The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If it’s Jimmy G then I rather not draft a QB till the 3rd or later. Most likely 4th round so it still opens the door for a QB in 24 with Caleb and Maye. 

Jimmy G really is out worst nightmare 

Jimmy is the same thing as Carr, he’ll keep us 7-8 wins and out of range of a top QB. 

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jimmy is the same thing as Carr, he’ll keep us 7-8 wins and out of range of a top QB. 

Actually he’d be hurt for 13 games out of the year and we’d be closer to 3 or 4 wins.

49 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I bet we drafted Jimmy G and throw a dart at whichever quarterback falls to us at 7

Jimmy G is a bum and would inspire no one to come here.  If we roll into the season with him at QB it will be just as I have predicted a 4ish win season. 

Free agency will be rough and the only way to right the ship is to build a solid foundation with have multiple A+ drafts.  No pressure considering our draft grade over the last 20 years has been an F. 

All the nonsense on here about Brady, Rodgers and Jackson is just unrealistic fans grasping at straws.  Jackson is a fantastic athlete who can't play QB.  The odds of Jackson coming here are ZERO and rightfully so.  Let some other team make that mistake.  

The biggest offseason questions are this....

Will JM survive a 4ish win season?

Will DZ survive?

Will JJ hold out and demand a trade without a long term deal? 

Will we clean house and trade JJ, Adams, Waller, Renfrow or some combo of the group?

How will a 31 year old Adams react when he is faced with a 4ish win season and a Qb who is trash? Will he hold out and demand a trade?

How will this front office and organization be precieved in free agency?  

How is JM perceived around the league by agents and players?  From everything I have heard, the answer is not well.

We have been the laughing stock of the NFL for over 20 years but how bad has the Carr situation hurt the organization?  My guess is tremendously but the word around the league was that this organization has been incompetent for decades and this situation has reinforced that nothing has changed wit the new regime. 

Other agents and teams are laughing at us.  Signing Carr to an extension when we didn't have to, paying him more that he would have made on his original deal, incorporating a NTC into the contract giving Carr all the power, benching him, letting him walk and receiving nothing in compensation then incurring a 6M cap hit for the upcoming season is incompetence at it's finest.  If anyone on here thinks this is a good look or that this is perceived by anything short of incompetence by other teams, agents or players and won't hurt us in free agency is flat out delusional. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Jimmy G is a bum and would inspire no one to come here.  If we roll into the season with him at QB it will be just as I have predicted a 4ish win season. 

Free agency will be rough and the only way to right the ship is to build a solid foundation with have multiple A+ drafts.  No pressure considering our draft grade over the last 20 years has been an F. 

All the nonsense on here about Brady, Rodgers and Jackson is just unrealistic fans grasping at straws.  Jackson is a fantastic athlete who can't play QB.  The odds of Jackson coming here are ZERO and rightfully so.  Let some other team make that mistake.  

Will DZ survive?

Will we clean house and trade JJ, Adams, Waller, Renfrow or some combo of the group?

How will a 31 year old Adams react when he is faced with a 4ish win season and a Qb who is trash? Will he hold out and demand a trade?

How is JM perceived around the league by agents and players?  From everything I have heard, the answer is not well.

We have been the laughing stock of the NFL for over 20 years but how bad has the Carr situation hurt the organization?  My guess is tremendously but the word around the league was that this organization has been incompetent for decades and this situation has reinforced that nothing has changed wit the new regime. 

Other agents and teams are laughing at us.  Signing Carr to an extension when we didn't have to, paying him more that he would have made on his original deal, incorporating a NTC into the contract giving Carr all the power, benching him, letting him walk and receiving nothing in compensation then incurring a 6M cap hit for the upcoming season is incompetence at it's finest.  If anyone on here thinks this is a good look or that this is perceived by anything short of incompetence by other teams, agents or players and won't hurt us in free agency is flat out delusional. 

You know maybe that's what they want. Show me they want to be sorry next year so they can have a chance at like Caleb Williams or something. It's really the only move that makes sense

Edited by Jeremy408

Any QB we add will come with some type of risk/reward. There’s not a perfect scenario 

Draft a QB

Risk- May take time to develop/ might be a lemon bust

Reward-

Elite Skills/ Upside / potential to be a star

Low Salary cap hit for 5 seasons allows to overload team via FA

Sign a Vet

Risk - Limited upside/ High Salary / Middle of the road results. Keeps team average from acquiring top QB talent and limited FA resources

Reward- Ready to play day 1/ Gives time to keep team competitive while developing QB / Gives team stability 

Trade for Star

Risk- Costs draft capital/ High Salary

Reward- Elite play/ Ability to make up for team weaknesses / Could have team in title contention/ FAs wanna join team 

Edited by bucksavage1

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Will DZ survive?

You are the Fox News of posters. Light on facts and substance, big on "just asking the questions" to try and create a narrative. 

Trash, garbage, dumpster fire.... blah blah rinse and repeat. Get a new shtick.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Any QB we add will come with some type of risk/reward. There’s not a perfect scenario 

Draft a QB

Risk- May take time to develop/ might be a lemon bust

Reward-

Elite Skills/ Upside / potential to be a star

Low Salary cap hit for 5 seasons allows to overload team via FA

Sign a Vet

Risk - Limited upside/ High Salary / Middle of the road results. Keeps team average from acquiring top QB talent and limited FA resources

Reward- Ready to play day 1/ Gives time to keep team competitive while developing QB / Gives team stability 

Trade for Star

Risk- Costs draft capital/ High Salary

Reward- Elite play/ Ability to make up for team weaknesses / Could have team in title contention/ FAs wanna join team 

That's my take on Anthony Richardson is I think the concept of drafting a quarterback means that he's the best option because it's all lottery. None of them are guaranteed to do well so you just go with the highest potential as long as the character & work ethic is there. 

On the flipside, trying to sign a star quarterback is dumb because our team isn't ready to compete. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You are the Fox News of posters. Light on facts and substance, big on "just asking the questions" to try and create a narrative. 

Trash, garbage, dumpster fire.... blah blah rinse and repeat. Get a new shtick.

Haha the truth and reality hurts.  You say Fox News and I say more like Joe Rogan… Keep fantasizing about unrealistic scenarios if that is what gets you through the day but I speak the truth. 

Idiotic fans are spending countless hours placing Brady, Rodgers and Jackson in Raider jerseys through photoshop when the odds of any of those things happening are zero, just like I have said all along. 

What have I posted that is not a valid question or a fact? Show me some substance contraindicating anything I have said or show me proof that my questions are not valid....

Is there anything regarding the Carr situation that I have posted that is not a fact?  Are you claiming that the situation was not pure incompetence?  If so please explain....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha the truth and reality hurts.  You say Fox News and I say more like Joe Rogan… Keep fantasizing about unrealistic scenarios if that is what gets you through the day but I speak the truth. 

Idiotic fans are spending countless hours placing Brady, Rodgers and Jackson in Raider jerseys through photoshop when the odds of any of those things happening are zero, just like I have said all along. 

What have I posted that is not a valid question or a fact? Show me some substance contraindicating anything I have said or show me proof that my questions are not valid....

Is there anything regarding the Carr situation that I have posted that is not a fact?  Are you claiming that the situation was not pure incompetence?  If so please explain....

And you have have spent countless hours for years now punching down on people thinking you are always right.... so who is the real idiot "fan" here?

• Like 2