compete but he will not and should not win the job. 

I do agree that carr was not great at extending plays but there’s way more to qb play than play extension. Your boy Russ can extend plays but has played like **** this year. 

You're right there is way more to QB play and Carr is lacking in alot of it.

• Like 1

That was a great game. Our defense was awful as expected and couldn't be relied on to win per usual...

But Stidham surprised me with his pocket presence and did not show any signs of fear facing the league's #1 defense. Our offense looked really good and I can see now the possibility of Stidham being the starter next year. I knew he had a good grasp of McDaniel's system already, but I did not expect to see the pocket presence that he displayed, as well as confidence in throwing to our top playmakers. Was glad to see Waller get involved more and high point a few catches. 

Not upset about the INTs because they were not really his fault. If Stidham can play like this consistently then I have no problem with him being our QB next year. The fact that he did this against the #1 defense is impressive, but it is just one game (with not a lot of pressure to win since we are basically out of the playoff race, <1% chance?) and I'm going to try and contain my excitement a bit. It's been quite an emotional week.

I did question the early and frequent use of Bolden instead of Jacobs. There were a few drives in the 2nd half where I was like wtf why isn't Jacobs out there?

Edited by RaisinBran
  • Like 1