BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

11 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Yes yes the BDL downtime is very boring. But then when an event comes around I’ll get bitched at for taking my full allotted time because it needs to go faster 

it's a hurry up and wait kinda group i think

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Nothing says successful running game like 600 yards a season

1,816 rushing yards on a 4.4 YPC and 25 rushing TDs over the last two years.

I’m pretty sure those totals are just every day RB production for most QBs. Herbert gets no help from the Chargers RBs.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

All the elite QBs have better supporting from their running game then Herbert!

Lol imagine using td to determine elite. I guess you'd want Jamaal Williams over every RB in the NFL then and zeke is also now still a top 5 nfl RB

In other news, the chargers finished 30th in rushing yards last season with ekeler averaging the same amount per carry as super stud Donta foreman

14 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Lol imagine using td to determine elite. I guess you'd want Jamaal Williams over every RB in the NFL then and zeke is also now still a top 5 nfl RB

In other news, the chargers finished 30th in rushing yards last season with ekeler averaging the same amount per carry as super stud Donta foreman

My favorite thing about stats is you can manipulate them in so many ways. 

Like Herbert finishing with a 6.8 YPA this season, right there with iconic names like Matt Ryan and Mac Jones.

Or Ekeler’s 4.4 YPC (on infinitely more volume then Freeman) being sandwiched with names Jonathan Taylor, Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, and Dameon Pierce. 

Oh and Herbert has no fault whatsoever in LA’s blowing of their wildcard game. It was just literally everyone else and he couldn’t elevate his team but it’s still everyone else’s fault and he should be sparred completely.

Jalen Hurts certainly would’ve lost that game too w the Chargers offense!

Edited by MD4L