BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

They tried to tell me that the issue wasn't their issue to fix as they didn't have the legal right to add a particular master contract to a project to dictate T&Cs.  I told them fine, but they had my authority to do it, so they either needed to do it or show me how cause they've kept how to do it a closely-guarded secret.  And after I won that fight, they figured out it was in fact a problem on their end and they needed to figure how to fix it.

if only people would just do what I told them...

Home Alone Kevin GIF

I mean also, if Whicker didn't bid, I would've gotten Hurts at 25k which would have been an absolute steal. So bidding to 40k, even if I was going to match it, was advantageous to him in terms of taking away 15k more of a divisional rival's cap space.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

it's a no downside move

He either

A.  Lands Hurts or

B Takes away a competitors cap space to make moves in FA

All Rack gains is saving a potential three up next season

I already pointed out that A wasn't going to happen at that amount based on how Rack approached the offseason, and Whicker is saying he doesn't care about B. Hence my confusion.

I think it's more complicated for Rack than that, but it's not worth talking about or arguing over. What Rack gets out of it is pretty irrelevant to Whicker, by his own admission.

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I mean also, if Whicker didn't bid, I would've gotten Hurts at 25k which would have been an absolute steal. So bidding to 40k, even if I was going to match it, was advantageous to him in terms of taking away 15k more of a divisional rival's cap space.

I'd have bid on him before I let that happen.

• Like 3

Post-RFA Trading Block
WR Diontae Johnson (3U&O)
WR Tyler Boyd
WR Dyami Brown
OG Quenton Nelson (3U&O)
OG Robert Hunt
INT Javon Kinlaw

I am not actively shopping Trevor Lawrence, but I have received one offer already so I am willing to listen. It would take a very, very good haul to get me to ship him this offseason vs next offseason though so don't come at me with a lowball.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'd have bid on him before I let that happen.

That's still kind of my point. Someone was likely going to bid me to a number at least close to Whicker's even if he didn't himself. So once that first bid was set at 25k, someone was going to up that number for me if for no other reason than to make me pay market price. It just happened to be Whicker here and that price happened to be 40k regardless if he thought I was going to match or not.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rackcs said:

That's still kind of my point. Someone was likely going to bid me to a number at least close to Whicker's even if he didn't himself. So once that first bid was set at 25k, someone was going to up that number for me if for no other reason than to make me pay market price. It just happened to be Whicker here and that price happened to be 40k regardless if he thought I was going to match or not.

And I doubt I'd have gone above that amount.

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Honestly surprised you didn't bid

I'd rather draft Stroud and spend the 40k on Jordan Love so I can watch two QBs on my roster implode.

• Like 1