The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Urgg.

Let’s face facts at this point… if Brady doesn’t retire, he’s likely our starting QB next year. 

I’m fine with it as long as Tom has ZERO input on the draft. Like if Tom doesn’t want us to draft a QB in the 1st, too damn bad Tom… you have one good season left at best (does he even have that?) and if Tom leads us to the playoffs next year, then we are out of range for a QB for 2024 picking in the 20’s. 

Something like Brady 2023 and Levis/Young/Stroud 2024. I’m fine with that. I do NOT want Brady for two years. However, you know Tom is going to want a two year commitment. He’s not gonna wanna do the process of a new team just for one season. 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Cannot wait for Brady to come. He may not be the QB he was and that’s perfectly fine. The Raiders need a QB who gonna change the culture. Who’s gonna set a standard for how you show up. How you practice. How you prepare. 

I will admit, even if I think he’s slightly washed and around the 9th-10th best QB in the league, I’ll still get a Brady Raider jersey just because he became a Raider. The man is the GOAT. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Something like Brady 2023 and Levis/Young/Stroud 2024. I’m fine with that. I do NOT want Brady for two years. However, you know Tom is going to want a two year commitment. He’s not gonna wanna do the process of a new team just for one season. 

I'd be great with this. Problem is, everyone around the organization says they're hearing the raiders would no way pick a QB at #7 if Brady comes, as they'd need as many impact players to win now. Which just means we're back to square one next year....or as many are reporting, were left with whatever QB we pick in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round that we've chosen to develop. Which is apparently the direction McDaniels and Zeigler want to go in. I'd be very underwhelmed going into 2024 with a mid round QB plan. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'd be great with this. Problem is, everyone around the organization says they're hearing the raiders would no way pick a QB at #7 if Brady comes, as they'd need as many impact players to win now. Which just means we're back to square one next year....or as many are reporting, were left with whatever QB we pick in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round that we've chosen to develop. Which is apparently the direction McDaniels and Zeigler want to go in. I'd be very underwhelmed going into 2024 with a mid round QB plan. 

Yep. Unless we win a SB first year (very unlikely) getting Brady and delaying the inevitable wasn’t worth it. I mean we can be one of three teams to have a claim that we had the GOAT on our team, which is pretty cool TBH, but I’m here chasing rings, not shiny consolation prizes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NickButera said:

Most likely, the top 3 guys (Young, Levis, Stroud) go before 7 so it's a moot point. Trading up for a QB with obvious flaws would be a mistake when you have so many needs elsewhere. 

The 2024 QB class looks miles better right now and may be worth trading to get one. 

Maybe Pats move off Mac Jones after next season.

There are a lot of moving parts to the QBOTF argument. I don't think forcing one in this draft class is the best idea regardless.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Cannot wait for Brady to come. He may not be the QB he was and that’s perfectly fine. The Raiders need a QB who gonna change the culture. Who’s gonna set a standard for how you show up. How you practice. How you prepare. 

So delusional like Mark Davis lol

On 1/19/2023 at 9:24 PM, NickButera said:

I've opened up to the idea of Tom Brady / CJ Stroud. I agree that it's unlikely though, I don't see us investing that much into QB but we should consider it. 

I think two dark horse options for us could be Jordan Love or Trey Lance. 

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've opened up to the idea of Tom Brady / CJ Stroud. I agree that it's unlikely though, I don't see us investing that much into QB but we should consider it. 

I think two dark horse options for us could be Jordan Love or Trey Lance. 

I didn’t wanna bring up Love because I’ll get way too many replies, but if he’s cheap and on the trade block, he’s actually a decent option. The last game he played he looked good for once. 3 years learning in the NFL now as well. Plus finally has gotten tons of praise from the Packers coaching staff. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I didn’t wanna bring up Love because I’ll get way too many replies, but if he’s cheap and on the trade block, he’s actually a decent option. The last game he played he looked good for once. 3 years learning in the NFL now as well. Plus finally has gotten tons of praise from the Packers coaching staff. 

I'd be cool with buying low on Jordan Love, we'd have him under team control for at least two years on his rookie deal. Could be the perfect addition from a value standpoint, he'd allow us to aggressively address other positions in free agency. I wonder what they'd be looking for in return.

• Like 1