BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

TE positional rankings day. I feel like this will be the least controversial one but who knows.

TE

1. Seoul- Travis Kelce, Pat Friermeuth 

The best TE in football with a good starting TE behind him makes this far and away the best room in the league

1. Raleigh- Mark Andrews, Robert Tonyan

Mark Andrews is 2nd only to Kelce and Tonyan is a useful backup

1. Berlin- Dallas Goedart, Darnell Washington, Teagen Quitoranio

Goedart is in the conversation to be the 3rd best TE in the league and Washington has good physical upside.

1. Baltimore- George Kittle, Conner Heyward

Kittle is great when healthy but I’m not sure what TF a Conner Heyward is

1. Hungary- TJ Hockenson, Ian Thomas, Daniel Bellinger, Zach Kuntz

Hockenson showed his ability after he got traded to the Vikings, but I’d still put him behind all the above TE’s.

1. Ivory Coast- Evan Engram, Albert O, Tre McKitty, Brenton Strange, Brevin Jordan

Will the real Evan Engram please stand up? His variability from year to year puts him behind the rest of the guys.

1. Singapore- Darren Waller, Sam LaPorta, Irv Smith, Donald Parham

I don’t think Waller is an elite TE anymore, but I am very intrigued by LaPorta. Irv Smith and Parham have upside.

1. New Orleans- Dalton Schultz, Hayden Hurst, Jake Ferguson, Luke Schoonmaker

This is a low upside but high floor group. Schultz and Hurst are going to give the offense reliable play from the TE position. Ferguson had some good flashes as a rookie. 

1. Lancaster- Greg Dulcich, Tucker Kraft, Chig Okonkwo

Two of the better younger TE’s in Dulcich and Chig makes this a group that can rise up the rankings as the year plays out.

1. Anchorage- David Njoku, Tommy Tremble, Cole Turner, Isaiah Likely

Njoku has had a ride of a career so far but looks like he is starting to live up expectations. Likely is an interesting piece as well.

1. Camden- Kyle Pitts 

Given what Pitts has shown so far, it’s hard to put Camden any higher on him alone. 

1. Cancun- Mike Gesicki, Foster Moreau, Michael Mayer, Charlie Kolar

I’m not very high on Gesicki (incoming 45 minute rant from Blue about how good he is) Moreau has been fine in spot duty and there is nothing proven after that. 

1. Gotham- Adam Trautman, Jawan Johnson

Johnson has shown some good flashes especially when it comes to catching TD’s. I’d be on the hunt for a more reliable TE 1 if I’m Gotham.

1. Greenland- Cole Kmet

Kmet has shown to be a decent player in the league.

1. Rome- Dalton Kincaid, Luke Musgrave, Cade Otten

Staying consistent with pushing position groups relying on rookies down the ranks. I am very interested in seeing what Kincaid does in year 1. 

1. Cuba- Jelani Woods

Woods didn’t really show enough in year 1 to move Cuba out of the bottom spot.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Given what Pitts has shown so far, it’s hard to put Camden any higher on him alone. 

Pitts in his rookie year had more yards than all Lancaster TEs combined.

I understand the frustration relative to his usage and his performance last year, but let's not act like his hype is about traits alone. His rookie year was the 2nd best in history in yardage. He's shown enough already

• Like 1