The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Carr going to the Saints is perfect for us fans. Means if the Jets don’t land Rodgers which they won’t cause he’s going back to GB. The Jets will have to be aggressive for Jimmy G and us fans don’t have to deal with that BS 

This is huge because we're either going to sign Rodgers, or draft a QB at 7. Both of those were my top choices. 

• Like 3

So much uncertainty in the QB market this off-season.

Would anyone be surprised if Brady actually did come back? And now there’s rumors Phil Rivers wants to come out of retirement as well… it’s all getting too much.

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rumors going around that the Ravens might hit Lamar with the non-exclusive tag. So we could potentially acquire him for 2 FRPs if we signed him and they don't match.

It's gonna take 3 FRPs minimum to get into those discussion.  And the Ravens are going to trade him to the NFC.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It's gonna take 3 FRPs minimum to get into those discussion.  And the Ravens are going to trade him to the NFC.

If they hit him with the non-exclusive tag he'd be free to negotiate with any other team in the league, the Ravens would have the option to match any deal he signs or let him walk and receive 2 FRPs.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If they hit him with the non-exclusive tag he'd be free to negotiate with any other team in the league, the Ravens would have the option to match any deal he signs or let him walk and receive 2 FRPs.

Correct. Under CBA, non exclusive tagged players can sign a deal somewhere else, and Ravens have less than a week to match or receive 2 FRPs. It doesn’t get used a lot anymore in the NFL anymore but it is there

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I could have sworn that you had to have 2 FRPs in order to sign a tagged player, but I can't find anything to back that up.  And I'd put good amount of money that it'll be the exclusive franchise tag applied.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I could have sworn that you had to have 2 FRPs in order to sign a tagged player, but I can't find anything to back that up.  And I'd put good amount of money that it'll be the exclusive franchise tag applied.

You have to give up your current FRP and FRP in the following draft if the team doesn't match it.