BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

BTW this is not me pooping on ekeler. He's fine. But the offensive line was suspect before the slater injury made it a dumpster fire.  Eventually they abandoned the run besides using it to catch the defense off guard cause the line couldn't open any holes any other way

I actually love Ekeler. He’s an elite RB in todays game. Certainly LA’s OL could be better but he’s the type of guy who’s actually worth paying 10-12 million a year bc his involvement in the receiving game is 2nd to none. He’s also about league average or better as a runner and can take on value. 

Those type of players are the hard ones to find.

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

BTW this is not me pooping on ekeler. He's fine. But the offensive line was suspect before the slater injury made it a dumpster fire.  Eventually they abandoned the run besides using it to catch the defense off guard cause the line couldn't open any holes any other way

I still found that Hurts/Herbert comparison odd. I think their both fine players. Herbert’s play style is probably the one to lead to more success over a 10-12 year stretch but Hurts is an elite player to have for the next 4 years.

He was prolific this year and deserves the credit, damned the loaded skill around him.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

My favorite thing about stats is you can manipulate them in so many ways. 

Like Herbert finishing with a 6.8 YPA this season, right there with iconic names like Matt Ryan and Mac Jones.

Or Ekeler’s 4.4 YPC (on infinitely more volume then Freeman) being sandwiched with names Jonathan Taylor, Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, and Dameon Pierce. 

Oh and Herbert has no fault whatsoever in LA’s blowing of their wildcard game. It was just literally everyone else and he couldn’t elevate his team but it’s still everyone else’s fault and he should be sparred completely.

Jalen Hurts certainly would’ve lost that game too w the Chargers offense!

20 rushes for 55 yards in the playoff game by running backs. The fact it was that close is entirely Herbert

Just now, bcb1213 said:

20 rushes for 55 yards in the playoff game by running backs. The fact it was that close is entirely Herbert

There are plenty of people to blame. We also know Mike Williams was out.

But yes Herbert without question deserves some blame for that. He gets the credit for the wins, right?

Goes both ways.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I still found that Hurts/Herbert comparison odd. I think their both fine players. Herbert’s play style is probably the one to lead to more success over a 10-12 year stretch but Hurts is an elite player to have for the next 4 years.

He was prolific this year and deserves the credit, damned the loaded skill around him.

And again I'm not knocking hurts. But not only does he have elite weapons, he had an elite o line.  Did he take advantage of those, absolutely, as you'd expect a great qb to do

• Like 1